Tennessee Transfer Portal Targets

Only at Tennessee could someone be freshman all conference and have people talk about him like he’s Dane Bradshaw. He didn’t play a lot against FAU because he had a hip pointer.
First being on the all SEC freshmen team does not make someone NBA ready. They listed 9 players. I did not act like he was Dane Bradshaw. I said he didn’t have a good handle, which is true. That FAU injury was bs. He played 12 minutes and couldn’t dribble the ball because they got in his face. That is a fact, watch the game. I like Phillips but it amazing that people think he is going to succeed in the NBA. Although he may get some money which is not a bad thing.

First being on the all SEC freshmen team does not make someone NBA ready. They listed 9 players. I did not act like he was Dane Bradshaw. I said he didn’t have a good handle, which is true. That FAU injury was bs. He played 12 minutes and couldn’t dribble the ball because they got in his face. That is a fact, watch the game. I like Phillips but it amazing that people think he is going to succeed in the NBA. Although he may get some money which is not a bad thing.
Good point cudos

I have nothing against Phillips (I hope he comes back) but has anyone that follows NBA seen a player with stats like his as a freshmen go pro after his freshmen year and make it. Take into account his skill set. He does not have a good handle and that is one reason he hardly played against FAU. I understand he could go G league or whatever but don’t see him being successful in NBA at this point.

I realize there are many differences and I'm not saying it's the right decision for JP to go, but since you're referring to stats, Devin Booker averaged 10 pts and 1.1 assists in 1 year at Kentucky and is doing ok for himself (JP: 8.3 pts, 1.4 assists).

Reactions: VolOnthePlains
I know we have been expecting the Phillips news for a little bit, but I am just very disappointed we couldn’t keep him for another year. It feels especially frustrating to lose someone over a 2nd round draft grade. I really think if he put in the work over the summer he could have been special here next year. I kind of agree with Rob Lewis that I don’t think Knecht and Ledlum IF we land both would be an upgrade on Julian and JJJ but it obviously remains to be seen. Definitely would be the best possible portal draw at this point though.

I know we have been expecting the Phillips news for a little bit, but I am just very disappointed we couldn’t keep him for another year. It feels especially frustrating to lose someone over a 2nd round draft grade. I really think if he put in the work over the summer he could have been special here next year. I kind of agree with Rob Lewis that I don’t think Knecht and Ledlum IF we land both would be an upgrade on Julian and JJJ but it obviously remains to be seen. Definitely would be the best possible portal draw at this point though.
Will be interesting to monitor if it happen…49mpg 18.3ppg 9.4rpg 39%FG 45%2ptFG 30%3ptFG 83%FT

Reactions: Orange.
They might not be better than JJJ and Phillips, but I think they'll be more consistent and hopefully won't be injured to the point of missing half the season. Upgrade or downgrade....I'll take my chances. We need some changes.

They might not be better than JJJ and Phillips, but I think they'll be more consistent and hopefully won't be injured to the point of missing half the season. Upgrade or downgrade....I'll take my chances. We need some changes.
Probably an upgrade offensively, a downgrade defensively, but overall more consistent and add elements with dribble drive that neither JJJ or Phillips provided last year.

Obviously those numbers aren’t great, but they can be a little misleading considering how both were battling injuries all year. I know you’re trying to imply they didn’t give us much, and to a certain degree your correct, but I don’t think you could just take whatever Knecht and Ledlum average next year and compare it to JJJ and Julian from this year. We simply don’t know how Phillips would have improved with a 2nd year or how JJJ would play if he is healthy.

Reactions: walkenvol
Obviously those numbers aren’t great, but they can be a little misleading considering how both were battling injuries all year. I know you’re trying to imply they didn’t give us much, and to a certain degree your correct, but I don’t think you could just take whatever Knecht and Ledlum average next year and compare it to JJJ and Julian from this year. We simply don’t know how Phillips would have improved with a 2nd year or how JJJ would play if he is healthy.
I wasn’t trying to say or definitely portray anything, just laying out the facts…we also don’t know if Phillips would improve and we don’t know if JJJ actually could be healthy, very real chance he could be even more banged up next year.

I wasn’t trying to say or definitely portray anything, just laying out the facts…we also don’t know if Phillips would improve and we don’t know if JJJ actually could be healthy, very real chance he could be even more banged up next year.
Yeah I was about to say that about JJJ staying healthy as well. You just don’t know. You don’t know if your transfers will end up being good contributors either. It’s all just making the best decisions with the data you have

Watch Knecht’a film. It will make you feel better. Knecht has 15 ppg and around 3-4 rebounds a game potential. Killer type attitude. Ledlum bully ball, but tape isn’t like knechts. Not close really ether imo.

Funny thing is that Basilio said that Julian Phillips hasn't been on campus for a month. Call me stupid but our season ended 3 weeks ago. So basically Basilio is saying Phillips has quit school. Funny I haven't read that anywhere.

Funny thing is that Basilio said that Julian Phillips hasn't been on campus for a month. Call me stupid but our season ended 3 weeks ago. So basically Basilio is saying Phillips has quit school. Funny I haven't read that anywhere.

I find it hard to believe that Phillips hasn’t been in class and has been off campus for an entire month and no one noticed except for Tony Basilio.

Reactions: Vol49er
i’ll wish him success wherever he goes but i don’t know if it is the smartest thing to do. He would have went off next year with another off season under barnes.

He also said that BJ Edwards is expected to hit the portal.

VN Store

Back