Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

So tell us LG, what’s the realistic goal with this? What needs to be achieved before going back to normal?

1) Vaccine

or

2) Honest, science-based local decision making. I do not pretend to have the right, ability, or even interest in telling the people of Minot, North Dakota when it makes sense in their community to open, how to do it, or in what manner.

However, as a decent human being who wants to see people get through this I think its perfectly fine for me to complain and point it out when numbskulls want to move too fast out of either some begrudging suspicion that it is exaggerated, or the turning of an intentionally blind eye to the consequences not just of infection Number 1, but the subsequent infections that causes.

The 300 people I happen to know, out of literally 1 million times that number in this country, don't have it.

Therefore, its not as big a deal as people make it out to be.

tenor.gif

Nope. Been quite a few confirmed cases among the 300+ I work with. Probably multiple times more not confirmed.

What's your next excuse?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Nope. Been quite a few confirmed cases among the 300+ I work with. Probably multiple times more not confirmed.

What's your next excuse?

I thought you were referring to infections. Do you mean bad outcomes?

Are you in the camp that believes that the number of dead is not as high as reported?

1) Vaccine

or

2) Honest, science-based local decision making. I do not pretend to have the right, ability, or even interest in telling the people of Minot, North Dakota when it makes sense in their community to open, how to do it, or in what manner.

However, as a decent human being who wants to see people get through this I think its perfectly fine for me to complain and point it out when numbskulls want to move too fast out of either some begrudging suspicion that it is exaggerated, or the turning of an intentionally blind eye to the consequences not just of infection Number 1, but the subsequent infections that causes.

A vaccine is not the end all answer. Your savior Fauci even said that. We do not have the capacity to defeat this virus. Nobody does. The fact is data tells us it’s not anywhere near the deadly super killer some want to believe. It’s not something that should be driving utter fear into people. But that’s what’s happening.

You can stammer on all you want and not believe it but getting immunities to this is the only long term solution that has any real chance at real success. We cannot sustain an existence of wearing masks, staying away from one another and causing economic and financial ruin. It’s irrational and illogical. The simple fact is total positive cases are pretty irrelevant at this point. The testing procedures are showing the true reason why they are irrelevant. The death rate isn’t sky rocketing. More and more people are recovering.

Are you in the camp that believes that the number of dead is not as high as reported?

The true number of dead can never be known. In the US and other countries deaths have had to retracted and taken off official counts.

Been among several confirmed infections among my company. Probably multiple times more not confirmed. No one has died.

I am in the camp that people should move forward with their life if that is the choice that is the one they want.

Many people moved on from this months ago. Other than goofing off on here too much, I have.

The only places I have seen 100% masks worn was in the Grocery store, Country Club Grille(inside till sitting down), and Bank. At least in my travels.

I have no problem with people posting positive spin on the numbers. My worry, however, is that those with shall we say "less mental processing power" stop there and read it as a license to go back to normal. That false "all clear" signal is in large part what causes the resurgence 3 weeks from now.

Curious how flu season will affect this pandemic. A double whammy, so to speak, seems logical that deaths will spike. I hope not, but I've seen nothing to indicate a person can't have both the flu and CV19.

Curious how flu season will affect this pandemic. A double whammy, so to speak, seems logical that deaths will spike. I hope not, but I've seen nothing to indicate a person can't have both the flu and CV19.

Getting your grim reaper cheerleader outfit ready?

Reactions: VolnJC
More good news on the vaccine front. Apparently the Oxford University version has very encouraging early results on safety and efficacy. More to be done, but another step in the right direction.

Reactions: VolnJC

I wonder if testing for the flu will be anywhere near the amount as COVID?

VN Store

Back