Joe grew up

Will74

Ok like it or not ,its time we take our fan hat off and put our coach hat on..Yes joe has not hit every pass or been anything the hype had us believe preseason ,actually there has been ALOT dropped passes that shouldnt have happen..
BUT.I seen a different Joe against bama ,and it bled over from A&M..Joe realized he is bigger and stronger than any db on the field ,which in turn will become a very dangerous weapon for us..See i seen a hungry Joe.If you noticed Joe did not shy away from contact ,instead he was seeking it ..JOE MILTON my friends became a dog and opposing dbs now have a decision to make when joe comes out the backfield .a decision that can break there will or cause them to become a meme in todays social media ....Im excited to watch him develop this run the rest of the season .So no its not nico time just yet .Joe just realized he dont have to be bazooka joe .he can be tank joe that happens to have a bazooka on the ready .lets go fans get behind him and soak in the fact that now we could very well have the most dreaded qbs when he pulls it down and HOPES a db gets in his way

As long as he doesn't get hurt.. That's the risk you take running him a lot. Problem is they may pretty much have to run him to win games.. The passing game is dysfunctional and can't be counted on..
Aye, but Hooker and Dobbs ran even more than Milton has been -- yes, eventually Hooker did get hurt -- and LSU's Daniels runs even more. Milton is bigger and stronger than all those guys.

Ok like it or not ,its time we take our fan hat off and put our coach hat on..Yes joe has not hit every pass or been anything the hype had us believe preseason ,actually there has been ALOT dropped passes that shouldnt have happen..
BUT.I seen a different Joe against bama ,and it bled over from A&M..Joe realized he is bigger and stronger than any db on the field ,which in turn will become a very dangerous weapon for us..See i seen a hungry Joe.If you noticed Joe did not shy away from contact ,instead he was seeking it ..JOE MILTON my friends became a dog and opposing dbs now have a decision to make when joe comes out the backfield .a decision that can break there will or cause them to become a meme in todays social media ....Im excited to watch him develop this run the rest of the season .So no its not nico time just yet .Joe just realized he dont have to be bazooka joe .he can be tank joe that happens to have a bazooka on the ready .lets go fans get behind him and soak in the fact that now we could very well have the most dreaded qbs when he pulls it down and HOPES a db gets in his way
One game is one game. Let's see how he does Saturday before we annoint him a changed, grown up QB.

I agree with most of what OP had to say. But, Dobbs could read an entire field at a glance and run to the space. So could Hooker, but I always worried about his stork-like legs. The tank approach isn't necessarily a formula for Joe's future success but it was good to see a new, aggressive approach.

It would seem odd to me if the coaches let Joe continue to avoid sliding. 🤔

Jesus. No he didn’t. He played a decent half of football and some of our dans want to nominate him for heisman. Our 6th year senior shouldn’t surprise us we he plays a good half. And it definitely wasn’t great. I missed two short touchdown passes in the first half that kept eight points off the board for us. Then in the second half, he was his typical self, throwing high on a bunch of his passes to open receivers. He also had the typical lack of awareness play that costs us 6.

He’s exactly what I expected him to be. A below average qb playing in the best offensive scheme in American. Personally, I’ll be glad when we aren’t surprised that our quarterback makes a handful of accurate throws. I honestly believe Newton is by far the worst quarterback Heupel will ever put out on the field as the Tennessee coach.

About every 5th run he looks like one of the top 5 athletes in CFB. If he ran like that every time we would be a juggernaut.

Reactions: volfeeva
Jesus. No he didn’t. He played a decent half of football and some of our dans want to nominate him for heisman. Our 6th year senior shouldn’t surprise us we he plays a good half. And it definitely wasn’t great. I missed two short touchdown passes in the first half that kept eight points off the board for us. Then in the second half, he was his typical self, throwing high on a bunch of his passes to open receivers. He also had the typical lack of awareness play that costs us 6.

He’s exactly what I expected him to be. A below average qb playing in the best offensive scheme in American. Personally, I’ll be glad when we aren’t surprised that our quarterback makes a handful of accurate throws. I honestly believe Newton is by far the worst quarterback Heupel will ever put out on the field as the Tennessee coach.
Joe, for Heisman!

As long as he doesn't get hurt.. That's the risk you take running him a lot. Problem is they may pretty much have to run him to win games.. The passing game is dysfunctional and can't be counted on..
You can’t worry about getting hurt at this point in Miltons career. Monroe runs, Dart runs, USC quarterback runs. Plenty of quarterbacks run. Sure you run smart, but it’s football. You do what is needed to win, if you can’t do that you don’t need to be the man. Sorry but that is just the truth. If your gonna play quarterback in the sec and your arm isn’t enough you better be using your legs. But he doesn’t run decisive enough. He is getting better but at times he looks timid or unsure when to cut loose. He needs a mean streak out on the field. I like Joe but down the stretch he needs to elevate his game or the youngster may have to come in. I guarantee Nico is probably getting close and may just need a game or 2 for the light too come on. Even if Joe plays well against Kentucky, Nico needs to get the work against UConn or if Joe struggles against Kentucky I would at least give Nico a few series to settle Joe back down and see what Nico can do. We need to see what Nico can do in live action and UConn is a great place to give him some reps even if he isn’t ready to completely take over. GBO

You can’t worry about getting hurt at this point in Miltons career. Monroe runs, Dart runs, USC quarterback runs. Plenty of quarterbacks run. Sure you run smart, but it’s football. You do what is needed to win, if you can’t do that you don’t need to be the man. Sorry but that is just the truth. If your gonna play quarterback in the sec and your arm isn’t enough you better be using your legs. But he doesn’t run decisive enough. He is getting better but at times he looks timid or unsure when to cut loose. He needs a mean streak out on the field. I like Joe but down the stretch he needs to elevate his game or the youngster may have to come in. I guarantee Nico is probably getting close and may just need a game or 2 for the light too come on. Even if Joe plays well against Kentucky, Nico needs to get the work against UConn or if Joe struggles against Kentucky I would at least give Nico a few series to settle Joe back down and see what Nico can do. We need to see what Nico can do in live action and UConn is a great place to give him some reps even if he isn’t ready to completely take over. GBO
Not sure Nico is ready or needs to see the field currently. The fact is our receivers are not creating separation. And when they are they are making crucial drops. Unless that changes, putting Nico out there is just setting him up for failure, or forcing him to run. While I agree Milton should cut loose and run more and not worry about injuries, I would not say the same thing about a true freshman who is 5 years younger and 40 lbs lighter. Uconn may indeed be the right time because I expect our run game to be dominant and therefore play action should be as well, plus our receiver should be able to create some separation against that secondary. Any way, just one opinion

Joe Milton is actually a tight end within a quarter backs position. He is big, strong and very gifted physically. He literally runs over defenders. Run Joe Run ! That is you #1 asset ! Will boost your professional possibilities in my opinion. Running lanes were open all night around the corners as well as up the middle. It came natural to Hendon , however, it must not to Milton.

Milton is a 6-year college QB who hasn’t progressed much beyond where an inexperienced (albeit physically talented) 2nd year QB would be. He has a ceiling to his play that comes from the mental side. He throws consistently high and long. He doesn’t make good reads. He holds the ball too long. His athleticism aside, the guy is (maybe) a slightly above average player who can’t overcome our team’s penchant for choking in the big games.

Reactions: DonDiego
We'll get a good, objective evaluation of Joe when the NFL draft comes around. He's no QB, but he might maker a heck of a TE.
Too late to move Joe to tight end to help his stock out on the next level and go ahead and plug Nico in?

edit: should probably have been blue font.

Reactions: HalfullVol

He wasn't bad in the 2nd half. They chose to play stupid ball.

Jesus. He's certainly better than below average, and no one has talked about him like he should win the Heisman.

If we finish 9-3 the year will be looked at as a success. Any thing worse than 8-4 is a disappointment. If we finish 10-2 and win a bowl in 10 years people will say Joe was better than Hooker 😂

VN Store

Back