Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I was just talking with my brother about this this weekend. Said he's stopped watching Tennessee football the last few years because it was legit putting him in a depressive funk. Said he's been much happier the last few falls.

I think I’m there for next Fall. It just isn’t fun anymore and I’m sick of inexplicable losses to UF, inexcusable losses KY and GSU and Bama dominance.

I might turn it on and follow if I have time but I’m not planning Saturdays around it anymore.

Dang we are really going to miss on James, Nolen and most likely Ty. I mean after the past 6 months I’m not shocked but I had high hopes for this 22’ class. Sucks... the rich will get richer.

Regarding the QBs I’d like to know if JH has any history of playing two QBs. I could see the transfer or BM having a package much like Mullen used their backup

My only problem with this line of thinking is that Clemson did not aim to be in the 11-17 range. They wanted to be higher and just weren't - subsequent classes show their true aim.

And we can't bet on Heupel's staff having the development and evaluation skills that Dabo and Co. have.

Excuse me, what?

Clemson 247 composite ratings
Pre-Dabo
2006 - 14th
2007 - 16th
2008 - 9th

Dabo-Era
2009 - 36th
2010 - 27th

2011 - 10th
2012 - 20th
2013 - 15th
2014 - 16th
2015 - 9th
2016 - 11th
2017 - 16th
2018 - 7th
2019 - 10th
2020 - 3rd
2021 - 5th

Dabo actually had to learn how to recruit is what the actual ratings indicate. He inherited 3 straight top 20 classes, the last one was a top 10 class and as a new unestablished HC he lost ground finishing 20th or worse in 3 of his first 4 years. Then he did exactly what @volbeast33 is saying 11-17th and the seasons when you land a few top level 5 stars your class ratings go up.

Think a lot of that is nerves and getting used to trusting your receivers and not just overthrowing every time.

I'll never forget how Dobbs went from a completely useless deep ball thrower his fr...so...jr years then suddenly was a stud his sr year and led the league in QBR...and that was with guys like Chico coaching him. Now imagine better natural passers with these dudes 😲
Canales never coached Dobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back