The Grill and BBQ thread

Reactions: KptVFL
Cooking in a BBQ competition in October. I know I’ve got a Boston butt that will do just fine, and a turkey breast that is really good. Ribs…ehh. Always been my Achilles heel. Until today. Finally figured it out. Most importantly, my (almost) 4 year old niece approves.

Attachments

• IMG_3565.jpeg
    IMG_3565.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3566.jpeg
    IMG_3566.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3567.jpeg
    IMG_3567.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3569.jpeg
    IMG_3569.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 26
Cooking in a BBQ competition in October. I know I’ve got a Boston butt that will do just fine, and a turkey breast that is really good. Ribs…ehh. Always been my Achilles heel. Until today. Finally figured it out. Most importantly, my (almost) 4 year old niece approves.

Good luck! What competition is it?

Do you typically burn wood or charcoal? And what size do you have? I have looked at ooni, cru and even a gozney.
I’ve tried both separately but i like to use a combination of both. Heat up with charcoal and put a chunk or 2 into the firebox about 5 minutes or so prior to putting the pizza in. It’s a learning curve for sure.

Reactions: GTBATV
Do you typically burn wood or charcoal? And what size do you have? I have looked at ooni, cru and even a gozney.
I got a Gozney when they first came out. I really like it, however the pizzas are a bit small because the dome isn’t very big. I’ve also found it easiest to use a pre cooked dough because the oven gets so hot things burn really quickly.

I'm kind of a rookie too really. I've been smoking for a couple of years now, and that's really just a hobby. Gonna see if I can run with the big dogs.
Yeah I’m like 3 weeks in type rookie lol I’ve always loved it though. Good bbq is hard to beat

I made chopped cheese on the Blackstone. I'm gonna say it, they are better than Philly Steaks, at least when the a Philly is made at home.

VN Store

Back