Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some have argued Hype only ran it up vs small schools at Mizzou and didn't really produce in the league. Granted, every team does this to some degree. But I'd argue look at the vast improvement he brought in terms of scoring vs SEC teams.

2015: 9.1 PPG (The #1 lowest scoring ouput of the decade in the SEC)

2016: 22.6 ppg (+13.5) - still better than any of our offenses since 2016

2017: 34.6 ppg (+12.0)

So by only his 2nd year he had already improved them by 25.5 ppg in league play. Incredible.

Some have argued Hype only ran it up vs small schools at Mizzou and didn't really produce in the league. Granted, every team does this to some degree. But I'd argue look at the vast improvement he brought in terms of scoring vs SEC teams.

So by only his 2nd year he had already improved them by 25.5 ppg in league play. Incredible.
Nine... They were scoring 9 points a game on SEC teams in 2015? Damn.

SIAP, from Rivals.

Arik Gilbert

The LSU tight end is back in the Rumor Mill. Some expected him to be back at LSU this week as players arrived for summer workouts, but apparently he is not. Now I hear Georgia and Tennessee rumors again and don’t know what to think. Word is some in his family are OK with him back at LSU and some aren’t, but let’s be clear — this is a college decision and not his.

Who will take a chance on him without grades and with other off-field issues rumored? Georgia is home. The Vols have Harrison Bailey. LSU is where he has ex-teammate BJ Ojulari and comfort, but this is still up in the air. And no, Gators fans, your team isn’t in this anymore.

Come on, now. That destroys the narrative of a lot of our posters. You should be more sensitive to their needs.

Our terrible 2016 defense helped that average out tremendously.

2017 was helped out by two lame duck teams in UF and us (and really a third because Arky fired bielema as he walked off the field after the Mizzou game)

2017 was helped out by two lame duck teams in UF and us (and really a third because Arky fired bielema as he walked off the field after the Mizzou game)
These two factors are much less mitigating than you think. There are cases like this every single year. Everything is cyclic. The common denominator is Coach Heup. They got A LOT better.

I want Heupel to run his offense and score. Team with most points wins. We are adding defensive players to add depth. Let’s get an attacking defense and get turnovers. I do not want Pruitt’s protect the defense offense that still can’t stop anyone. Fast and Furious on offense. Put pressure on other teams to score. I am tired of Tennessee playing passive.
Dang right. I hardly care what we win or lose this year. I want to see us playing with our hair on fire and I’ll take whatever it brings

Imagine still trying to push the negative narrative. But yeah... you're just being a realist, bro! I hear that rooster crowing in the background

It's been said multiple times, but it needs to be said again. Everyone points to Drew Locke as the reason for offensive success and why we won't have the same offensive success. The year before Heup, his freshman season, Locke threw for 1300 yards with a 49% completion percentage, with 4 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Yeah, let me tell you, he was elite!

HB only played in 5 games last year and threw 4 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, with a 70% completion percentage. His freshman numbers were better than Locke's. We don't know what we have in the QB room, but ole Drew owes his development to Heup. Heup doesn't owe his success on offense to Locke.

Imagine still trying to push the negative narrative. But yeah... you're just being a realist, bro! I hear that rooster crowing in the background
Just don’t want to get excited again by pushing a desperately, positive narrative. Hope Heup proves me wrong but I, along with many others, hated this hire. Sticking with my gut on this one

Reactions: 74volz
Just don’t want to get excited again by pushing a desperately, positive narrative. Hope Heup proves me wrong but I, along with many others, hated this hire. Sticking with my gut on this one
stats are desperately positive narratives? Interesting. Facts are narratives but your gut is not. Sure thing.

SIAP, from Rivals.

Arik Gilbert

The LSU tight end is back in the Rumor Mill. Some expected him to be back at LSU this week as players arrived for summer workouts, but apparently he is not. Now I hear Georgia and Tennessee rumors again and don’t know what to think. Word is some in his family are OK with him back at LSU and some aren’t, but let’s be clear — this is a college decision and not his.

Who will take a chance on him without grades and with other off-field issues rumored? Georgia is home. The Vols have Harrison Bailey. LSU is where he has ex-teammate BJ Ojulari and comfort, but this is still up in the air. And no, Gators fans, your team isn’t in this anymore.
what a bust. all that talent but nothing in between the ears.

You get that every team, every single year, gets some down opponents, right? That isn't an anomaly or something. That's sports. Might as well give every team an asterisk every season.

stats are desperately positive narratives? Interesting. Facts are narratives but your gut is not. Sure thing.
JP had lots of similar stats. Lots of fluff but when he played good offenses his defense was poop. Heup’s offense doesn’t have a great track record against good defenses.

Also, UCF fans, people that spent three years watching him, were glad to see him go. Not good!

JP had lots of similar stats. Lots of fluff but when he played good offenses his defense was poop. Heup’s offense doesn’t have a great track record against good defenses.

Also, UCF fans, people that spent three years watching him, were glad to see him go. Not good!
You're so desperate. Keep it up.

I once stated sarcastically to you, "Beamer's a home run hire though!"

Your response, and I quote, "Honestly he might. He’s surrounded himself with good coaches and he’s gonna operate like a CEO. Plus he learned from a legend"

But yeah, you're just being a realist, just going with your gut! You're a joke

You get that every team, every single year, gets some down opponents, right? That isn't an anomaly or something. That's sports. Might as well give every team an asterisk every season.
Don't mind him. He's wearing his SC Clowney jersey while he's typing his responses.

You're so desperate. Keep it up.

I once stated sarcastically to you, "Beamer's a home run hire though!"

Your response, and I quote, "Honestly he might. He’s surrounded himself with good coaches and he’s gonna operate like a CEO. Plus he learned from a legend"

But yeah, you're just being a realist, just going with your gut! You're a joke
Dude is a total weenie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back