Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, apparently UT AD likes this draw. They apparently prefer it to Taxslayer. It pays more, closer, cheaper travel, better for local instate recruiting. Now a bunch of local 2021 kids can come to the game easily.
The money gets spread around the sec so doesn’t matter which pays more.

It’s pretty apparent that nationally we still have the stink of Georgia St. on our program. We need to beat the ever living crap out of that basketball school and close strong in recruiting. We need that positive momentum going into the spring

Some of you kill me-- acting like we should be happy and grateful we "got" a bowl. The Vols EARNED a bowl. We finished 7-5, 5-3 in conference. That's 6th in the SEC. Making a bowl isn't charity. This team deserved the best bowl available for a 7-5 SEC team.
We got screwed. Now nobody can even watch us on tv in a city we play in every other year anyway.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Some of you kill me-- acting like we should be happy and grateful we "got" a bowl. The Vols EARNED a bowl. We finished 7-5, 5-3 in conference. That's 6th in the SEC. Making a bowl isn't charity. This team deserved the best bowl available for a 7-5 SEC team.
We should be happy and grateful. And they did earn it.

Well, apparently UT AD likes this draw. They prefer it to Taxslayer. It pays more, closer, cheaper travel, better for local instate recruiting. Now a bunch of local 2021 kids can come to the game easily.
Hmmmm.....that did not occur to me. Awesome

I don't think anyone said otherwise.
But some posts about hoping attendance sucks for the bowl game are just dumb.

They actually get slightly more because MCB pays much more than taxslayer. They split most but UT will get a larger piece by going to Nashville. And spend less on travel expenses.
We play in Nashville every other year anyways. It’s disappointing. Just glad we made a bowl but sucks compared to playing on New Year’s Day.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back