Anthony Jordan (head official vs LSU)

We actually just need to move on and not look line sore losers.
Hmmm, no, In actual fact we need to do the exact opposite and raise hell about this, especially in light of the disparity in the calls he made in the game. It's not just the calls he made. There were some memorable no-calls under the basket when Grant Williams was just hammered. One of the most memorable no-calls of the game was near the end of the half when Jordan Bone was knocked off his feet at the start of a run-out on a steal and the ball was called out on him. LSU got the ball and scored on the next possession.

Unfortunately, I see nothing coming from this. But I hope that Jordan isn’t allowed to officiate an LSU game again, and I certainly hope he doesn’t officiate a UT game this season.

It would have to get traction from somewhere, like making its way onto Finebaum or SEC Now or something. Otherwise, it just disappears and we all lose interest. I think the latter is far more likely. I’m curious though... was this dude by chance reffing their game at Kentucky?

Barnes isn't going to change his MO 35-40 years into his career. Fulmer needs to lead the charge on cleaning up this mess of officiating. Nothing is evening out this year. There is very little accountability.

It's time that the SEC holds back some of the quarter billion $$$ or so that they divvy up amongst the conference members and spend it on upgrading the officiating. It's ridiculous that all that money just trickles down to coaches salaries.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I'm sure they're not supposed to post pics to social media expressing support for a team they officiate. That pic was from 2014, how long has Jordan been an SEC official?
There aren't really "SEC officials" anymore I don't think.

It would have to get traction from somewhere, like making its way onto Finebaum or SEC Now or something. Otherwise, it just disappears and we all lose interest. I think the latter is far more likely. I’m curious though... was this dude by chance reffing their game at Kentucky?

Kentucky vs. LSU: Referees: Tony Greene, Joe Lindsay, Patrick Evans

5 or 6 years ago Cuonzo pitched a fit that there was always a quick whistle that kept sending Stokes to the bench in foul trouble. He said that Stokes should be allowed to be a big, physical presence in the paint and it worked. This from a coach with little cred that hadn't even been to the NCAAT. Squeaky wheels need the grease. Fulmer needs to get off of his butt and stop the assault and battery that Grant now sees in every game.

Unfortunately, I see nothing coming from this. But I hope that Jordan isn’t allowed to officiate an LSU game again, and I certainly hope he doesn’t officiate another UT game this season.
He shouldn't be allowed to ref again
He should be fired immediately. This is the kind of stuff that only happens to Tennessee.

Lets not be that type.

Win or lose with class and your head held high.

Excuse makers are bitches.
Nothing is going to change the outcome from yesterday. I think everyone understands that and is mature enough to keep a sporting event in its proper perspective.. but Anthony Jordan should not be officiating LSU games going forward. It is good for this picture to circulate.

This might explain the immediate "make up calls" after the two Ts called on LSU. It was pretty obvious. It also might explain why they let Wade piss and moan like a school girl and never stopped it. Sad that the SEC office would let this type of crap happen.
Sad but not surprising. I heard after the game this guy blew his whistle 44 times during the game and 29 of those calls went against Tennessee. The foul with .6 second left was also called by Jordan. I really dont know who holds officials accountable for their performance, but after what I have witnessed this season, I'm not sure they are held accountable. Anyone that says we need to stop whining doesn't understand the control officials have. They can completely effect the outcome of a game and it was evident Anthony Jordan controlled the outcome of the game yesterday.

Sad but not surprising. I heard after the game this guy blew his whistle 44 times during the game and 29 of those calls went against Tennessee. The foul with .6 second left was also called by Jordan. I really dont know who holds officials accountable for their performance, but after what I have witnessed this season, I'm not sure they are held accountable. Anyone that says we need to stop whining doesn't understand the control officials have. They can completely effect the outcome of a game and it was evident Anthony Jordan controlled the outcome of the game yesterday.

LSU has been given 2 games - us and KY. Might not be rare that we have one taken away, but at Rupp is almost unheard of. Something smells.

This might explain the immediate "make up calls" after the two Ts called on LSU. It was pretty obvious. It also might explain why they let Wade piss and moan like a school girl and never stopped it. Sad that the SEC office would let this type of crap happen.
Those were the immediate two issues that came to mind for me.

And even if it were all coincidence, misinterpreted, and on the up and up, this certainly calls it all into question and is a bad look, especially since the game ended so closely.

VN Store

Back