Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This program lost 2.4 million last year. Just do enough to not lose more money than that.

All I ask. Game changed fellas. This isn’t the 80’s where Pat had to beat 3-4 programs.

La Tech, Texas, USC

It passed this program by and blew the doors off. The goal should be don’t lose too much money.

Football, Men’s Basketball
That's a slap in the face to everything Pat stood for. The Lady Vols still is a national brand, although Holly is doing her dangdest to destroy it. There are other coaches that can rescue this program. Also, the right coach can at least make the Lady Vols break even.

VQ mods mentioned it on a podcast. And of course the insider message board talk. I’m not saying it’s true, I actually think it’s more likely false. But I’m saying if it is true it looks bad on Helton, not Pruitt. And clearly we’ve upgraded at the OC position.
Swain said on the radio multiple times that "Helton didn't do us any favors" said that yurcich was a done deal then "Helton didn't do us any favors." He wouldn't elaborate any more on that though.

Reactions: quadlee21
Lady Vols getting blown out by Alabama. A 9-8 Alabama.

Fulmer has to know he has to do something. This is now beyond embarrassing and if he doesn't act soon it could turn out to be like the football program. Even if you want to do it after the season that is fine JUST DO IT! If Holly had any sense of loyalty and love for the school she has coached at for so many years, she would announce that she is stepping down either now or at the end of the season.

That's a slap in the face to everything Pat stood for. The Lady Vols still is a national brand, although Holly is doing her dangdest to destroy it. There are other coaches that can rescue this program. Also, the right coach can at least make the Lady Vols break even.

Perfect example, why would anyone want to follow Nick Saban? No way to match up.

I know the Lady Vol meltdown is underway, but let's look at what all has happened with the Vols since 2019 began:

- Watched Alabama get spanked in the national title game
- Landed Jim Chaney
- Landed Tee Martin
- Watched Tosh Lupoi leave UGA, leaving door wide open for To'oto'o
- Landed Deangelo Gibbs
- Men's team has killed every team they've played this year
- Jauan Jennings returned

Did I miss anything?

After 42 straight wins. I know he won't do it but Holly needs to be fired now.

Players quit tonight. If he pussyfoots around, they'll have their first losing record, players will transfer, recruits will bail, ticketholders won't renew and he'll have a very big, very public, very ugly mess on his hands. I can't even imagine the texts and emails he's getting. Well, actually, I can.

I know the Lady Vol meltdown is underway, but let's look at what all has happened with the Vols since 2019 began:

- Watched Alabama get spanked in the national title game
- Landed Jim Chaney
- Landed Tee Martin
- Watched Tosh Lupoi leave UGA, leaving door wide open for To'oto'o
- Landed Deangelo Gibbs
- Men's team has killed every team they've played this year
- Jauan Jennings returned

Did I miss anything?
And we’re getting everybody gathered up to murder @Catbone in the street!

Great times!

With Deangelo Gibbs coming and more gems on NSD, how will we have room for everyone? Last time I saw the numbers, we were over by 7-9 with a full class of 25. This is going to be interesting.

If it were anyone other than us, UGA would probably roll over on allowing a waiver for Gibbs. I bet they will definitely play hardball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back