UT President Dr. DiPietro Retiring

Copy of email for anyone who wants to read:

Thank You for Allowing Me to
Serve as Your President​
We all reach points in our lives and careers when the timing just feels right. I knew the timing was right in 2011 when I accepted the responsibility of serving as president of this great institution—and what an incredible experience it's been.

Today, the University of Tennessee is in a position of strength and stability. We have established a sustainable business model, achieved record totals in research funding and private giving, and transformed our communities and facilities in significant ways.

Because of the gains we've made and the confidence I have in the future of the University, I know the timing is right for me to retire. It is with gratitude that I tell you my last day in office will be Nov. 21.

The UT Board of Trustees will meet soon to make decisions about next steps, and I look forward to spending the next few months visiting with and celebrating with you. It is the people who make up the University of Tennessee that I will miss most.

Thank you for making my time here the most rewarding of my career. I was not born a Tennessean but will forever call UT home.

I'd like to share a
brief video message with you and thank you again for your support of the University.

All the best,
Joe​

Immediately it will not.

Long term, it can only help.

He claims in the email that the university is in a position of strength and stability when he has an interim chancellor, and a first year AD.

The new person will be able to appoint a new and hopefully strong chancellor and maybe just maybe bring a resemblance of respect back to the university.

TL;DR DiPietro sucks and has done nothing good for the university. This can help.

Immediately it will not.

He claims in the email that the university is in a position of strength and stability when he has an interim chancellor, and a first year AD.

The new person will be able to appoint a new and hopefully strong chancellor and maybe just maybe bring a resemblance of respect back to the university.

TL;DR DiPietro sucks and has done nothing good for the university. This can help.
Maybe I’m being overly pessimistic, but isn’t this just another opportunity for Haslam to have a major impact on a high-profile position within the university?

Maybe I’m being overly pessimistic, but isn’t this just another opportunity for Haslam to have a major impact on a high-profile position within the university?
Yes. I hate to say it, but the answer is that simple.

The seeds of a new battle in that war were sown when Davenport was fired. The new President's first order of business is going to be hiring a new Chancellor, and Haslam is going to have a very heavy hand in who the President is, so they'll influence both positions.. Davenport didn't side with the Haslams during the battle over Currie's replacement, so by their calculus she had to be removed.

Reactions: GRN1926 and tbwhhs

You are not being pessimistic. As I in my slow reading handicapped way before the end of one sentence thought after election but before Jan 1. Haslams are getting their ducks in a row.

Peyton Manning will be taking this position. Unless Haslam kicks him to the curb...……………….:rolleyes:

Immediately it will not.

Lol not sure if your this naive or this post is sarcasm. Haslam is making sure he can run everything about this school after firing Davenport and trimming the Board of Trustees down while keeping the only two that was for outsourcing.

Reactions: Vfl2407
I can see the nightmare unfolding now.... Haslem and his mob of " friends " will personally hand pick who they want and the board will just sign off on it.

Yes, this is a chance for present Governor Bill Haslam to take charge of UT as a "potential" president. The state legislature with direction from Haslam reduced the number of Trustees from 27 to 11 so Haslam could appoint his choices. The person that we need to become the President of UT is the current president of East Tennessee State University, Dr. Brian Noland. He holds a PHD from UT. He restored football to ETSU by hiring Phillip Fulmer to establish the program. He understands the importance of a strong football program. He had the chance to become Chancellor of UT, but declined to consider it and was probably waiting for the opportunity to become President instead of Chancellor.

Yes, this is a chance for present Governor Bill Haslam to take charge of UT as a "potential" president. The state legislature with direction from Haslam reduced the number of Trustees from 27 to 11 so Haslam could appoint his choices. The person that we need to become the President of UT is the current president of East Tennessee State University, Dr. Brian Noland. He holds a PHD from UT. He restored football to ETSU by hiring Phillip Fulmer to establish the program. He understands the importance of a strong football program. He had the chance to become Chancellor of UT, but declined to consider it and was probably waiting for the opportunity to become President instead of Chancellor.
Good Lord, what a nightmare should they try to move Haslam in.....

Reactions: JacketVol
They'll probably fold those responsibilities into Fulmer's job. They don't seem to have any other ideas and he certainly hasn't been taxed in his current position.

I don't really know of his ties to the Haslam family or any of his politics. I can say he brought some much needed stability to the University when they needed it. I had occasional dealings with him when he was over the College of Agriculture and I know he was well respected and liked there. Its easy to criticize those in power.

It’ll be time to organize that protest again. If we can drive that Schiano off, we can drive this person that Harlem gets in away, and demand Harlem to step away from Tennessee for good.

Reactions: jbr82

VN Store

Back