Recruiting Football Talk VII

That catch is tough as hell that only the very best in the league make
What are you talking about? Every WR in the league should be able to catch that ball. For some reason he had his hands wrong. Would've been caught if he had his hands right. (By having his hands wrong his stretch wasshorter)

Reactions: knoxvol52
Tell that to last year's team and all the fans that traveled to the Orange Bowl and tuned in to watch them play. Did you watch the Orange Bowl and see the Vols beat Clemson last year?
Did I watch, yes, did I care? Besides having a financial reason to, noope.

prefer noon
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

I’m getting close to being a blue hair, well maybe in a few more years. I can assure you I never sit on my hands, in here or in my life. I’m a fighter, always have been, because I’ve never had a choice. I do realize that there’s not anything I can do, nor you or Orange. on a message board. When we’re on here about this stuff. We’re venting. Same for both of you. Yes, hell yes I’m mad, but show me where it changes anything while we’re posting on here. You don’t know me or anyone else on this board, but you stated that you and Orange are the only ones that are screaming at the tops of your lungs about the officiating. You want to march on the SEC offices In Birmingham? I’m there. BUT don’t ever throw out ‘just sitting on their hands’ comment and expect a huge haul on victims on a message board.

That’s it I’m done.
First off let me say I love you and I think you are a really good person and a awesome poster...a lot better than my old crusty grump ass...really mean that..so I had to think hard on what I wanted to really say to this, and last night I just said "well then...ok"...I was pissed off from slowly working through a rewatch of the game and getting more and more and more pissed off and I didn't want to say anything mean to you.

After thinking about it, I want to say this...for those (not just you, everyone) that say there is nothing WE can do about it, and that pitching a massive collective fit will accomplish NOTHING...

Remember the Schianomo!

WE...ALL of US...pitching a giant collective massive fit sure as hell changed that...for the first and only time that I know of a collective fanbase revolted in mass and made a difference.

The naysayers and "y'all shut up" crowd are why this evil corrupt cheating and physical endangering of our boys on the fields of play will continue unabated.

If all of VN (including our lawmakers) would rise up together we could change this...period.

Remember the Schianomo!

Last edited:
November 5, 1994
George Foreman, a few weeks from turning 46 years old, stuns the sports world with a win over Michael Moorer in the heavyweight championship bout. Foreman hadn't boxed in over 17 months and was chosen to face Moorer mainly because of his name -- with Mike Tyson, Tommy Morrison, and Evander Holyfield unavailable due to losses and other extracurricular offenses, Foreman was the biggest profile available.

No one gave the 45 year-old a snowball's chance in hell to win. He hadn't claimed the heavyweight title since he lost to Muhammad Ali, and that was 20 years ago. Now he was facing a man who was younger, quicker, stronger, and the holder of an undefeated 35-0 record.

But the calm, confident Foreman had everybody fooled. Wearing the same orange trunks that he wore against Ali 20 years ago, Foreman was losing badly on all cards going into the tenth round. It was in that stanza that Foreman flipped a switch, throwing one mighty punch at the jaw of Moorer. The prohibitive favorite toppled to the ground, sprawling backwards onto the canvas. Moorer was given the ten count and to the amazement of everyone in the building, Foreman was the champion.

View attachment 593072
Year of the Grill.

1699215491263.jpeg

VN Store

Back