Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

This is something that always ends up making the school look bad when in reality it’s the player sometimes. Evans clearly had gotten into a habit of not going to class. It’s been reported on here and by good sources, but you know the national media will spin it as bad on the university.
I am curious how this gets spun to make the team or University look bad?

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I wish the very best for him. He ran hard and well in most all the games he played. I think he is a good guy. Being a full time student and a football player is not easy. I know for me, just being a full time student was not that easy. Keep in mind he might have a learning disability, you just never know for sure. He is young and I just hope he will be success in the future.
His main disability is not showing for class it sounds like.

Well now he has to find a school with an academic program he can relate to. I'll be interested to see where that turns out to be.

This is why you don't get attached to players and coaches anymore.

Bizzare timing for the announcement.

NFL isn't much for worrying about character or smarts but not even spelling his head coaches name correctly should be a red flag.

He did play against Alabama and Kentucky. He sat out 2 games earlier for COVID and the last 2 for injury.
Yea, I knew that. I was referencing the last two games and the upcoming Vandy game. It had already been announced he would not play at Vandy due to injury prior to learning he was entering the transfer portal.

I am curious how this gets spun to make the team or University look bad?
Because it’ll be on ESPN and those jackwads will have a field day with it. They’ll spin it to look like there’s turmoil in the program. People will just read the headline or the ticker and not bother to do any actual research.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
doesn't like going to class. Very likely not eligible for bowl game and would not have been for next year.

misses his kid and homesick.

He likes the staff and likes his team mates. Happy in the offense. Has been hurt. Just doesn't like the school part.

Academics could be an issue for him going elsewhere. Most likely ends up at a UT-Chattanooga type school if he plays at all in the future.

In 50 years of following the Vols and college football have seen things like this hundreds of times. Some kids just don't have the desire to commit to what it takes to be a big time or even a small time, college football player. No reason to think Evans will change.

Great observation. I too have observed this. These kids we speak of are like many, a college education and even a minimum of studying just does not appear important to them. For them, sports are all that they think about. To bad their athletic ability does not always measure up to success.

I do not think that W's (for withdrawn) look any better on a transcript than F's.
They actually do look better regarding eligibility, but I believe it is way too late to drop out and receive a W. That normally has to be done by around half way through the semester I think.

Reactions: irish1485
What is the justification? He is the clear cut starter when not injured. Is he really not injured and has just been holding out? Not accusing him of that at all, but what would be the rational behind not getting playing time because you're out due to injury vs leaving because you're unhappy with something?

He clearly has the green light and advantage going into next season for the starting job to be his, in a prolific offense that show cases his abilities.....

This literally makes no sense......

[edit: this was written in response to the surmise that Tiyon was not attending classes]

I think with a little reflection we can all identify something we could have done, achieved, or experienced in life, but didn't because attempting it required us to do something that we feared, feared we would fail at, disliked doing, or that demanded more than we were willing to risk or invest.

But our failures likely happened outside the public eye, possibly without anyone ever knowing what opportunity or capability we failed to pursue.
------
Here's a Self-Help book idea, free for anyone to pitch to a publisher: Live your life as if there was a VolNation thread devoted to it.

Working title: "C'mon Kid--Don't Do Like We Did"

I've said before... If it ain't going his way he"s pouting. We don" t need his kind!

I’m not gonna give the guy any flack. It sucks as a fan to find out our #1 back is leaving but he’s the one that’s gonna have to live with his decisions. He chose not to go to class and now he’s been forced to choose to leave.
instead of going to class and taking care of business, he will now have to find another, lower class school, hope they will accept him, and have to ball out on an unprecedented level to even have a shot at the nfl. Hopefully he uses this to learn that sometimes the hard path today will turn out to be the easier path over time.

Is he transferring to the NFL?
Wasn't the speculation last week he was going pro.
Lordy this transfer portal is crazy. Need a program for each game, not for the starters but who's on the team.

VN Store

Back