Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero penetration.standing around at the top of the key looking to pass,nobody trying to score is the issue.barnes still trying to run the same stagnant offense.
We literally run the opposite of stagnant offense. I bet very few if anybody runs an offense with more player movement in the halfcourt offense than we do. Players need to be more aggressive attacking the basket. Which Barnes has said in interviews. But that is not a product of a stagnant offense.

From JAV who is definitely an insider who posts on 247:

“Felton is a high energy guy, was a really good HS coach in GA. He recruited very well at UTC for that level and his players really responded. I watched alot of their practices under Tom Arth and Felton stood out with his energy and passion. He's one of those guys that will fit into any high energy culture and he loves to recruit. Is he an upgrade? As a recruiter, probably. As a coach? No way but he knows how to coach LBer's in our system and what Pruitt wants out of that group.

As for Brumbaugh, when a guy gets hired by Mark Stoops, Mel Tucker and Jeremy Pruitt, you know he's good. All 3 of those guys are elite defensive minds. I met him at East Mississippi Community College in Scooba, MS. He is a very good teacher of technique and doesn't mind getting right with his group when it is warranted. He has a ton of contacts all over the south and knows how the Junior College game is played, especially in MS where they are loaded with NFL talent every year. He will recruit his area well and be better than average as a position coach.

Nieds to backers is really a natural position for him and he will get to spend alot of time with Pruitt and DA, which has been Pruitt's plan for awhile.

Osovet will shine IMO and TE's will have boosted production under him. There will be a marked difference in how we use the TE next year. There is talent there and I expect it to bloom. Joe O could coach just about any position on offense IMO.

Chip Long is a guy you add because he's got a cheap price tag and alot to offer, especially from knowing an RPO offensive philosophy. Pretty much a no brainer.

Weinke is still very much up in the air as far as I know, Rumph gets to be home now by 6 every night and Rocker was moving on one way or the other.

Pruitt is hard to work for because he works long hours and is recruiting all day every day. He expects the same from his staff. That pretty much describes 95% of every college football program. There is ridiculous turnover because young guys are trying to move up and old guys are looking for the best situation for best return in ratio to years left.

Continuity is a thing of the past because college football means life changing money for everyone involved at the coaching level. Everyone is looking to move into a better position. It is also easier to move between the college game and the NFL now as they are all running the same stuff and terminology is very similar. There is no spread vs pro style anymore. All of it is the same to some degree. In the past there were distinct differences, especially offensively. Those differences are very small nuances now.

The best take away from this is that Pruitt had his list of replacements and got exactly who he wanted long before all of this came down. He's grown a lot as a CEO and he learns quickly. He was far from ready in his FSU, UGA days and really raw even when we hired him. He is night and day from then to now. He wants to be great, not just good, and he's surrounded himself with people who are alot like him in work ethic and desire to be great at what they do. I'll be shocked if we see anything resembling what we saw to begin the season last year. We aren't "back" but we are off to a really good start.”

Shame about Rocker and Rumph. I've been touting them for a while as the two positional coaches who coached up their players better than anyone else on staff. Rocker made Matthew Butler a steady force/borderline star on the DL. Hopefully JP will have more input in those positions over the next 6-7 months, for continuity's sake at the very least. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, recruiting matters but I'll take a few coaches who excel at coaching up players more than recruiting--so long as we still have a few all stars helping supplement their weaknesses off the field (which we do).

This season is where the rubber meets the road for JP, I feel. I think we compete at a high level this year. I'm not sure we're quite to the level where we compete for the East but we definitely have a puncher's chance. This is a talented team that has FINALLY had the benefit of a few years of a LEGIT SEC training program and elite level coaching.

And Fulmer and JP saying that we as a fan base should raise our expectations should speak VOLumes. They know what's coming.

2020: Dark horse SEC East contender
2021: SEC Contender
2022: Top 5 national program

The future is bright, ladies and gentlemen.

I don't expect we move him back from WR with all the experience/talent in the secondary already.

We need a leader in the WR room and hopefully he can grab those reins from JJ and take our young WR to the next level.

With the money Mel Tucker is being paid at MSU it seems to me Phil needs to be bumping CJP’s salary. I will take where we are after 2 seasons and a top 10 recruiting class over what MSU got for their money. We don’t need to have our coaches poached over money. Bump the assistant pool as well. On another point, don’t blame Tucker for leaving, but he should have stayed off the 3 different radio shows he went on yesterday telling them he was staying at CU. All the while, him knowing his agent and MSU were ironing out the details of his contract. He should have just laid low yesterday, worked out the contract and taken the MSU job. You know it will be used to negative recruit against him that his word is worthless. JMO on both subjects.

I believe we're gonna see more and more of the college coaches with larger, or at least equal salaries than NFL.
And I'm ok with that.

Demand (audience/money the NFL brings in) says they should make more but the difference in workload is staggering. Recruiting has become mountain to be climbed, on par with development and game day coaching. Especially in the SEC.

You've got these older, proven coaches that have just thrown their hands up (cough, Rocker) but it's just neverending. And they're dealing with teens, every parent here knows what that entails.

The good ones that keep on it like rabid dogs, need to be rewarded.
And as someone that will never love the NFL the way I do college, I'm here for it.

I hear this kind of thing a lot, but that's just not how I think. I think serious things should be taken serious and light things should be taken lightly. Now if the guy who lost an arm wanted to make light of his situation because that's what makes him feel better, that's one thing. But nobody else has the right to make light of it.

That being said, I'm sure I do take some things a little too serious, but that's what makes me who I am, and everyone's different. It takes a blend of different personalities to make a healthy society.
Different strokes for different folks.. You gotta do what you think is best......

Reactions: bpalmer28
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back