Tua Rumor

He walked off the field. I am guessing he will be good to go. I guarantee Pruitt is planning on him playing.

I remember watching Justin Hunter walk off the field with ease, out for the rest of the year.

I don’t really think it matters who their QB is. But Bama suddenly becomes a bearable team to some people without Tua

If it weren’t at least seriously hindering him, he wouldn’t have stayed on the field and he would have gotten up and played. Think about it, he’s the leading Heisman contender, he was locked in a heated QB battle with a talented dude and former Freshman of the Year, who was won monster games for Bama. Human and competitive nature, he’s playing unless his body is telling him something is wrong.

He will be. A credible source said he could have went back in against Missouri if he was needed but the game was under control. Source... Saban.
Those ligaments can be a weird thing though. They feel good enough to play on in the moment, but the surgery involved in a complete repair could cost extended time.

Kongbo walked over with a medical staffer supporting him. Hurts jogged off the field on his own.

True. Didnt Jamal Lewis run a few more plays after tearing his acl in 98? Memory may be wrong on that but thought he did. Bear Bryant played with a broken leg. Justin Hunter walked off the field by himself after tearing acl. Never know

Last edited:
Those ligaments can be a weird thing though. They feel good enough to play on in the moment, but the surgery involved in a complete repair could cost extended time.
He was evaluated and confirmed to be okay. He tweaked his knee a couple of weeks ago and had some pain. He is going to start against us this week barring a freak injury during practice this week.

Jordy Nelson jogged off the field with a torn ACL a couple of years ago and was out for the year. Carson Wentz tire hus ACL and stayed in the game to convert a 2 pt conversion last year.

Reactions: bpalmer28
True. Didnt Jamal Lewis run a few more plays after tearing his acl in 98? Memory may be wrong on that but thought he did. Bear Bryant played with a broken leg. Justin Hunter walked off the field by himself after tearing acl. Never now
Played for nearly a quarter I thought.

He will be. A credible source said he could have went back in against Missouri if he was needed but the game was under control. Source... Saban.

That may be. But if sliding the wrong way took him out of the game, his knee is more jacked up than what Saban is saying. That being said, I am sure Pruitt and Co. are going to try and dial up some early blitzes to get to Tua if he is playing.

If Tua gets hit a few good times I don’t think you will see him playing the whole game. I honestly think Hurts will be the starter.

A torn meniscus is not the same as a torn ligament. I have no idea the nature of his injury, but a person can often bear weight and walk unassisted with a bad meniscus.

Reactions: Old Geezer

VN Store

Back