Abortions Rights Win (Again)

evillawyer

Dark Brandon, B*tches!
It's almost like when the matter is put directly to the voters, they want women to have choice. Abortion rights are undefeated when actually put to a vote by the citizenry. All three wins in very red states (Kansas, Ohio, and Kentucky). And it's not even going to be close in Ohio.

This was obviously going to pass. Ohio republicans pretty much gave up on “abortion is murder” and pivoted to “ballot initiatives are scary.”

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Pretty much makes all the screaming about Roe look childish.
Childish tantrums.

I fully support the people of Oregon, and Mississippi, deciding for themselves what abortion choice will look like in their own states.

And here’s the truly beautiful part - we should end up with an entire range of choice scenarios between Oregon & Mississippi. Sounds awful…

I still say there is something wrong with a country who’s majority desires the freedom to kill innocent lives under the guise of “choice”. It indicates a very unhealthy moral compass here.
It’s not about the freedom to “kill”.

It’s about the choice before the mother: carry the baby, or terminate the pregnancy.

It takes 2 to tango, a male and a female. The male has every bit as much claim as the female - but I can’t split the baby. All I can do is tell the male “I’m sorry, it’s not fair, but I personally am going to leave the choice with the mother”.

It’s even more heartbreaking when the other party involved is the baby. But my own personal view is to again leave the choice with the mother.

Reactions: AM64
It will be interesting to see in the debate tomorrow night whether any candidate supports a national abortion law.

The state's rights people would say no. The religious right would say yes. Which base do they seek to secure ?

Reactions: tvolsfan
Pretty much makes all the screaming about Roe look childish.

No, it doesn't. The creeps took away a longtime federal right. The views of Republicans and christian crazies on abortion have always been in the minority--they are not shared by most Americans. But this is true of most GOP/crazy christian views.

Reactions: tvolsfan
It's almost like when the matter is put directly to the voters, they want women to have choice. Abortion rights are undefeated when actually put to a vote by the citizenry. All three wins in very red states (Kansas, Ohio, and Kentucky). And it's not even going to be close in Ohio.

It appears that Republicans aren’t nearly as pro life as we’d been led to believe. They clearly don’t care about abortion as much as the left does.

No, it doesn't. The creeps took away a longtime federal right. The views of Republicans and christian crazies on abortion have always been in the minority--they are not shared by most Americans. But this is true of most GOP/crazy christian views.
It didn’t take away the right at all. It made it a states issue and time and time again your side in winning. You should be praising what the SC did. Ohio is far more liberal on abortion today than it was before Roe v Wade was thrown out. You should be thrilled

Actually 40 years and more ago Protestants didn't give half a hoot about abortion. Opposition was pretty much a Catholic thing. Protestants were majority GOP. So there's your GOP and Christians who were in the majority and who, surprise surprise Gomer, didn't oppose it on principle.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Childish tantrums.

I fully support the people of Oregon, and Mississippi, deciding for themselves what abortion choice will look like in their own states.

And here’s the truly beautiful part - we should end up with an entire range of choice scenarios between Oregon & Mississippi. Sounds awful…
I'm unsure letting each state decide what is and what isn't murder is a good plan in the long run.

Reactions: creekdipper
I'm unsure letting each state decide what is and what isn't murder is a good plan in the long run.

States have always had differences in their murder laws. What may be a second degree murder in one state could easily be manslaughter in another or a valid case of self defense in another.

Let’s not pretend this is new

Reactions: AM64 and hog88

Silver Lining - Leftist trash will continue to extinguish their offspring!

Our Country's increasing moral decline is obvious. More and more people gleefully embracing the Western Death Cult. Disturbing to see, but is what it is.

You were on point until you blamed the west for the problem. It’s the philosophies opposed to western culture that are the root of the problem

VN Store

Back