The Official #6 Tennessee vs. #7 Clemson Orange Bowl Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

We're missing Hyatt and Tillman and Clemson's defense is good. If there is any knock on Milton is I think he needs to focus more picking up first downs and keeping drives alive. If he could have cashed in one of those possessions and gone up 21-3 that would have been huge.
And how he stands in the pocket

Reactions: Sara Clark
You have to look at the 3 and outs and his ability to see the field. He doesn't have that. Now that can be corrected but he is not there yet
The majority of the three and outs were crappy second down play calls, after poor first down results, and drops on third down

Reactions: Frozevol
Clemson had seven 1st half possessions, all of which ended in UT territory, have not had a fumble or a pick, and have only punted once. They have 3 points.

How much does Dabo get paid?

Reactions: lifeVol
Milton has looked great especially considering the top 2 receivers are out including the best in the country opting out. Not sure where all the negative Milton comments are coming from? The people complaining about Milton had their minds made up before kickoff.
I think he’s just holding the ball a little too long. His #s are good, but we can’t have the 3 and outs. We need to get back to getting him some quick hitters and also get the tight ends involved. Fant needs to be a factor.

Reactions: vavolfan6
Wow. Milton is 13-18-155 (no overthrows) and a td in the first half against a top 25 defense with 5 star talent (5th most talented team in CFB) yet the legion of the ignorant are somehow seeing that as "Milton can't play."

He does leave you scratching your head at times.

I’ve said many times if Milton can get the easy stuff down and run more often especially in short yardage he could potentially be a complete player POY type.

Wife: "Why are you yelling and laughing tonight?"
Me: Yelling for the Vols on TV and laughing at the stupid posts on Vol Nation!"

Sorry, but true.

Just read where Flowers, Turnage, and Tayven Jackson are out for the Vols. I have not seen Banks. We know Hyatt and Tillman are out. Definitely without Hendon. Wish them all well and hope their services were not needed tonight....GBO VFL.

I don’t disagree. And playing so far off when it’s 3rd and short drives me nuts but the coaches seem to be doing the best job possible with this terrible secondary. The fact we only gave up about 23.5 PPG is amazing and that’s not a terrible number actually. I seem to be in the minority but I think Banks has done a good job. Martinez, not so much but he’s always struggled everywhere he’s been.

Tell me when Willie Martinez has been a good DB coach.

Milton has looked great especially considering the top 2 receivers are out including the best in the country opting out. Not sure where all the negative Milton comments are coming from? The people complaining about Milton had their minds made up before kickoff.
I'm pulling for Milton. I would love to see him show some consistent accuracy. Watching him throw it a mile is cool but if it ends up incomplete, it's just another loss of down.

Vastly underrated comment.

Some of y'all don't realize how much of a game call is a narrative that's been decided well before the game starts.
Most are blind to the narrative because they believe the refs, ESPN, and any other entity in college football formed a cabal with the sole focus of making us lose games. How many “the refs are screwing us” or “ESPN hates us” type comments have been posted in this thread?

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution

VN Store

Back