2023 Transfer Portal - General NCAA Thread

He's got that little step back jumper down for sure. Got him some quicks, too. There's a need, PT and a big stage for him. Question is how does he view our roster next year given our losses?

If I’m selling Sharp, I point out to him not only the fact that ZZ is recovering from the ACL and probably won’t be ready to start the season, BUT ALSO the fact that we’re losing Vescovi at the 2. That’s important because we can point to the 21-22 season when we played ZZ and Chandler together. We’re not afraid to play 2 PGs at once. And it might be appealing to Sharp to play on and off the ball at different times.

Reactions: vol94
I know he’s not in the portal, but I’d love to get the Jordan Brown kid at Louisiana. A 6-11 kid who can score and rebound would be huge for this team.

Reactions: walkenvol
Fwiw Rod Clark knows his from his Missouri/KC days
Sharp is an interesting case. 4 school in 5 years, so far, and this will be his 5th in 6. This was his only year of high-level production. He has great size for the PG position, a 2:1 assist to TO ratio, good rebounder, and solid shooting numbers. We're injuries an issue at Missouri St. that limited his games he played in?

Sharp is an interesting case. 4 school in 5 years, so far, and this will be his 5th in 6. This was his only year of high-level production. He has great size for the PG position, a 2:1 assist to TO ratio, good rebounder, and solid shooting numbers. We're injuries an issue at Missouri St. that limited his games he played in?
Not sure why his last year was cut short, I do know he followed his coach from Missouri State to Northwestern State. According to this he has injury issues at Missouri State Demarcus Sharp: Missouri State point guard enters transfer portal

Not sure why his last year was cut short, I do know he followed his coach from Missouri State to Northwestern State. According to this he has injury issues at Missouri State Demarcus Sharp: Missouri State point guard enters transfer portal
So we’ve reached out to both guys. Obviously for Sharp as a PG but is Dunn for PG or SG? We have 2 spots open correct? If so wouldn’t we rather get another big if we hypothetically get another PG? I honestly wouldn’t mind if Olivier comes back for another year. Out of all our guys I feel like Olivier hasn’t reached his full potential, and he could light it up next year.

So we’ve reached out to both guys. Obviously for Sharp as a PG but is Dunn for PG or SG? We have 2 spots open correct? If so wouldn’t we rather get another big if we hypothetically get another PG? I honestly wouldn’t mind if Olivier comes back for another year. Out of all our guys I feel like Olivier hasn’t reached his full potential, and he could light it up next year.
They've reached out to Sharp, Dunn & Mack to my knowledge as far as guys actually in the portal, Dunn is an off ball type, could probably play PG in a pinch but I don’t think you’d want him as PG1. You keep your options open with recruiting, our season isn’t over and end of year discussions have yet to take place so a transfer out could always happen.

As for returning guys I don’t think any will, as far as who I would want, in order…Santi, Olivier, JJJ, Plav, I think the staff would welcome any of the first 3 back, Plav not so much, but again I don’t expect any of them back.

They've reached out to Sharp, Dunn & Mack to my knowledge as far as guys actually in the portal, Dunn is an off ball type, could probably play PG in a pinch but I don’t think you’d want him as PG1. You keep your options open with recruiting, our season isn’t over and end of year discussions have yet to take place so a transfer out could always happen.

As for returning guys I don’t think any will, as far as who I would want, in order…Santi, Olivier, JJJ, Plav, I think the staff would welcome any of the first 3 back, Plav not so much, but again I don’t expect any of them back.
I just don’t think Olivier has reached his full potential. Would love to see him be the guy from the last game for a full season next year. Realistically I could see him get up to a 16ppg 7rpg guy.

I just don’t think Olivier has reached his full potential. Would love to see him be the guy from the last game for a full season next year. Realistically I could see him get up to a 16ppg 7rpg guy.
Don’t disagree, I just think Santi being a 15ppg guy is much more likely than Nkamhoua given what we’ve seen from both

Don’t disagree, I just think Santi being a 15ppg guy is much more likely than Nkamhoua given what we’ve seen from both

Love Santi, and think he could for sure be a 15 ppg guy, especially if a true PG and interior presence can take pressure off him to do so much on offense.

But I think Olivier still has upside, both have been here 4 years. Santi has played 3500+ minutes and Olivier just 1800+, of course I'm also not sure if our style of play will ever allow Olivier to fully reach his ceiling while here.

I agree with your ranking though, Santi, Olivier, JJJ, and then Uros.

If I’m selling Sharp, I point out to him not only the fact that ZZ is recovering from the ACL and probably won’t be ready to start the season, BUT ALSO the fact that we’re losing Vescovi at the 2. That’s important because we can point to the 21-22 season when we played ZZ and Chandler together. We’re not afraid to play 2 PGs at once. And it might be appealing to Sharp to play on and off the ball at different times.
Yep. Make it so. Of all our needs, a PG is at the top of the list bar none. Yeah, folks will speak of Mashack and Dillion, but I'd have to think a true PG would still be the preference and number 1 need.

Love Santi, and think he could for sure be a 15 ppg guy, especially if a true PG and interior presence can take pressure off him to do so much on offense.

But I think Olivier still has upside, both have been here 4 years. Santi has played 3500+ minutes and Olivier just 1800+, of course I'm also not sure if our style of play will ever allow Olivier to fully reach his ceiling while here.

I agree with your ranking though, Santi, Olivier, JJJ, and then Uros.
I don’t disagree, Nkamhoua ceiling is NBA 1st round, I’ve been his biggest advocate, but he’s never found consistency was my point. I feel much more confident that Santi would be a 15ppg than Nkamhoua, if you told me when get Texas/Duke Nkamhoua every night next year then it’s a no brainer.

I don’t disagree, Nkamhoua ceiling is NBA 1st round, I’ve been his biggest advocate, but he’s never found consistency was my point. I feel much more confident that Santi would be a 15ppg than Nkamhoua, if you told me when get Texas/Duke Nkamhoua every night next year then it’s a no brainer.

Hell I'll even take South Carolina Olivier (15.5 ppg, 9 rpg)

Reactions: berryvol
Wouldn't mind seeing us kick the tires here. I know he’s had injury issues, but Ike has been unstoppable for stretches at Wyoming.

Reactions: Ryno14

VN Store

Back