*****Jeremy Pruitt Monday Press Conference

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
-We have 24 hours to celebrate and it's time to move on.

-On Alabama, this game means a whole lot to a lot of people. We have to do our part to create this rivalry again. It's not been much of a rivalry the last few years.

-This game is a great measuring stick, to play the best team in the country and our players are looking forward to it.

-As was the case against Auburn, Tyson Helton will be on the sideline for the remainder of the year.

-On injuries, most of the guys are day to day.

-On the Daniel Bituili targeting call, it's a rule to protect the players. Daniel wasn't trying to hurt the guy, but he had his eyes down. It's a coaching point for him and the rest of the team. You always need to keep your eyes up when tackling. Unfortunately, he'll have to sit out this week, which is not good for him and not good for our team.

-Kongbo has worked really hard and has tries to do everything we've asked him. He's set to graduate this semester. We have targeting calls, but you'd like to have some of these cut blocks reviewed, not saying it was legal or illegal.

-There were lots of runs out there that we didn't execute very well. Some plays we were whipped and some plays we didn't' block the right guys. We aren't going to beat many teams if we can't run the football.

-I can't think of many guys I have coached since the targeting rule that have been ejected. It's technique.

-Any time you win or play well, it brings confidence. Our players needed that. Watching the tape, there are a lot of guys who played their best game and some guys who played their worst game.

-Against Alabama, I'm not sure how much we need to be working on our punt return unit, we probably need to be working more on our punt unit.

-Alabama has had to try hard not to score 100 points in a couple of games.

-I've seen the passion for this rivalry first hand on both sides. It's an important game, it's the next game, and it's bragging rights for the next year. It's exciting to be a part of it.

-Jennings has done everything I've asked him since I've been here. He's one of my favorite guys and competes. He had a knee injury and is finally close to being healthy.

-Asked about if our record is about what he expected at this point: I didn't sit there all summer and say I hope we're 3-3 after six games, but if we execute we give ourselves a chance. If we don't, we don't.

-Chance Hall, at one time was a really good football player. The guys hasn't played for two years. He's another guy that's getting back into shape. Our goal was to get him back for Florida and we might have pushed him too hard. But him playing well is not a surprise to me. I played against him as a freshman and he was a pretty dang good football player then.

-The biggest difference in the second half on Saturday, we made the same calls, but we executed better than they did, unlike the first half. We just tried to fix what we game planned all week.

-On the offense Saturday: They played man-to-man a lot. We didn’t block them very well up front. We decided if we couldn’t block them very well, we might as well throw it out of there as quick as we could.

-Tua Tagovailoa is a good player and a better person.

-I started looking at the tape of Alabama on offense last night, but after a few games, I was scared to look at them on defense.

/the end.

Last edited:
Wonder if he was smirking when he said:

-Against Alabama, I'm not sure how much we need to be working on our punt return unit, we probably need to be working more on our punt unit

Reactions: Chilmonty and McDad
Lol.
CJP: "Hey Tys, come over here and hold this whiteboard, a'ight?"

Followed up with...

tenor.gif

Wonder if he was smirking when he said:

-Against Alabama, I'm not sure how much we need to be working on our punt return unit, we probably need to be working more on our punt unit
Why? You think he’s working for and getting paid for by Tennessee but he’s secretly pulling for Alabama? Or proud that Alabama is better than Tennessee?

Pretty damn cynical.

My neck is permanently jacked up and watching that made it hurt....

Please warn me if you post that again so I can cover my eyes... Haaaa..

That was some insane whiplash, but I'm most impressed by the kicker's vertical leap.

Why? You think he’s working for and getting paid for by Tennessee but he’s secretly pulling for Alabama? Or proud that Alabama is better than Tennessee?

Pretty damn cynical.

You should have started and stopped with why. I would have give the answer of he knows they are a hell of an offensive team that rarely punts.

Does your 40 speed match your ability to jump?

Take 10 seconds to look at someone’s post history before acting like a know it all jackass.

Reactions: covert29
That targeting was kind of BS. It's hard to tell if he started with his head down or if it was knocked down with the contact of the other two UT players. Much like the last AU TD that was not reviewed. I think that was probably the right call but they never really showed it slowed down up close so you couldn't fully see it.

'Not much of a rivalry lately'
aint that right. Gotta be honest about it if you're gonna fix it

It seems good to have Helton on the sideline. Glad about that.
Yeah, I always thought that having an OC in the box (especially the first year) is never a good thing. You can communicate better with the offense when you are on the field with them.

VN Store

Back