Help it make sense!!

According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent.[1][2] The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein the individual tries to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort

#13FSU is ranked ahead of #14LSU
#15Oregon State ahead of #16Oregon
#16Oregon ahead of #17 UCLA
The higher ranked team all won the head to head. They all have the same record.

#6 Bama ahead of #7 UT
What changed for the Bama and UT ranking?
This is no coincidence!!!!
Mississippi State over Ole Miss, too.

It’s annoying but at the same time we screwed ourselves over before any committee did. Don’t put your fate in the hands of anyone else. This team has made tremendous strides they’ve learned to win but they still need to learn to shut out distractions and play championship football every week.

It appears that some of you are having trouble realizing just how ugly that SC loss was.

#6 Bama ahead of #7 UT
Because Bama is really Alabama, and they want to let Saban play in a higher bowl his last years.

It appears that some of you are having trouble realizing just how ugly that SC loss was.
As is noted in post #22 in this thread, margin of loss is not a stated criterion.
Neither is loss of a key player to injury.
The committee should just say…in the case of Tennessee vs Alabama, we went away from our stated criterion which would have placed Tennessee at number six because of the eye test of Tennessee’s blowout loss at SCarolina and the injury to their starting QB. That would at least be the honest answer.

You can't lose a game without moving backwards. If Alabama is ranked say 7th and Tennessee 5th Alabama wins while teams 5 and 6 lose Alabama would move passed those teams. That's what happened. You can't lose without moving backwards and if you win you move forward.

You can't lose a game without moving backwards. If Alabama is ranked say 7th and Tennessee 5th Alabama wins while teams 5 and 6 lose Alabama would move passed those teams. That's what happened. You can't lose without moving backwards and if you win you move forward.

If Michigan loses in the Big 10 Championship game do they drop below Ohio State in the rankings next Tuesday?

#6 Bama ahead of #7 UT

When Tennessee played SC they were ranked 5th and Bama 8th.

Tennessee lost by 4 scores and LSU also lost.

Naturally USC was moving to 5th and Bama to 6th……….should Tennessee have only dropped 1 spot from that SC loss?

NO……..a huge emphatic no. Everyone in the world should know Tennessee should have dropped more than 1 spot……..and they did.

the next week Tennessee best Vandy. Now should the committee say “OK Tennessee we punished you for that terrible loss for 1 week……now that punishment is over”……..and BAM your now ahead of Bama again.

Come on…………it is what it is.

The ONLY complaint could be Bama was maybe too high even before Tennessee lost to SC.

When Tennessee played SC they were ranked 5th and Bama 8th.

Tennessee lost by 4 scores and LSU also lost.

Naturally USC was moving to 5th and Bama to 6th……….should Tennessee have only dropped 1 spot from that SC loss?

NO……..a huge emphatic no. Everyone in the world should know Tennessee should have dropped more than 1 spot……..and they did.

the next week Tennessee best Vandy. Now should the committee say “OK Tennessee we punished you for that terrible loss for 1 week……now that punishment is over”……..and BAM your now ahead of Bama again.

Come on…………it is what it is.

The ONLY complaint could be Bama was maybe too high even before Tennessee lost to SC.
Bama best win is against a 4 lose Texas team, 4 lose Mississippi State team. UT beat the #6 ranked team abd #14 ranked teams in the country while Texas is #20 and State is #25. Not to mentioned we beat them on the field.

Bama best win is against a 4 lose Texas team, 4 lose Mississippi State team. UT beat the #6 ranked team abd #14 ranked teams in the country while Texas is #20 and State is #25. Not to mentioned we beat them on the field.

NONE of that matters with the point I was making. And I’m not arguing against Tennessee……I love Tennessee and I believe they are better than Bama.

When Tennessee lost by 25 points to 6-4 SC should Tennessee have dropped more than 1 spot?

Yes or no? I hate it but it’s that simple.

As I stated the “Only” argument could be Bama was ranked too high to begin with (too high at that time).

Because of that loss and “where” Bama was already ranked Tennessee had to drop behind them. They are NEVER going to drop a team for 1 week because of a loss then say……OK now you can have your spot back……punishment over.

You don't know that. Nobody does.
Yes they do. Milton is a terrible QB. I wish him nothing but success and I hope Huepel and Halzle can work magic with him, but there’s a reason he ended up at Tennessee when we were in the shape we were in during the summer of last year despite having one of the best arms college football has ever seen and being able to run like a deer at 6’5 240. He’s a slow decision maker, inaccurate thrower, and has a poor field and pocket presence. He wouldn’t have gone 4-4 on deep balls to Hyatt and most certainly wouldn’t have been able to make the 2 throws that Hooker made to set us up for the game winning field goal under that kind of pressure even if the game were close at that point. I’m as big of a fan of this team as anyone on here and likely a bigger one than most. However if the tables were turned and Bama had squeaked by us in Bryant Denny earlier this year on a last second field goal and Bryce Young tore his ACL in a 30 point loss 3 weeks later everyone on here would say we have a better team than them. We are a very average football team that had an elite passing game this year that was led by the best QB in college football. Without Hooker we lose to Pitt, Bama, and Florida. He’s been that big of an impact player for us

I make sense of it by ignoring them, and eagerly anticipating whatever bowl game the UT ends up with. So I can just enjoy the Vols last game of the season and be glad to have that blessing. Got no time for aggregating, or being aggregated by aggregators.

#6 Bama ahead of #7 UT
This is no coincidence!!!![/QUO. Bama has better losses than we do

I believe the talk of Ohio state going to orange now is all a Hussle ...It's just away for us to get off being above bama and get us to be mad about that ..Then orange will pick us and we will all be happy .. Meanwhile they put the lid back on the Vaseline and walk away like hero's...

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Yes they do. Milton is a terrible QB. I wish him nothing but success and I hope Huepel and Halzle can work magic with him, but there’s a reason he ended up at Tennessee when we were in the shape we were in during the summer of last year despite having one of the best arms college football has ever seen and being able to run like a deer at 6’5 240. He’s a slow decision maker, inaccurate thrower, and has a poor field and pocket presence. He wouldn’t have gone 4-4 on deep balls to Hyatt and most certainly wouldn’t have been able to make the 2 throws that Hooker made to set us up for the game winning field goal under that kind of pressure even if the game were close at that point. I’m as big of a fan of this team as anyone on here and likely a bigger one than most. However if the tables were turned and Bama had squeaked by us in Bryant Denny earlier this year on a last second field goal and Bryce Young tore his ACL in a 30 point loss 3 weeks later everyone on here would say we have a better team than them. We are a very average football team that had an elite passing game this year that was led by the best QB in college football. Without Hooker we lose to Pitt, Bama, and Florida. He’s been that big of an impact player for us
You nailed it!!

#6 Bama ahead of #7 UT
Bama has better losses than we do

Vols peaked prematurely
People just don’t get it. They see the 59 in last weeks score column and assume our offense hasn’t missed a beat. The offensive balance is non existent though. Milton threw for 170 yards (over 60) on 1 pass to open the game with a 50% completion percentage against Vandy. Also let’s be honest, forward progress should’ve been stopped on that Fant TD run of 4th down as well. I just hope and pray we get the Orange Bowl. Because I’m not sure our defense can stop UCF’s offense and I would hate for Heupel to lose to UCF after the job he’s done this season. Because people are going to see just how big of a drop off there is from Hooker to Milton in the bowl game. Everyone thinks it’s going to be a JT Barrett to Cardale Jones type of transition. Instead it’s going to be more like Marcus Mariota to Vernon Adams type of cliff

VN Store

Back