Lets face reality now while we're sober

I don't drink.

We're better than Miami. A LOT better when our QB gets straightened out. Clemson didn't have the vertical speed to threaten UGA.

Pitt is a solid team. But our passing game will come to life next week. 42-17 VOLS.
TN is not better than Miami this year. We do not have a WR that would start at Clemson. GA defense might be the best they’ve ever had. TN is going to struggle against Pitt. It greatly pains me to say all of those statements but it’s the truth.

What we know: New Regime (again) in Game 1. Won Game 1. We all would like to have seen better play.

Why in cornbread hell are so many folks making lunch plans with the Grim Reaper? If these guys drill down on the issues and tighten things up, the team will get better. I'd rather see the team in get hard mode rather having a big head over a blow out win against BG.

Last edited:
Pitt was a couple of tds away from going 9-3 last year and people are saying we are going to blow them out? I truly hope you're right but will be shocked if that happens. We have about 2 or 3 players on the team that would start for an elite team and that's probably being generous.

Have you been lost at sea?

I mean if you didn’t already know this……I mean before Thursday, and before seeing them play.

They……really good……championship caliber.

We……coming off worst season of our lives…..losing a squad of players………this team is just trying to be decent, grow and gain on some teams.

Im still hopeful!

Umass is terrible. They only scored one touchdown last year so the 52-7 blowout is meaningless.
That's true and they were still able to defend Pitt for a significant portion of the game. Their D isn't great. They got no help from the O at all. It was a two score game until the very end of the 2nd qtr.

What I did take away from that game is that UT has a good chance of dominating both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Vanderbilt is worse than Bowling Green. That's the good news. Missouri did not look good, Pittsburg looked pretty good, Florida QB situation might be worse than ours, Kentucky looked pretty darn good, Georgia and Bama were going to destroy us either way. Didn't learn much from USCe, as that's not their normal starting QB and it was an FCS team.

South Alabama plays BGSU next week so we will see how the fair against a common opponent. Obviously we should beat them, but that will tell us how good they really are. All in all, the most likely scenario is we finish 6-6, maybe 7-5. I feel better about Mizzou and worse about Pitt. Toss ups, and it would be really nice to get both.

Georgia and Alabama are going to be absolute beat downs.

Good news is so will Vanderbilt. Also the Missouri game looks a little better.

How much stock should we put into Pittsburghs performance? I honestly don't know much about them other than they looked better offensively that the Big Orange.
Man I’m worried about Pitt not going to lie. Defense looked salty. QB can make something out of nothing. They have a chance

You guys are losers. Have you forgotten the 2019 Bama game? What about the 2015 Bama game? We had a chance to win both games and on paper we had no business being in those games. And we have given Georgia hell many times when they should have killed us on paper. If our offense starts clicking and we stay healthy anything could happen. That's why they play the games.
Our roster was much better both of those years. If you want to believe we have anything more than a wing and a prayer shot at either go right ahead but don't hurl insults at people for being rational.

Reactions: saxvol and CJBlaze
Have you been lost at sea?

I mean if you didn’t already know this……I mean before Thursday, and before seeing them play.

They……really good……championship caliber.

We……coming off worst season of our lives…..losing a squad of players………this team is just trying to be decent, grow and gain on some teams.

Im still hopeful!
I agree 100%. We should be happy to just make a bowl game this year (if we don't get a ban before then)

Reactions: JoAllan
Wasn't the Ga vs CU game basically a 3-3 game with a Ga pick 6 for the win? Hard to say Ga is going to be so good when we don't really know anything about either team.
Yeah, Tony Elliott looked like he never seen a blitz before. Disappointing play calling

Bama and UGA will be 40 point losses minimum.

We should beat Vandy by at least 5 scores.

Pitt will beat us by at least a couple tds next week.

We will most likely lose to UGA but that offense ain't putting 40 up on us or most teams they play lol

We will most likely lose to UGA but that offense ain't putting 40 up on us or most teams they play lol

This cracks me up. Some of you are acting like UGA played some lower ranked scrub team. They played the #3 team in the nation. You think we have a better defense than Clemson? Get real. UGAs offense will likely end up as one of the best in the SEC.

Reactions: Raebo
From what I saw today Nicks Team is in a class by themselves

Right now, Bama is basically equal to a lower to mid-tier Canadian pro team. We can still win if they get overconfident and gross underestimate us.

This cracks me up. Some of you are acting like UGA played some lower ranked scrub team. They played the #3 team in the nation. You think we have a better defense than Clemson? Get real. UGAs offense will likely end up as one of the best in the SEC.
Clemson D is legit

All I know is I hope Heupel is coaching these guys to have a winner’s mentality. To play with a huge chip on their shoulders. To play like they belong. To play with an edge. To play like the Bruins did against LSU. Tulane vs Oklahoma. Because if this staff is coaching them like “REALISTS” then this team and program is dead.

This is the difference between coaching the team to fight with guts/determination to compete for 60 full minutes vs giving up after the 1st quarter.

Last edited:
Best way to get through this season, and probably the one after that, is by avoiding sobriety.

Reactions: CJBlaze
The reason you have to keep coming on here and calming down angry Vol fans after a beat down is because they drank the kool-aid.

Then you get mad at us when we decide to be "realists" and acknowledge that it's going to happen.

Your fandom will be less chaotic if you just stick with one of those.
“realists” my a$$. The real fact is anything can happen on any given day.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfullVol
Georgia and Alabama are going to be absolute beat downs.

Good news is so will Vanderbilt. Also the Missouri game looks a little better.

How much stock should we put into Pittsburghs performance? I honestly don't know much about them other than they looked better offensively that the Big Orange.
was any fan who is grounded in reality expecting anything other than a beat down?

we have a good chance of improving over previous years. we should focus on that improvement and accept we are still years behind uga and bama.

I never considered the Alabama or Georgia games to be realistically winnable and nothing I saw yesterday changed that opinion. But our future this year is more about how much we can improve and not about the other teams. If we don’t improve at all I think we win 3 more games with relative ease and have an outside shot in 3 others.
I want to see us improve as the season goes forward and not melted down like we did last year. The record will be what it is - hopefully above 500.

What I saw this weekend was that every team we play except for Vandy had better QB play— even UK and USC… right now, I’m projecting 4-8, unless things change with our QB situation.

VN Store

Back