Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a subscription with them so I couldn't tell if Wright and To'oto'o were counted yet. I know on there it said we have 22 in the class.
I just heard an interview with one of their guys and he mentioned they don't use an equation for their team rankings like most services. They consider needs, etc. for each team and rank them that way.

I have probably followed recruiting this year the least ever and I'm not being critical, but I'm just wondering what happened to us in-state this year only picking up one of the top 10. That's shocking to me. Maybe this has been discussed, but I'm being lazy and don't want to search. Anybody want to give me the short synopsis?
Nope...

We still have room for a couple more. Don’t be surprised if we land Jahkeem Green. He chose not to sign today with the Cocks and will wait. Well would you have it he took his last official visit 2 weeks ago with UT.

saw this in Freak's post. Edit: Never mind:

Last edited:
247 article on Big Winners today...

Tennessee: Perhaps just as impressive a late recruiting win of Pickens to Georgia was Top247 linebacker Henry To’oto’o picking the Vols over Alabama and Washington. The Crimson Tide were considered the favorite for much of the cycle and the Huskies had some momentum down the stretch, but sounds like the official visit to Knoxville in January and the relationship with Jeremy Pruittand his staff was the difference. In addition to To’oto’o, Tennessee also landed the top-ranked uncommitted player on the board coming into National Signing Day in offensive tackle Darnell Wright, who the Vols have long been considered the favorite for. Assistant Brian Niedermeyer was the lead recruiter for both and skyrocketed all the way to the top of the 247Sports Recruiter Rankings to win National Recruiter of the Year. Cornerback Kenney Solomon also gave the Vols his pledge.

I have probably followed recruiting this year the least ever and I'm not being critical, but I'm just wondering what happened to us in-state this year only picking up one of the top 10. That's shocking to me. Maybe this has been discussed, but I'm being lazy and don't want to search. Anybody want to give me the short synopsis?
There were better players out of state and Pruitt swung big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back