Game Thread: UT v LSU

Good games by David and KK; great defensive game by Westbrook.

Burrell and Z Green need to be given the red light. No more threes until further notice.

Reactions: travis929
Good games by David and KK; great defensive game by Westbrook.

Burrell and Z Green need to be given the red light. No more threes until further notice.

I say no why try and handcuff Burrell and Z Green that`s a bunch of bull S and you know it. I don`t care how many 3`s they missed. Burrell and Z Green are not the problem on this team.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
In all seriousness I'm happy for the win. Its better than losing....but it should in no way effect Hollys future w the Vols. 0-13 from 3? Still fumbling and bumbling around...but still..I'm never gonna hope the vols lose.

Reactions: Ace and 10cpride
We only had 16 turnovers and only one in the last 7 minutes. The +9 to differential is the main reason we won.
My bad! I was looking at the wrong line on the stat sheet. Is Westbrook ok? She only played a few minutes in the second half per the video recap I watched. Glad to see Massengill get more playing time.

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
Agree its good just to pick up a freakin W again, especially happy for the players. Rennia lives! Next two opponents are even worse I hear so we may get a little streak going here.

But damn we are an ugly playin' team! 'Just" 16 turnovers, yippee skippy! Got all the way to 45% percent fg shooting, think what it would have been if not for that goose egg for 13 3 pt shooting! All that happened here is we ran into someone even worse. We look like exactly what we are, a bottom tier SEC team.

Agree again, sadly, but Nikki is off the list. She and Holly could have exchanged teams and you couldn't have told much difference. Both a sloppy mess. So no.

I guess when you recruit you should think about a three point shooter or two. Shooting is our ultimate problem forget turnovers they usually even out. The fact we can't shoot the ball is the reason we lost six in a row. Shooting in the 30's isn't a way to win. We got Florida and Vandy coming up and no reason we shouldn't be able to beat both of them if we can shoot 40 percent from the field. If we slip back down to 33 to 35 look for a nail biter against either one of them.

I guess when you recruit you should think about a three point shooter or two.
Right? LOL sure seems like being able to shoot 3s is a disqualifing factor for our recruits. Who was our last really consistent 3 shooter, and I mean for real not imagined like Dunbar? Shanna freakin Zolman? Probably later than that but I swear I don't remember it. I think in the current offense the 3 is used as just a rebound/putback opportunity.

Cant wait to see the Holly fans use this meaningless win and a argument for Holly to keep her job. One win....after a God awful losing streak....means nothing.

Trust, I already saw a post that says "Holly haters what do u have to say". That alone made me think whether some ppl actually want us to loose 6 games and win one, then Is ok to get somewhere with that.

Have been a long-time Holly supporter (although not posting a lot here; more lurking than anything). Have always hoped that she could figure out the switch from assistant to head coach. Thought it was happening last year, and had hope for this year. The losing streak, though, has caused me serious doubts about HCHW as the long-term solution.

I'm glad (very glad) they won this game. I'd be even more glad if they would win about 9 more, and at least 2 in the SECT. Since those games are still to be played, I'm in a wait-and-see mode as to whether to make a change. I will note, though, that one win in the manner of today's does not mean they have "turned the corner."

My $0.02 ...

Reactions: travis929 and glv98

VN Store

Back