Young/Anderson/Hyatt

At any school where a player has opted out, are there any examples of team mates later being critical of those players for opting out? I can't think of any. If they don't care then maybe I shouldn't either.

Coaches care because it effects their income.
Maybe that’s the problem with our generation, they haven’t been taught to honor the commitments we make, what is the value of your word? integrity has high value in the big picture of life and as someone who is not loaded, money can’t buy you everything but in the end the only thing that matters is how and what people remember you for while here.

dont blame hyatt..go get that bag young man..will never forget your 5 td game against the gumps..made my day/month/year.

Reactions: stewart6600
What I think about this will not change what is done. If an nfl bound player plays and gets a major injury in one of these secondary bowl games and it causes his draft status or his future earnings to be lessened that would be a bad decision. I am not a player facing that decision. Each player has a right to do what he considers best for his future. Ho Volunteers!!!!

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Saban is probably talking about taking out insurance polices for players in case they get a significant injury that affects their draft status.

If they're a 1st round talent and tear an acl or something in a playoff game, they have an insurance policy that will pay out 7 figures+ to compensate. So they're taking a risk by playing, but it's being minimized by insurance policies that will pay out if they are injured.
Guarantee you they have something in place given they had two elite players go down with ACLs last year in past season play.

Hyatt has declared for the draft, he is gone. It gives the guys who will be here next year valuable first team practice reps. and game reps. We get to see what we have will Squirrel, Merrill, and others. I have no issue with it. Build for next year with the guys who will be here. If the receivers struggle against Clemson Huepel has all offseason to work the portal. Zero issue, Hyatt gave his all this year now its time to build for the future and move on.

All I gotta say is that if I was an NFL GM it would matter to me. I think it says something about the player's view of the ole TEAM-me dynamic. That's always been my opinion and I'm not changing because it's one of our guys sitting out. IDGAF what anybody says this is a huge game for this program. We have not been to one of the original major bowls in 20+ years. That means alot to this fanbase and it should mean alot to this team, especially it's ostensible leaders. I bet Hendon Hooker would be playing if he was healthy.
I used to think the same. That NFL guys would interpret that as selfish and abandoning their teammates. But it’s one less concussion or injury for them to check out. The medical part is the combine process is very extensive. The NFL are the selfish ones. And they want to make an informed decision about their incoming players. Hyatt on crutches can’t run a 40, shuttle or cone drill or catch passes in front of them.

Reactions: zjcvols
Jalin probably cannot afford a one game Life Insurance/Accidental Policy from Lloyds of London

large.png

No disrespect to Jalin; he’s cemented his legacy and I wish him the best. That being said I don’t understand the opt out trend. Why is it suddenly acceptable to bail on your teammates during bowl season when it wasn’t acceptable to do so for generations prior?

The money at the next level is significantly greater than generations prior.

No disrespect to Jalin; he’s cemented his legacy and I wish him the best. That being said I don’t understand the opt out trend. Why is it suddenly acceptable to bail on your teammates during bowl season when it wasn’t acceptable to do so for generations prior?

Wisdom and the availability of data.

Too many pretend that the opportunity of wealth wouldnt change their current outlook on life. Almost none would risk being injured if it was going to cost them millions; ie life changing wealth.

This is why we celebrate the bravery of those who do.

Hyatt has declared for the draft, he is gone. It gives the guys who will be here next year valuable first team practice reps. and game reps. We get to see what we have will Squirrel, Merrill, and others. I have no issue with it. Build for next year with the guys who will be here. If the receivers struggle against Clemson Huepel has all offseason to work the portal. Zero issue, Hyatt gave his all this year now its time to build for the future and move on.
Wonderful post. This is why the NCAA decided to let redshirt candidates play without effecting status. I for one see this as a dress rehearsal for Milton. He will have his 3 starting receivers for next year. In CHRIST Alone

Tillman could have played against Vandy.
He didn't.
He could have stayed for the Orange bowl.
He didn't

Jalin Hyatt could have stayed for the Orange Bowl against his home state school that spurned him. Would have been a phenomenal way to end his career....except that Hendon Hooker or even any average QB isn't playing.

Some many people just don't understand how awful Joe Milton is....smh

The mistake you’re making is that you think players love Tennessee as much as you do and more than their own financial future. The truth is you would probably do the exact same thing

We are deep at WR. I'm not too happy about Jalin's opt out but I get it. I also think guys like Bru McCoy can capitalize on it.

Last year Ohio State had not one but two stud WRs opt out for the Rose Bowl, Olave and Wilson. OSU went on to throw for 573 yards. We can still score big points if Milton plays well.

Sometimes I like your posts, other times I have a hard time not putting you on ignore. Why will you not give JM3 a chance to lead this team? No disrespect of course.

Yeah that's how life works.

I'm not all birds and sunshine like some on here.

I'm simply defending Hyatt's decision.
It absolutely sucks that's he's not playing!

This is the biggest bowl we've had since 2000...
Does anyone realize that??

People need to stop "hoping" a dead battery will magically start. If Hendon Hooker were playing there's no question that Hyatt and Tillman would both be playing.

Put me on ignore if you want.
Idgas...

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
It shows Young and Anderson are more mature IMO. I love Hyatt but he should play.
This might win the “Vol Nation” stupid post of the day. Rethink what you said here man. I’m not risking millions of dollars with an injury on a meaningless game. It’s easy for you to do it because it isn’t YOUR money.

Just a simple pros vs con list makes it an easy choice for some people.

Im convinced if Hooker was playing then Hyatt and Tillman would be playing too. Hyatt doesn’t want to risk getting hurt trying to catch Joe’s overthrows.

This might win the “Vol Nation” stupid post of the day. Rethink what you said here man. I’m not risking millions of dollars with an injury on a meaningless game. It’s easy for you to do it because it isn’t YOUR money.

Just a simple pros vs con list makes it an easy choice for some people.

Far be it from me to side with BOT but are you suggesting that Tillman and Hyatt have more to risk in a meaningless game than Young and Anderson? I love Hyatt and Tillman but there is zero chance right now either of them are anywhere close to the other two in terms of risk by playing a meaningless game

VN Store

Back