Is Bituli out for Alabama?

BP4Prez

I stay confused on the targeting rule. With it happening in the second half is Bituli out for the entire game or just the first half? Is there any way to appeal that call?

Since it happened at the end of the game, I believe he has to sit out the entire game. If it had occurred in the 1st half, he would need to sit out only another half

He lowered the boom and knocked the ball loose. I’ve only seen what they showed during the game, it seemed like a fair call. If it weren’t for the rules protecting players it was s great hit, since the newish rules it got flagged.

Reactions: HalfullVol
There are some calls that should be made, clearly, but some of the calls are because a referee thinks people paid to see him, or are baited into throwing late flags by players.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
JP explained it perfectly. Bituli came in with his eyes and head down.You need to tackle with your eyes up. JP's words and I agree.He said it was a great teaching moment.

I like that cjp says that because it is the right approach for a coach to take. I am not a ut football coach and I think the call and/or the rule is bad.

First of all AU player was not defenseless and lowered his own head to deflect the blows. If he wanted to protect his head or get a targeting call then he should have run in standing up. Good luck with that by the way.

None of the Tn players "launched" to specifically make contact with AU players helmet.This was just a football play that looked "scary" because it was 3 on 1.

I would have done nothing different than the Tennessee guys or heck even the Auburn guy.

I am glad they only got one player, I anticipated all 3 would be tossed.

I think if a player goes all out “Chuck Cecil” on another player, then the penalty, ejection and sitting out a half is appropriate. These accidental incidents of “targeting” that get called should only result in a penalty or maybe an ejection, but not all three things (penalty, ejection, and suspension for 1 half of next game). It’s getting tricky-tack out there on the field.

Reactions: VolsnRavens

VN Store

Back