Megan Rapinoe & The US Soccer Team

That link from CBS is talking about Joe Biden . I’m not downing the man for being wealthy hell he got 100,000k per speaking engagement ( good for him ) but to say he’s middle class Joe , or just barely a millionaire is misleading to say the least . That’s what these articles are all about and why I used them as examples of Joe being privilege ( just like I said in my first post ) .

I have a different take on that. Politicians or ex-politicians earning big speaking fees or profits from books do so only because they are or were politicians. Since that money really derives from the position and not the man then it's US intellectual property and should go to the treasury. View it from that perspective and we just might have better and more honest politicians ... ones who earn their money not from organizations and wealthy individuals but from the salary that taxpayers fund. The other and probably bigger issue is that how do you know that the speaking fees, etc aren't really paybacks for favored legislation and regulation?

One thing for sure, white collar crime and politics do pay well. The other thing is that there doesn't appear to be a difference between white collar crime and politics ... both are very lucrative and there's little penalty if any.
I hate career politicians and that applies to Democrats just as much as Republicans. I would have never voted for Biden because of that... unless it is Biden vs Trump - then I will make an exception.

There are currently 15 people in the United States Senate who have been there for more than 20 years now (elected to more than just 3 terms). 8 Republicans and 7 Democrats. That is ridiculous... and more than anything else, it is the reason we have a dysfunctional government with self-serving representation.

Reactions: 0nelilreb and AM64
I have a different take on that. Politicians or ex-politicians earning big speaking fees or profits from books do so only because they are or were politicians. Since that money really derives from the position and not the man then it's US intellectual property and should go to the treasury. View it from that perspective and we just might have better and more honest politicians ... ones who earn their money not from organizations and wealthy individuals but from the salary that taxpayers fund. The other and probably bigger issue is that how do you know that the speaking fees, etc aren't really paybacks for favored legislation and regulation?

This is all true but I didn’t want to even take any of that up seeing is how it’s hard enough just proving he’s privileged and not “ middle class Joe “ any longer .

Reactions: AM64
I hate career politicians and that applies to Democrats just as much as Republicans. I would have never voted for Biden because of that... unless it is Biden vs Trump - then I will make an exception.

There are currently 15 people in the United States Senate who have been there for more than 20 years now (elected to more than just 3 terms). 8 Republicans and 7 Democrats. That is ridiculous... and more than anything else, it is the reason we have a dysfunctional government with self-serving representation.

Term Limits .. kick those lifers out !

This is all true but I didn’t want to even take any of that up seeing is how it’s hard enough just proving he’s privileged and not “ middle class Joe “ any longer .

Politicians are privileged ... very few live, act, or are treated like the rest of us ... most will pay any price for admission. Election is the key to a different kingdom. You are right access to the political club wipes away any earlier lack of privilege.

Some of you guys (not all) are like dinosaurs walking blindly into the tar pits.
The PF may be 85% older conservative white men, but the country is anything but; and the percentages are changing rapidly and dramatically.
The fans of the US women's team are the future.
The detractors are the past.

And just look what these changes are bringing. Safe spaces. Colooring books for emotionally damaged adults. People complaining about plastic straws and wedding cakes. Humans who are so dumb they cannot figure outbif they are male or female. If these people are the future then the human race is boned.

I can't go that far with you. This is capitalism, after all. Politics never has been pure in this country and it will never will be. There will always be companies/lobbyists seeking to buy influential favor and politicians for sale. However, term limits would discourage people from running for office in the first place, for the purpose of long run self-enrichment.

Rapinoe irks me a little bit, but then I see how badly she trolls everyone with stuff that is barely even noteworthy and it makes me kinda like her. No idea why a female athlete asking for equal pay bothers people that have nothing to win or lose, regardless of the outcome.

Does she identify as a female? How dare you make such an assumption when "they" clearly go out of their way to look like a guy.

Some of you guys (not all) are like dinosaurs walking blindly into the tar pits.
The PF may be 85% older conservative white men, but the country is anything but; and the percentages are changing rapidly and dramatically.
The fans of the US women's team are the future.
The detractors are the past.

So you admit our country is heading toward its demise and support it? Figures.

Except she only said so because a member of the media asked, and then snowflakes flipped out (and made and shared memes), so obviously people care.

And it shows an absolute lack of class on her part. Respect the office. You don’t have to agree with the person, but anytime you are invited to the White House, you should go. Except for a Hitler type dictator.

I understand they are not government controlled or sponsored. And I have no argument with the “what” she’s saying. Maybe it’s my old fogey-ness coming out that if you’re representing the US, then you have at least some obligation to showcase the good. Heck, the reason why they are so dominant is because the US is light years ahead of most countries in the areas she’s complaining about.

I think decorum went out the window when Trump start naming his opponents in the run up to the 2016 general elections and then beyond. Lyin' Ted, Crooked Hillary, Pocahontas, Nervous Nancy, Low Energy Jeb, Crazy Maxine, Little Marco etc.

What I find ironic is that the same people who love Trump for being over the top irreverent try and foist that NOW it's somehow unpatriotic or bad form to go after political opponents.

Reactions: orangepridenation
I think decorum went out the window when Trump start naming his opponents in the run up to the 2016 general elections and then beyond. Lyin' Ted, Crooked Hillary, Pocahontas, Nervous Nancy, Low Energy Jeb, Crazy Maxine, Little Marco etc.

What I find ironic is that the same people who love Trump for being over the top irreverent try and foist that NOW it's somehow unpatriotic or bad form to go after political opponents.

All of those names are on point. You have to admit that.

And it shows an absolute lack of class on her part. Respect the office. You don’t have to agree with the person, but anytime you are invited to the White House, you should go. Except for a Hitler type dictator.

LOL, that ship sailed long before the current occupant of the oval office.

I understand they are not government controlled or sponsored. And I have no argument with the “what” she’s saying. Maybe it’s my old fogey-ness coming out that if you’re representing the US, then you have at least some obligation to showcase the good. Heck, the reason why they are so dominant is because the US is light years ahead of most countries in the areas she’s complaining about.
I think it sends a strong message to the rest of the world about what our freedoms are all about.

Reactions: Septic

VN Store

Back