Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fan, I’m concerned what rival programs are doing. Especially considering we’re on the verge of vanishing to the point of no return like Nebraska
I'm pretty sure Nebraska has the better record than us over the same time period, so if they've vanished beyond the point of return, so have we.

Reactions: Bret178
The mistake you're making is assuming they're fans.

Good point!

Fans generally enjoy their team. These folks appear to derive little enjoyment out of following Tennessee. So, they fail a basic threshold of fandom. If this all ceases being fun and entertaining, then you really need to back away.

[VIDEO=]q[/VIDEO]
Our terrible 2016 defense helped that average out tremendously.

2017 was helped out by two lame duck teams in UF and us (and really a third because Arky fired bielema as he walked off the field after the Mizzou game)
you leave out the fact that Missouri probably had the least amount of talent in the conference outside of Vanderbilt.

I can. I’m interested in winning championships. Not running up points against bad teams and then bragging out how “good” an offense is
Step one is field a well coached and developed team. Losing to bad teams because you can’t score needs to be skipped before you can even compete against the better squads. Heupel runs a better offense than anything we’ve witnessed since DeBord was running a decent scheme. Pretending the guy’s offenses haven’t scored against anything but bad teams is a particularly desperate troll narrative for a supposed fan.

Step one is field a well coached and developed team. Losing to bad teams because you can’t score needs to be skipped before you can even compete against the better squads. Heupel runs a better offense than anything we’ve witnessed since DeBord was running a decent scheme. Pretending the guy’s offenses haven’t scored against anything but bad teams is a particularly desperate troll narrative for a supposed fan.
We lost to Kentucky, with better talent. That should never happen.

I can. I’m interested in winning championships. Not running up points against bad teams and then bragging out how “good” an offense is
There is no proof either way if this guy can win a championship or not..... Missouri definitely didn’t have the talent to do it..... Tennessee doesn’t have the talent to do it although I feel we will be better than most..... he is elite on offense(one of the best in the country).... he has to allow the defensive coaches to make us competitive on that side.....he has to recruit and develop solid football players with a few stars...... he can’t miss on guys continually like previous coaches have and we will build to be a championship level team.... you are trying to skip too many steps.

tenor.gif

Low risk, high reward for people that push this narrative. If they are right, they can crow about it later. If they are wrong, they just keep quiet about it.
Okay, but that's not any different than the sunshine narrative, either. I could find posts of everyone in here talking about how awesome Pruitt is (myself included), but no one wants to bring that stuff up. Only difference is people are much more likely to throw receipts in your face when you are negative and wrong than positive and wrong.

Not to mention.... Heupel is constantly changing..... he has added wrinkles to his offense and sped it up faster.

Okay, but that's not any different than the sunshine narrative, either. I could find posts of everyone in here talking about how awesome Pruitt is (myself included), but no one wants to bring that stuff up. Only difference is people are much more likely to throw receipts in your face when you are negative and wrong than positive and wrong.
Plenty of sunshine pumpers here, no doubt. I am one of them. But, they get laughed at constantly by the "realists." At the end of the day, this is a fan site. Not saying we should not welcome all opinions. Just saying that fans tend to be more optimistic about their own prospects.

I was one of those that desperately wanted Pruitt since he gave an interview as Georgia’s D/C......I thought he was the next big thing..... I hold my head in shame and repent daily.

Some have argued Hype only ran it up vs small schools at Mizzou and didn't really produce in the league. Granted, every team does this to some degree. But I'd argue look at the vast improvement he brought in terms of scoring vs SEC teams.

2015: 9.1 PPG (The #1 lowest scoring ouput of the decade in the SEC)

2016: 22.6 ppg (+13.5) - still better than any of our offenses since 2016

2017: 34.6 ppg (+12.0)

So by only his 2nd year he had already improved them by 25.5 ppg in league play. Incredible.

The point being, CJH's offense can work in the SEC. If our defense has a pulse and can generate a handful of stops per game then we will have a shot to win some games this year.

Not to mention when you look at Heup's record at UCF, he only scored in the 20's twice. Those were his lowest point outputs. He put up points against everyone he played against. he scored 24 against Cincy in 2019, and 23 against BYU in 2020 when they had multiple opt outs and starters missing. Other than that, they scored on every single team they played, including 32 on that very good LSU team in 2019, a team with much higher talent than he had at UCF.

Even in this past year, the covid year, he scored 33 against Cincy and lost by a field goal. GA, with all their talent, scored 24 against them. But yes, let's push the narrative that Heup's offense doesn't work against good teams. That's what it is: a narrative.

Plenty of sunshine pumpers here, no doubt. I am one of them. But, they get laughed at constantly by the "realists." At the end of the day, this is a fan site. Not saying we should not welcome all opinions. Just saying that fans tend to be more optimistic about their own prospects.
Exactly. That's why SCfan is in here crapping on Heupel and his offense (that finished top 5 the last 3 years) while at the same time saying that Beamer could be a home run hire lolol. Fans will definitely be more optimistic about their own prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back