Young/Anderson/Hyatt

Saban: "...As an institution, we've minimized the risk of them playing in the game by insuring them the best that we possibly can so that they're not taking a big risk by playing."

Respect to players that feel the need to opt out and respect to those that choose to play, but, OMG... What the heck does that mean?
That quote doesn’t make any sense at all

The game is HUGE in that we got selected for a prestigious bowl game. This is why we play the regular season. It is recognition by a select committee that we had a VERY successful season and being selected to this game is the reward. It is also a signal to recruits that if they come here they can be a part of a very successful program. The only thing better would be being selected to the playoffs where we could show that we are the best in the nation.

The RESULTS of this game is not that important compared to a regular season game. If we had beaten S. Car. we would likely be in the playoffs. If we had lost to Vandy we would have gotten a lower rated bowl that would indicate that we are not an elite team.

IMO it is time to sit back with friends/family, have a drink or 2, enjoy the reward that our team earned and hope for a good game against a good opponent. Win or lose will not affect one bit the joy I had this season!!

Why can't people see what's RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM??

No disrespect man.
To answer your question it's because of Joe Milton being the starting QB
Tillman could have played against Vandy.
He didn't.
He could have stayed for the Orange bowl.
He didn't

Jalin Hyatt could have stayed for the Orange Bowl against his home state school that spurned him. Would have been a phenomenal way to end his career....except that Hendon Hooker or even any average QB isn't playing.

Some many people just don't understand how awful Joe Milton is....smh

We get it. You hate Milton. You make it known at every single opportunity you get. Get the f—-k over it, or go root for another team. Seriously, your shtick is getting old, & the off season hasn’t even started yet. Stop acting like this team owes you something.

Btw, i would be willing to bet you a year’s salary that Milton being the QB had absolutely NOTHING to do with Hyatt opting out

Tillman could have played against Vandy.
He didn't.
He could have stayed for the Orange bowl.
He didn't

Jalin Hyatt could have stayed for the Orange Bowl against his home state school that spurned him. Would have been a phenomenal way to end his career....except that Hendon Hooker or even any average QB isn't playing.

Some many people just don't understand how awful Joe Milton is....smh

Sometimes I like your posts, other times I have a hard time not putting you on ignore. Why will you not give JM3 a chance to lead this team? No disrespect of course.

At any school where a player has opted out, are there any examples of team mates later being critical of those players for opting out? I can't think of any. If they don't care then maybe I shouldn't either.

Coaches care because it effects their income.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I read a 2021 article about Matt Corral and praising him for not Opting out. Of course you know he got hurt.
Then fast forward to article seen after draft Matt Corral drops to 3rd round. Even though his film was viewed as the best by NFL Execs.
Other issues conveniently popped up trying to discredit the Bowl injury.
IMO this is in the mind of a lot of top players as they think about their profession and family.

That quote doesn’t make any sense at all
Saban is probably talking about taking out insurance polices for players in case they get a significant injury that affects their draft status.

If they're a 1st round talent and tear an acl or something in a playoff game, they have an insurance policy that will pay out 7 figures+ to compensate. So they're taking a risk by playing, but it's being minimized by insurance policies that will pay out if they are injured.

Saban: "...As an institution, we've minimized the risk of them playing in the game by insuring them the best that we possibly can so that they're not taking a big risk by playing."

Respect to players that feel the need to opt out and respect to those that choose to play, but, OMG... What the heck does that mean?
At this point Saban cares less if they get injured. He's all about winning, always has been. We've seen this from him in the past.

Reactions: supersmo18
Hmmm

Risk injury for a few grand or become a guaranteed millionaire?

I doubt the record even factored into his decision.

More than likely a smokescreen and yes they may play but for how long one series, a quarter, a half I guarantee it will not be the whole game. If they do it will surprise me, let's go back a little ND LB Jalen Smith projected Top 5 to 10 pick played in bowl game blew his Knee out lost all kinds of money to falling draft position that's why they sit out and I would too if I had that much to lose.

At this point Saban cares less if they get injured. He's all about winning, always has been. We've seen this from him in the past.

Yep, at some point egomaniacs lose perception and have one ultimate goal, like in Civil war “Dam the torpedos” mines ahead Farragut refrain Full Speed Ahead. Sometimes it works out and you’re a hero. When it don’t if the press is in your back pocket the story dies. Saban controls the SEC so no worries for him.

I’m ok with those who dip their French fries in honey mustard even though I prefer ketchup.

Hmmm

Risk injury for a few grand or become a guaranteed millionaire?

I doubt the record even factored into his decision.

Potentially, but not guaranteed - nothing is really guaranteed in life. There is always the chance that one of the backup WR's has a Hyatt type game and folks begin to wonder if it is just the offense.

All I gotta say is that if I was an NFL GM it would matter to me. I think it says something about the player's view of the ole TEAM-me dynamic. That's always been my opinion and I'm not changing because it's one of our guys sitting out. IDGAF what anybody says this is a huge game for this program. We have not been to one of the original major bowls in 20+ years. That means alot to this fanbase and it should mean alot to this team, especially it's ostensible leaders. I bet Hendon Hooker would be playing if he was healthy.

These are strong points. The upsized two words say the most as the the opt outs. THEY ARE/WERE ONLY PART OF THIS TEAM/PROGRAM TO USE IT TO THEIR SELFISH DESIRES.

Reactions: first time caller
All I gotta say is that if I was an NFL GM it would matter to me. I think it says something about the player's view of the ole TEAM-me dynamic. That's always been my opinion and I'm not changing because it's one of our guys sitting out. IDGAF what anybody says this is a huge game for this program. We have not been to one of the original major bowls in 20+ years. That means alot to this fanbase and it should mean alot to this team, especially it's ostensible leaders. I bet Hendon Hooker would be playing if he was healthy.

I liked your comment but disagree with your notion that NFL teams give one F about Team/me dynamic

VN Store

Back