You people spin everything in the worst way possible

The sky is apparently falling because we only scored 24 points and shut out a team for the first time since 2016.
Ever think that Tennessee was being conservative today? Did you consider that it is hard to get motivated for a noon game against a team with a 14-game losing streak? Or even that the team was thinking more about a major rival and overlooked UTEP a bit?
No... Of course not... You are committed to interpreting everything in the worst possible way. Do I need to remind you that Tennessee struggled in every game before finally ending the streak against Florida in 2016? Remember barely beating UMass after competing in the swamp last year? You can't look at a game like today and say "oh no, we played bad therefore we cant compete with good teams." And I dont need to remind you that record books fly out the window in big rivalry games.

The sky is apparently falling because we only scored 24 points and shut out a team for the first time since 2016.
Ever think that Tennessee was being conservative today? Did you consider that it is hard to get motivated for a noon game against a team with a 14-game losing streak? Or even that the team was thinking more about a major rival and overlooked UTEP a bit?
No... Of course not... You are committed to interpreting everything in the worst possible way. Do I need to remind you that Tennessee struggled in every game before finally ending the streak against Florida in 2016? Remember barely beating UMass after competing in the swamp last year? You can't look at a game like today and say "oh no, we played bad therefore we cant compete with good teams." And I dont need to remind you that record books fly out the window in big rivalry games.

No issues with your thoughts other than we are relying on players who have never really proven anything on the field nor a head coach who has won a big game. Maybe you are right but logic seems to point to a team that isn’t very talented at several key positions. You are are also forgetting that Dobbs was the quarterback on a team with a lot of experience

No issues with your thoughts other than we are relying on players who have never really proven anything on the field nor a head coach who has won a big game. Maybe you are right but logic seems to point to a team that isn’t very talented at several key positions. You are are also forgetting that Dobbs was the quarterback on a team with a lot of experience
This team has experience as well. There are actually signs of improvement. You just have to be thinking clearly and not clouded by negativity to see them.

Our TN Vols are just not a good football team. What happened in 2016 is irrelevant. We beat a bad UF team that year, barely beat UMASS, got beat by SC and smoked by Vandy. Stop with the excuses and just accept that we arent a good team.
Preach on brother. It isn’t being negative to acknowledge that this team just isn’t very good. They may yet be able to steal a couple of games and have a decent season, but let’s be clear: they will be picked to lose every conference game. If they don’t knock off UF they will probably lose every one of them. They have KY and MO at home. Vandy in Nashville. I don’t see any other conference games as possible wins.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Preach on brother. It isn’t being negative to acknowledge that this team just isn’t very good. They may yet be able to steal a couple of games and have a decent season, but let’s be clear: they will be picked to lose every conference game. If they don’t knocknoff UF they will probably lose every one of them. They have KY and MO at home. Vandy in Nashville. I don’t see any other conference games as possible wins.

At this point it is what it is. I hate saying that but at some point you have to accept reality. UF is a bad team but given our history with them, I just cannot predict a win. UK and Vandy look improved. Missouri seems to have a terrible defense. But it wouldnt surprise me if when we play them, their D plays lights out.

Reactions: Volatility
If they don’t knock off UF they will probably lose every one of them.
^^^^^^^^This... This right here is negativity^^^^^^^ So the outcome of one game will determine the whole season? There's no room for practice and improvement? I'm so glad people like you arent the ones suiting up and playing these games.

I was one of the few who predicted 4 wins before the season started. JG and the defense as a whole have already far exceeded my expectations. Next week will provide some significant evidence as to how the conference schedule will go. I'm not one to change my prediction on the fly, but at least one extra win would not surprise me at this point. If they get it and/or more, seems like a pretty good start to the Pruitt era to me. Without knowing the injury situation, I think next week is a field goal or less either way.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Ive looked at more than just today and i can say we concidence, we aint very good. Spin it all you want.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Our TN Vols are just not a good football team. What happened in 2016 is irrelevant. We beat a bad UF team that year, barely beat UMASS, got beat by SC and smoked by Vandy. Stop with the excuses and just accept that we arent a good team.
We didn’t play UMASS in 2016.

8g3A.gif

Ive looked at more than just today and i can say we concidence, we aint very good. Spin it all you want.
You can't see the improvement through your cloud of negativity.

For example, you fail to acknowledge the fact that we scored 17 more points (59) against ETSU last week than we did in our highest scoring game last year (42).

And the shutout today was our first shutout since 2016. You can say that UTEP is the worst team in the country all you want, but a shutout is a shutout is a shutout. We gave them great field position off a muffed punt and our defense still stuffed them. That is something we definitely wouldn't have been able to do last season.

When was the last time we played like crap, even against a bad team, and still won in blowout fashion? How many nailbiters has Tennessee had against bad teams lately? A lot....

When was the last time we played awful and still won in a shutout? I cant recall a game like that in recent years.... In the UTEP game, Tennessee turned the ball over several times and was flagged 8 times for over 60 yards. You don't win many games when you make that many mistakes.... Much less win in a shutout.
That is a testament to our improving defense.
This is all obvious stuff that is easy to see when you arent being a miserable nega.

Last edited:

At some point, this team will click on all cylinders. It will all come together. Will it be against Florida or will it against UNC Charlotte?

OP, it would be easier to follow your viewpoints if you would calm down a bit and drop the “I’m better than you people” schtick. This is a discussion forum, not just a rah rah vols are the best Facebook group. People are going to feel differently than you about this team. Doesn’t make them bad fans.

You make some good points, but there are plenty of people here who find these things unacceptable for TN football so they don’t readily accept the excuses.

It felt like we played the whole game is if it was already a blowout. I promise you, we could have beat them by a lot more if CJP really wanted to.

Reactions: bolvols
Also don’t forget it was a noon game.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
OP, it would be easier to follow your viewpoints if you would calm down a bit and drop the “I’m better than you people” schtick. This is a discussion forum, not just a rah rah vols are the best Facebook group. People are going to feel differently than you about this team. Doesn’t make them bad fans.

You make some good points, but there are plenty of people here who find these things unacceptable for TN football so they don’t readily accept the excuses.
No, there are plenty of people here that just don't know football. Good post by the OP followed by the usual junk fans.

Yes you absolutely can.

VN Store

Back