Tennessee Transfer Portal Targets

Yeah, would take Jaylon Tyson in a heartbeat. Great size at 6'6" has 2 years left shoots over 53% from 2pt and 40% from 3PT and was basically a 11 points and 6 rebounds a night guy.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I am just waiting for the first shoe to drop. It’s been a long wait compared to some teams, but I think we’ll have a good idea of where things are headed for this roster once we get a domino to fall. Whether that’s a Santi return, Knecht/Ledlum to announce a decision, Demary, etc.

Reactions: berryvol
Yeah, would take Jaylon Tyson in a heartbeat. Great size at 6'6" has 2 years left shoots over 53% from 2pt and 40% from 3PT and was basically a 11 points and 6 rebounds a night guy.
In the best conference in the country, too.
Picturing him translating his skill to the SEC shouldn't take any sort of projection or hopefulness.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I am just waiting for the first shoe to drop. It’s been a long wait compared to some teams, but I think we’ll have a good idea of where things are headed for this roster once we get a domino to fall. Whether that’s a Santi return, Knecht/Ledlum to announce a decision, Demary, etc.
I'm right there with you on this. Just ready for that first domino to fall. I will have to say that I am happy that we haven't had a lot of news compared to some teams because none of our players have transferred out which has been great. (Don't really count Olivier as a trasnfer out since its a Covid year and we didn't expect him back)

Barring a dramatic shift in events, Phillips will declare this week. The substance of his announcement and possibility of his return should be out there by Friday. One mystery fewer after that. I’ve heard both Santi and JJJ will both go on the record soon, and have heard that Uros is stubbornly sitting tight til the cards fall. The last one is weird, but I think everyone is tiptoeing until some facts firm up.

Barring a dramatic shift in events, Phillips will declare this week. The substance of his announcement and possibility of his return should be out there by Friday. One mystery fewer after that. I’ve heard both Santi and JJJ will both go on the record soon, and have heard that Uros is stubbornly sitting tight til the cards fall. The last one is weird, but I think everyone is tiptoeing until some facts firm up.

Why is Uros sitting tight? Don’t need him lmao

Smh, can’t wait till Barnes starts him over Aidoo again

Reactions: oldaaucoach
Why is Uros sitting tight? Don’t need him lmao

Smh, can’t wait till Barnes starts him over Aidoo again

I’m sure Uros is holding out hope that he could return if we were to have an open spot

Heard anything on Ledlum or Knecht?

Without stirring up the earlier argument about who has or doesn't have sources, is there nothing going on with the Demary kid?....

Without stirring up the earlier argument about who has or doesn't have sources, is there nothing going on with the Demary kid?....
I’ve yet to hear anything with him and the staff in a serious manner…reality is that Santi is likely to return, JJJ & Uros gone, Phillips up in the air. If it plays out that way we have room for only 1 portal addition and then a potential 2nd with Phillips being up in the air. There isn’t a ton of room and we’ve already brought in 2 OV’s and are waiting to hear from them (and we’d take both). I would think if we are to pursue Demary it is likely at the expense of a guard on the roster hitting the portal.

Last edited:
I’ve yet to hear anything with him and the staff in a serious manner…reality is that Santi is likely to return, JJJ & Uros gone, Phillips up in the air. If it plays out that way we have room for only 1 portal addition and then a potential 2nd with Phillips being up in the air. There isn’t a ton of room and we’ve already brought in 2 OV’s and are waiting to hear from them. I would think if we are to pursue Demary it is likely at the expense of a guard on the roster hitting the portal.
I guess I'd rather have Demary than BJ but if it appears Edwards is staying, that's the end of that....

When you say “tiptoeing till facts firm up” are you referring to Uros? Is he basically just waiting till “facts firm up” (I.e, roster spots) to see if he might be able to return? Or does that language imply something else?

When you say “tiptoeing till facts firm up” are you referring to Uros? Is he basically just waiting till “facts firm up” (I.e, roster spots) to see if he might be able to return? Or does that language imply something else?

I think they’ve told Uros he’s losing his spot, but he’s waiting til everyone announces intentions in case he might be able to stick around. I’d rate the odds of that happening as low, but not impossible. I think they’re deciding what to do about DeMary as that just developed at the end of last week. If Ledlum and Knecht each committed, they plan to take both. I’ve heard nothing about either as of 11am today.

I have nothing against Phillips (I hope he comes back) but has anyone that follows NBA seen a player with stats like his as a freshmen go pro after his freshmen year and make it. Take into account his skill set. He does not have a good handle and that is one reason he hardly played against FAU. I understand he could go G league or whatever but don’t see him being successful in NBA at this point.

VN Store

Back