Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Maybe it speaks more to the tone of this board that if they don’t get the number one target, firing Barnes is on the table. A few days ago everyone assumed we were getting Collins and a lot of people were ambivalent, then he stays in St Louis and a lot of the same people are melting down and saying Barnes has no backup options/plan. Then we have a visit set up with Hunter out of nowhere. Almost like he’s working on stuff constantly that doesn’t make it onto this board.
Just stop. The shtick is old.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
I'm a fan of CRB and what he has done here, but I've never understood why people get offended when you criticize a coach. If we end up with Likekele after missing on Collins and Hunter, that's a disappointment, and I think it's okay to say so. Likekele is obviously not at the same level.

I'm a fan of CRB and what he has done here, but I've never understood why people get offended when you criticize a coach. If we end up with Likekele after missing on Collins and Hunter, that's a disappointment, and I think it's okay to say so. Likekele is obviously not at the same level.
Clearly you want to fahr Barnes.

I will gladly eat crow if Likekele ends up coming here and lighting it up. Still hoping for Hunter.
You should watch Likekele’s highlights. He’s like a JJJ that’s better at passing, but worse at D (still good at D). Really stuffs the stat sheet

Edit: would rather have a couple other players, but definitely think he would make our team better.

We've been discussing it. As far as I'm aware, only a couple of posters, mostly trolls, have actually entertained the idea of firing Barnes. We've discussed when he might retire, but given he's an old school coach, and old school coaches aren't fond of the current changes, that's a valid discussion. The only reason I added my addendum to begin with is because some overreact to any criticism.

Fair enough, I just think it’s worth waiting until this class is signed and delivered to deliver a verdict and too many on here have been happy to decide that he’s agains NIL’s and that the game has passed him by, etc. He knows what he’s doing, he’ll close with another impressive class IMO

Reactions: EJVOL4LIFE
Stop acting like everyone is calling for Barnes to be fired when they give any criticism at all.

Bud, when the original post has to clarify that his potential/mild criticism of the coach isn’t a call for him to be fired, the mood is pretty grim. Read the room.

Bud, when the original post has to clarify that his potential/mild criticism of the coach isn’t a call for him to be fired, the mood is pretty grim. Read the room.
Not really. It just means he has to deal with posters like you who always assume they want Barnes fired if you criticize at all.

People only do that bc there’s a lot of people on here that act like the slightest criticism of Barnes is equal to someone attacking him with a gun on the street.

Zeigler 2.0, but a big man version?

Showed out at opening weekend of EYBL and has offers now from St. John’s, Pittsburgh and Maryland in last 24 hours. Underrecruited 2022 guy who is playing AAU to gain some exposure, same AAU squad as Zeigler too.

I’ll allow it

Jay Tate (Auburn Rivals guy) supposedly saying Phillips is torn down the middle on auburn and Tennessee.
Anytime an AU writer isn't effusive with confidence, it's to be taken as a positive sign. They think they're getting everyone. I've said all along that it has to be viewed as a positive that (according to @Stoerner Fumbles) he has still been in constant communication with our staff, as recently as within the last 24 hours, IIRC. If he wasn't even considering us, he'd just stop answering the phone when 865 pops up.

Still, April 2022 has beaten me down to full-blown "believe it when I see it" status.

Anytime an AU writer isn't effusive with confidence, it's to be taken as a positive sign. They think they're getting everyone. I've said all along that it has to be viewed as a positive that (according to @Stoerner Fumbles) he has still been in constant communication with our staff, as recently as within the last 24 hours, IIRC. If he wasn't even considering us, he'd just stop answering the phone when 865 pops up.

Still, April 2022 has beaten me down to full-blown "believe it when I see it" status.

It is still the case that we are in this and he talks to us daily. Pearl is obviously a great closer, but the family likes our staff, and we met his number.

Zeigler 2.0, but a big man version?

Showed out at opening weekend of EYBL and has offers now from St. John’s, Pittsburgh and Maryland in last 24 hours. Underrecruited 2022 guy who is playing AAU to gain some exposure, same AAU squad as Zeigler too.

Tennessee has now offered

VN Store

Back