So Fulmer will be paid through 2023

This is the most stunning thing of all. Our program right now is unquestionably the lowest it’s been in our lifetimes. Unquestionably. And fulmer way responsible for it. He back doored his way in the ad office amd choose Pruitt. He also choose to extend him when it was totally unnecessary. Watching Randy Boyd fawn over fulmer and praise him was so weird. I guess Boyd was thinking of it as a pr move knowing fulmer has a segment of the fan base that still supports him? That’s the only reason I could think of. But man this program is in the gutter. And it’s all a result of fulmer weeseling his way back in the building.

And Fulmer gave himself a raise as well.

Reactions: chattavol420
Fulmer can be fired for cause if either he participated, knew of, or should have known the rules violations. The "should have known" is more subjective and is based on standard of the "diligence of a prudent athletic director."

Here is the double edged sword: If we fire him for cause, we are essentially admiting to the NCAA a lack of institutional control. That is not where we want to be with this investigation. If we can pin these infractions on a rogue staff and that we've terminated those responsible, our penalties will be far less severe than if they do that plus punish us for lack of control. We want Fulmer "on our side" when this gets further down the NCAA path and we don't want him bitter for litigating a buyout in court.

I know it stinks paying this buyout but I see the logic behind the settlement.
Yeah, but the administration was swearing he decided to retire.

This is why we are here. Ut is run like a backwoods county commission. Deal after deal after deal. Sick!

Fulmer can be fired for cause if either he participated, knew of, or should have known the rules violations. The "should have known" is more subjective and is based on standard of the "diligence of a prudent athletic director."

Here is the double edged sword: If we fire him for cause, we are essentially admiting to the NCAA a lack of institutional control. That is not where we want to be with this investigation. If we can pin these infractions on a rogue staff and that we've terminated those responsible, our penalties will be far less severe than if they do that plus punish us for lack of control. We want Fulmer "on our side" when this gets further down the NCAA path and we don't want him bitter for litigating a buyout in court.

I know it stinks paying this buyout but I see the logic behind the settlement.
This makes good sense. One would hope, morally, that Phil becomes a VERY substantial donor to UT through 2023.

Otherwise, it's gonna be hot sitting in a pew when the Pastor is talking about doing the right thing and even hotter.... uh.....

It just came out that Fulmer is getting his buyout, of 50% of his salary through 2023. That begs the question, why on earth would an AD have a buyout. It's not like someone was going to try and steal away Fulmer? I thought he resigned? Since when do you get a buyout when you quit your job?

I was actually giving Fulmer credit for resigning and not costing UT any more buyout money, and then I read this on TOS!
Didn’t you hear Fulmer’s press conference? He’s doing us a huge favor, according to him, anyway. He actually said, and I’m paraphrasing obviously, that he’s 70 years old and the next coach we hire will be here for 10 years but he (Fulmer) can’t guarantee that he’ll be here for 10 years so it’s unfair to said incoming coach because I guess the job is far less valuable to the new coach without Fulmer, aka, the genius coach pulling strings in the background.

Anyhow, that’s how it came off. This guy must think we’re complete idiots.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Fulmer should have been fired in 2002 and any credit he gets for the 98 title actually belongs to Coach Cutt and his stint here as AD + his miserable run thru 2008 dwarf his championship.

If you retire you don't get paid for another 2 years, he must have been told he could step down or be fired is the only answer.

As for me he is at the Dooley stage now as he has done just as much or more damage than that clown did.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine. Fire away if you like.

Reactions: 0059862

VN Store

Back