Tennessee by 15 over Vandy?

I’ve been to many UT Vandy games were we were supposed to blow them away. Most times that just didn’t happen and Vandy looked like a different team against us. Let’s please don’t go down that road again. I hope we do win 59-0 but I can almost guarantee you that won’t happen. There were many on here saying we would destroy Mizzou and well,
you see how tight that one turned out.

In 1993 and ’94, we beat Vandy by the scores of 62-14 and 65-0, respectively.
I was at that 65-0 game. Peyton’s freshman year, James “Little Man” Stewart was a man amongst boys, John Becksvoort was automatic 3 from nearly anywhere on the field, and Aaron Hayden was running people over until he broke his leg that game. It was my first UT game in person, I’ll never forget it.

The year we beat Miami in the sugar bowl(1985) was the year Darrell Dickey took over after Tony Robinson was cheap shotted by Bammer lineman.We beat Candy 35-0 in Knoxville and my wife and I exited the stadium and low and behold they had bumper stickers for sale stating UT 35 Vandy 0,so I just had to have one.I put it on before getting in my car.Day or 2 later my wife went shopping(we live in Nashville),and she parked so as to not get any dings on the sides.Some hacked off Vandy fan keyed our new buick while she was inside.They went down both sides.I hate Vandy and their fans who can't afford to send their kids to the stuffed shirt place!UT-cafego38.jpg

Bowl is secured. Pressure is off this team. Guaranteed 3rd in SEC East. Vols will come out less tense knowing this game does not decide whether they go to a bowl game or not.

Playing looser, we have big plays all over the field. Vandy has a decent defense. Will keep it reasonably close at halftime. But I really feel we are more talented, better coached and will be out for total annihilation of the Commadores.

Bowl is secured. Pressure is off this team. Guaranteed 3rd in SEC East. Vols will come out less tense knowing this game does not decide whether they go to a bowl game or not.

Playing looser, we have big plays all over the field. Vandy has a decent defense. Will keep it reasonably close at halftime. But I really feel we are more talented, better coached and will be out for total annihilation of the Commadores.

Vandy def does not have a decent defense. Not at all.

They're not going to a bowl, so the best thing they can do is try to spoil our season. It probably would have been better for them if we lost to Missouri, so they could actually prevent us from going to a bowl game. They'd still take immense pleasure in ending our current win streak and extending their streak in the series. I'm surprised to see the early line so high, but I suppose the folks in Vegas concluded that our turnaround is legit after having us underdogs to everyone except UAB.

What?

Did you not even look at the stat breakdown (that included defense) that was provided for you on just the prior page?

Vandy always seems to play us tough for whatever reason. Especially the last few years. I like where Vandy is right now and LOVE where we are now. Senior day, last home game, they will come out fired up. Neyland will be rocking!!! Just ordered my tickets and Saturday can’t get here soon enough.

GO VOLS

We should win by 14-21 points, but we’ll keep it close with ridiculous mistakes at really bad times (penalties, fumble, etc.) That is still a problem for our team. Luckily, Pruitt has instilled the toughness to play through it. That should be enough to beat Vandy by 7, but against a good opponent we have to do better.

Go Vols!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I'm glad Vandy put the spank on ETSU, it will force us to respect them more.

Saturday is Vandy's Bowl Game, so we should be ready for them to pull out all the stops. They have nothing to lose.

Vandy will want to spoil our season, I hope we hang 50 on em!!!!

SxmBhFG.gif

Awesome gif unless you know what happens to the character just a few minutes later.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
You might want to avoid giving them any more bulletin board motivation than you already have. Pride comes before a fall, you know.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back