So the Tuohy's were phonies (Michael Oher)

Of course it does. Any earnest non-backstabbing "conservator" would have asked for 50% and insisted on a say in the script? Wouldn't you if you had a ward?

50% of what?

The movie is powerful propaganda. It appears to affected your judgement.

I'm not sure it's propaganda so much as it is Hollywood embellishment, not unlike Rudy. I'm not sure that it affected my judgement in that I've always just thought of the Tuohys as a rich couple who were willing to help a kid, but also really enjoyed the residual benefit of helping out Ole Miss.

Someone asked what the story would be without the Tuohy’s and I explained it.

Where would they be without Michael, still rich but a lot less famous

Where would Michael be without them? The same place he is now.

You think Oher is the subject of a book and a movie that generates a third of a billion in box office without the Tuohys?

because no one is going to see that movie without it being Michael Oher. Plenty of stories of rich white families adopting needy kids, those don't get made into movies typically. The Tuohy's aren't the human interest part of it, or anything that anyone would care about.

I would actually love to hear how the Tuohy's side is a compelling story at all? Rich white family can financially afford to adopt another kid, has a house big enough to give him his own room (and bed), has the connections to get him into the school they want.

There are plenty of athletes who grew up in absolutely horrendous circumstances. The idea that his rags to riches story would have inevitably led to the same place is absolutely nonsensical.

Here's the reality that a lot of folks don't want to admit: the story was huge because of the white savior aspect. This is the truth. It's doesn't make it wrong or evil, nor does it mean that the producers of the movie or the audiences are racist for having embraced it. But the story became popular because of what it was. To take either side of the dynamic out robs the story of what makes it compelling.

Yes, Oher could have been taken in by any other white family, or the Tuohys could have reached out to any other black kid. But that's not what happened.

You think Oher is the subject of a book and a movie that generates a third of a billion in box office without the Tuohys?
You are avoiding the issue that they were his conservators, which is a focus of Oher's petition, at all costs. That is a massive fact on the ground Nothing you say is pertinent.

You also ignored the issue about the NCAA infraction, I notice.

If you want to talk about your feelings about that Hallmark Special of a movie, you should go to a site like Rotten Tomatoes.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
You are avoiding the issue that they were his conservators, which is a focus of Ohers petition, at all costs.

How have I avoided it? It's entirely possible that they completely abused that conservatorship. But you'll have to forgive me if I don't jump to that conclusion based on nothing more than a claim drafted by a plaintiff's attorney.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I put bamawriter on ignore because he is a troll and has always been a troll. I encourage everyone to do likewise.

His last attempt was incredibly stupid or a gross instance of trolling or both. I don't have to forgive him for trolling. 😂 What a trollish notion. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: wmcovol
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
That is apparently what they told him, as did their long-standing attorney whom he had been taught to consider to be his "aunt" and who was pretending to represent him.

There is nothing in the adoption laws to back up the Tuohys' claim (which they and their own attorney, who they asked to represent to other party in the agreement, deceived Oher into believing) that Oher being over the age of 18 had any bearing on adoption laws. And conservatorship is a very strong legal instrument. It is hardly a mere "formality" in the colloquial sense.

Did you notice Oher was speaking in that quote in the past tense. That is what he had been led to believe, and that agrees with the petition. He relates there how he "felt" at that time. That he felt that way confirms the duplicitous behavior of the Tuohys and their attorney.

That was legal malpractice.

Last edited:

No but he hated the movie, says he did not recieve money in profits and lost rights to his image, likeness, name and life story because his lawyer (good friend of the Tuohy’s and the one who had him sign the conservatorship, told him to.) Strangely the Tuohy’s had a completely different lawyer that gave them a better deal, weird…

Without the Tuohy’s he’d have control if his own finances and legal affairs.

No but he hated the movie, says he did not recieve money in profits and lost rights to his image, likeness, name and life story because his lawyer (good friend of the Tuohy’s and the one who had him sign the conservatorship, told him to.) Strangely the Tuohy’s had a completely different lawyer that gave them a better deal, weird…

Without the Tuohy’s he’d have control if his own finances and legal affairs.

Are you sure that, without the influence of the Tuohys, Michael Oher would have been equipped to control his own finances and legal affairs?

I'm not putting a stake in the ground and saying that the Tuohys in no way took advantage of Oher. Maybe they did. But even if they did, I'm still not convinced that he didn't wind up better for their influence.

Last edited:
I can hardly believe so many people are stanning for those Ole Miss mega boosters who are grotesque backstabbers of their own adopted "child" (as they have long claimed from their "hearts"), continual liars about an adoption they demonstrably did not want, "non-profit" profiteers based on the lie that they are heroes and exemplars of loving adoption, and NCAA cheats in addition.

The movie they arranged must be nuclear-grade brain-washing. 😂

Last edited:
There are plenty of athletes who grew up in absolutely horrendous circumstances. The idea that his rags to riches story would have inevitably led to the same place is absolutely nonsensical.

Here's the reality that a lot of folks don't want to admit: the story was huge because of the white savior aspect. This is the truth. It's doesn't make it wrong or evil, nor does it mean that the producers of the movie or the audiences are racist for having embraced it. But the story became popular because of what it was. To take either side of the dynamic out robs the story of what makes it compelling.

Yes, Oher could have been taken in by any other white family, or the Tuohys could have reached out to any other black kid. But that's not what happened.
The irony of this story is the Tuohys aren't white saviors they are white robbers.

Lots of people overthinking this in this thread. It simply was a gimmick to get a blue chip tackle to go to Ole Miss. Nobody was trying to be a hero to an underprivileged kid.

Lots of people overthinking this in this thread. It simply was a gimmick to get a blue chip tackle to go to Ole Miss. Nobody was trying to be a hero to an underprivileged kid.

And nobody screwed him out of any money. This came up when he left Baltimore, remember?

I’m betting he’s mismanaged his money, they had a falling out, and he’s got a money chasing lawyer trying to make money.

He spoke about the conservatorship multiple times over the years, he knew what it was, and he said he didn’t care. Now, his career is over, he no longer has money coming in, he has probably blown a ton, and now he’s saying he just found out about the conservatorship in February. Which is an absolute lie. Meaning, most of the rest of his suit probably is also.

This looks to me like a shakedown, money grab from Oher, hoping the family would buckle because of their high profile stature.
According to former o-lineman and VFL Ramon Foster, Oher is doing well financially and health wise and living in Nashville currently. I think the attorney has swindled Michael into this and unfortunately he'll get most of any money that comes from it.

Are you sure that, without the influence of the Tuohy's, Michael Oher would have been equipped to control his own finances and legal affairs?

I'm not putting a stake in the ground and saying that the Tuohys in no way took advantage of Oher. Maybe they did. But even if they did, I'm still not convinced that he didn't wind up better for their influence.

He is not mentally deficient, not addicted to drugs, not having a major health crisis. There is absolutely no reason an adult shouldn’t have control of his own affairs.

I don’t know how you can even think that keeping him under someone else’s control when there is no legal reason is okay.

VN Store

Back