The Official #6 Tennessee vs. #7 Clemson Orange Bowl Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Prediction:

Defense improves next year but the offense takes a step back and is wildly inconsistent. We finish a frustrating 9-3 regular season and all forget where we were just two years ago as a literal third of the fan base starts to call for CJH’s head saying he can’t get it done. Will point to 9-3 being worse than 10-2 and compare to his tenure at UCF.

You have to look at the 3 and outs and his ability to see the field. He doesn't have that. Now that can be corrected but he is not there yet

The three and outs I've seen have generally been the OL whiffing on blocks, a badly missed PI. A dropped pass by Keaton. The OL getting downfield so Milton couldn't throw it without a penalty. He's had one bad throw and maybe one other play where he was flat footed in the pocket. We are playing an elite talent level defense.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
It’s crazy, after the Georgia game, we haven’t seen the receivers running free down the field for touchdowns. I miss that 😆
Yep and the defense is gassed. If we can't work the middle of the field and stretch clemson vertically, we might be in for a long, painful second half. Our running game is non-existent. Where's Wright and Sampson?

Reading this VN game thread leaves the impression we are getting killed due to the worst DBackfield in NCAA history with worse coaches and a QB who must be replaced ASAP even though we are up 14 - 3 with far better passing stats
C/ATT YDS TD INT
13/18 155 1 0
13/18 155 1
vs CLEM
16/31 201

We lost our Heisman QB and 2 All SEC receivers who are not in play
yet we lead - despite the sea of pessimism

We do miss Hyatt and how he stretches D but I believe Tillman right now is bigger loss Keyton twice had a chance to make contested catches on perfect throws. In CHRIST Alone

Prediction:

Defense improves next year but the offense takes a step back and is wildly inconsistent. We finish a frustrating 9-3 regular season and all forget where we were just two years ago as a literal third of the fan base starts to call for CJH’s head saying he can’t get it done. Will point to 9-3 being worse than 10-2 and compare to his tenure at UCF.
This scenario is highly likely and stresses me out. We won 3 (3!) games two years ago.

Reactions: PA Vol

VN Store

Back