Excluding Hooker/Dobbs, is there a QB in the last 10 years you would rather have on the field than Joe?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
For perspective, complaining about a talent like Joe is kind of a "luxury problem" to have for us these days. I say that because if you could replace him with any other QB in the "Dark times of UT football", who else would you want from these choices? I used all the starting QB's I can think of from the last 10 years.

Worley
Peterman (The Tennessee version)
Dormady
Keller Chryst
JG
Will McBride
JT Shrout
Maurer
Harrison Bailey

Personally, I'm taking Milton over this list 10/10 times.

You could go back a little further and add Bray to the discussion and that might kick up some opinions, but I'm not sure he's a great fit for Heup's system. I'd probably still rather have Joe.

That's quite a humbling list! I wonder if Milton would be in the JG category if he didn't have JH and team developing him. I mean, JH has a pretty consistent track record of having impactful QBs. I'd say the same about JG...the guy had something like 4-5 different offensive coordinators, but certainly had the tools, without JH as mentor.

For perspective, complaining about a talent like Joe is kind of a "luxury problem" to have for us these days. I say that because if you could replace him with any other QB in the "Dark times of UT football", who else would you want from these choices? I used all the starting QB's I can think of from the last 10 years.

Worley
Dormady
Keller Chryst
JG
Will McBride
JT Shrout
Maurer
Harrison Bailey

You could go back a little further and add Bray to the discussion and that might kick up some opinions, but I'm not sure he's a great fit for Heup's system. I'd probably still rather have Joe.
I would love to have seen JG under Heupel for 3 years.

Hey, this brings a thit to my mind. Nehonwas that backup QB that got all the notoriety for towel waving, getting in OLs faces, and sideline cheering. He xferred from Colorado was @ battle for Bristol and was here a yr.
Surely he was better than Joe. 😄

Worley
Dormady
Keller Chryst
JG
Will McBride
JT Shrout
Maurer
Harrison Bailey

Peterman obviously had the talent as he's made in the NFL for a few years now. JG maybe. My pick though would be Dormady if I had to choose one however I'm still taking Milton over the field.

Worley
Dormady
Keller Chryst
JG
Will McBride
JT Shrout
Maurer
Harrison Bailey

I'd go Worley... good making quick reads and decisions. Doesn't have the physical tools of Milton, but a much higher footballl IQ, imo.... Joe just doesn't make the correct decisions. If we still had Hooker we'd be 5-0, and outscoring our opppoents by a million, because he made the right decisions.

Reactions: gobravesvols16

VN Store

Back