Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
qb coach looked scared to death up there. I like what he said though
I wish these reporters would stop asking the question “well why did you come to Tennessee” lol.

The coaches can’t be honest and be like “well they paid me a lot of money” they have to give the stupid answer of “Tennessee is a brand, blah blah blah”

How about ask them some real questions Media members.... jeez

I wish these reporters would stop asking the question “well why did you come to Tennessee” lol.

The coaches can’t be honest and be like “well they paid me a lot of money” they have to give the stupid answer of “Tennessee is a brand, blah blah blah”

How about ask them some real questions Media members.... jeez
Reporters have to give them the lay ups if they want any info...don’t want to get on one of their bad side early in the game

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Reporters have to give them the lay ups if they want any info...don’t want to get on one of their bad side early in the game
If they want to give them the layups why do they keep asking them about “the other staff” “why they came here” and not ask the questions like “what will the scheme be” “what kind of coach are you” etc.

Seriously just stop trying to compare the old staff with this one and stop asking them questions like that.

Reactions: Orange Studs
It wasn't Bailey's arm strength but rather his deep ball accuracy that was a problem IMO. I'm not sure much coaching will be able to fix that.
Think a lot of that is nerves and getting used to trusting your receivers and not just overthrowing every time.

I'll never forget how Dobbs went from a completely useless deep ball thrower his fr...so...jr years then suddenly was a stud his sr year and led the league in QBR...and that was with guys like Chico coaching him. Now imagine better natural passers with these dudes 😲

It wasn't Bailey's arm strength but rather his deep ball accuracy that was a problem IMO. I'm not sure much coaching will be able to fix that.

I believe this stemmed from him not getting to throw to the #1 guys until what like game 6?

He was overthrowing them because he hadn’t thrown to them. I think all that gets fixed this year with this staff. All his other passes were accurate and the long ball all throughout High School was never an issue for him.

This year is going to be his best in the first 3
year 1 8-4 maybe 7-5
Year 2 7-5
Year 3 6-6

and if he does that we should all be happy

I think a good first year can change a narrative. Now that so many players are transferring each year if you change the narrative transfers can step in at key spots and really help you maintain. Key is a good first year and see what happens

I mean 3 years from now is a lifetime. Who knows what those teams will be. Saban could be retired. Kirby up on sanctions. Mullen, well just pick how wierd that could be. Okie coach in NFL. Who knows

Even I cannot come up with that

iu

Think a lot of that is nerves and getting used to trusting your receivers and not just overthrowing every time.

I'll never forget how Dobbs went from a completely useless deep ball thrower his fr...so...jr years then suddenly was a stud his sr year and led the league in QBR...and that was with guys like Chico coaching him. Now imagine better natural passers with these dudes 😲
Dobbs had Nick Sheridan working with him as GA. Current Indiana OC. Pretty good coach

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Burton
I appreciate your continual positivity. Its rare on this board over the past year. I do not understand how so many could be so miserable and down trodden.
Sadly I was just talking with my brother about this this weekend. Said he's stopped watching Tennessee football the last few years because it was legit putting him in a depressive funk. Said he's been much happier the last few falls.

It was about 3 walk-ons who received scholarships. He insisted that they would only have them for a semester. We bet $100 that WHILE THEY WERE AT UT they would be on scholarship (me) or would have them yanked (Bruin). Jarious Abercrombie wasn’t involved in the bet but Bruin “lol”’d and claimed victory when he transferred. When Isaiah Montgomery transferred at the start of the season, he pulled the same crap. Montgomery still was on scholarship when he transferred but Bruin couldn’t process the terms of the bet...even when I posted HIS OWN QUOTES. Bet was off and I put him on ignore. Oxygen is cleaner and pure without him filtering it with his butt.

Yep there were yanked

You lost and welched

The worst show of real character

Reactions: Takegame33
My only problem with this line of thinking is that Clemson did not aim to be in the 11-17 range. They wanted to be higher and just weren't - subsequent classes show their true aim.

And we can't bet on Heupel's staff having the development and evaluation skills that Dabo and Co. have.

I would never hire you to work for me. All I hear is can’t can’t can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back