Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Carvin did what he was supposed to. If the play had gone outside he was there as a lead blocker. The defense had too many guys playing contain (perhaps because Carvin was running wide), and that created the running lane for the RB. Had those defenders played tighter then the RB would have went wide and Carvin was there to do his job. In a way Carvin was a decoy on the play to draw the defenders out wide... I wouldn’t dog Carvin for this play not knowing his assignment, but there is reason for me to believe him not touching anyone was ok on an 8 yard run.

It’s categorically unacceptable for a linemen not to put a hat on someone. He was lost. Correctable freshmen moment, but he was lost.

Against a team with a pulse the RB is laid out.

Reactions: Sleegro and SugarCC
Here's a look at the progression and impact of last year's recruiting class thru a quarter of the regular season:

Name Position Recruiting Ranking Notes
JJ Peterson OLB Four Star Late enrollee, no contribution yet
Alontae Taylor CB Four Star Significant contributor
Greg Emerson DL Four Star Scout Team
Bryce Thompson CB Four Star Starter
Dom Wood-Anderson TE Four Star Starter
Jordan Allen OLB Four Star Backup, contributor
Emmit Gooden DL Four Star Significant contributor
Jerome Carvin OL Four Star Starter
Jahmir Johnson OL Three Star Starter
JT Shrout QB Three Star Scout Team
Jacob Warren TE Three Star no contribution yet
Tanner Antonutti OL Three Star no contribution yet
John Mincey DL Three Star some contribution as depth
Ollie Lane OL Three Star no contribution yet
Trevon Flowers S Three Star Significant contributor
Kurott Garland DL Three Star no contribution yet
Kingston Harris DL Three Star some contribution as depth
Cedric Tillman WR Three Star some contribution as depth
Brandon Davis DB Three Star no contribution yet
Kenneth George Jr. DB Three Star some contribution as depth
Paxton Brooks K/P Three Star Starter at KOS

Here's a look at the progression and impact of last year's recruiting class thru a quarter of the regular season:

Name Position Recruiting Ranking Notes
JJ Peterson OLB Four Star Late enrollee, no contribution yet
Alontae Taylor CB Four Star Significant contributor
Greg Emerson DL Four Star Scout Team
Bryce Thompson CB Four Star Starter
Dom Wood-Anderson TE Four Star Starter
Jordan Allen OLB Four Star Backup, contributor
Emmit Gooden DL Four Star Significant contributor
Jerome Carvin OL Four Star Starter
Jahmir Johnson OL Three Star Starter
JT Shrout QB Three Star Scout Team
Jacob Warren TE Three Star no contribution yet
Tanner Antonutti OL Three Star no contribution yet
John Mincey DL Three Star some contribution as depth
Ollie Lane OL Three Star no contribution yet
Trevon Flowers S Three Star Significant contributor
Kurott Garland DL Three Star no contribution yet
Kingston Harris DL Three Star some contribution as depth
Cedric Tillman WR Three Star some contribution as depth
Brandon Davis DB Three Star no contribution yet
Kenneth George Jr. DB Three Star some contribution as depth
Paxton Brooks K/P Three Star Starter at KOS

apologies in advance for the formatting fail, but fwiw, it looks neat and organized until I "post reply"

Sitting here with my UGA fan friends. Told them UGA plays 5 teams coming off BYE weeks. One of em just looks at me like I'm stupid and says "two weeks to prepare doesnt matter when you have a roster full of 5 stars".

They need to be taken down a notch.

Sitting here with my UGA fan friends. Told them UGA plays 5 teams coming off BYE weeks. One of em just looks at me like I'm stupid and says "two weeks to prepare doesnt matter when you have a roster full of 5 stars".

Yes. they. do.

Reactions: SugarCC

Bama will beat them in SEC by 2 TDs. ND sneaks into CFB playoff along with OU and Clemson.

Reactions: Catbone

They haven’t changed in 25 years. Still haven’t won anything. It’s why last year was glorious.

Vince F with an interesting stat. Tennessee defense through three games has been on the field for an average of 57 plays. This time last year was 73 Including 96 against GT. Less snaps should allow us to hold up a little bit more as the season goes along
That’s 48 less plays, no significant injuries, and improved performance game to game entering the SEC schedule. It’s also very good for game experience and building confidence. I consider that a coaching success for the defense for the first quarter of the 2018 season.

That’s 48 less plays, no significant injuries, and improved performance game to game entering the SEC schedule. It’s also very good for game experience and building confidence. I consider that a coaching success for the defense for the first quarter of the 2018 season.
Don't you bring no positivity in here. We taint winnin nudder game I tells yer

Reactions: Sleegro
As I have said it's a give and take.

I'd say being bad at both are a recipe for disaster for sure
More margin for error at OG. Locklear and Carvin showing progress...neither can play LT. And once again, Trey isn’t playing bad...just rusty from no contact off-season.

Reactions: SugarCC
Sorry Butcha. I ain't seen an effective WHOLE game and I don't respect your opinion on offensive line play. I'll take PFF any day over what you think you see.
When it comes to MUTUAL RESPECT? We’re in consensus. You’re an argumentative misery whore and have no interest in genuine football talk. Trey’s our only option at LT and our coaches seem to be following that same mindset. Of course they played Chryst in the last two minutes of the first half, so your genius azz already fired them. 😏

Reactions: Rejo and SugarCC
Just saw this pic of Fitzpatrick. I think the gold chains on the man fur are a nice touch.

eqyjyaaikge3cyxp3hbp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back