Ohio State @ TCU...

Based on his comments in the article, it sounds like he would have come here. Unanswered prayers and all that.

Maybe. The whole “It's sort of like the old Garth Brooks song. Sometimes the best prayers are unanswered prayers” makes it sound more like he feels it was a much better thing that he was never given the UT (or Nebraska) final offers.

(Though it could also make sense of their being little or no interest in the last two coaching searches - 2017/2018 and 2012/2013 - if he felt like the first time in 2008/9 went like that.)

That’s new to me. The last thing I read had said that he felt that “he could tell [in 2008/2009]” that the program had already “decided on Kiffin.”

The best coach in Texas doesn't want to leave TCU

You are right in that the AD wanted Kiffin. If Hamilton really wanted Patterson, he could have had him. But like every hire after Fulmer, he cheaped out and screwed us.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Considering Alumni size, fan base size, and size of the brands, though, I’m a little less surprised.

TCU is a small school (~10,000) in a state of some big schools:

A&M - over 60k
TX - over 50k
UNT - over 35k
TX Tech - over 35k

Even Baylor (~16k) and SMU (~12k) are bigger. TCU typically travels well, but their brand recognition outside of TX is not good. Here in FW, you see as many TX or A&M stickers as you do TCU ones. The DFW area has over 7,000,000 people, but their allegiances are varied with a lot of people here from other states.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back