President Trump Lies that 3,000 American Citizens Didn't Die

With Trump you never know if he's lying or just tweeting from his kingdom in la la land.

Reactions: TN Ribs
Seems like some double speak coming from him. confusing but nothing wrong. 3000 people didn't die, but later yeah they said 3000 people died.
"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000," he said in a tweet Thursday morning as Carolinians prepared to be pummeled by Hurricane Florence.

An old lady dying a month after the storm from a heart attack shouldn't be counted in the stats. So no, he's not lying.

It's almost equivalent to the school shooting stats, fire a gun in the vicinity of a school it's a school shooting.

When the foundation of your argument consists of hyperbole, you should consider backing away from the 'post reply' button.

An old lady dying a month after the storm from a heart attack shouldn't be counted in the stats.

And what evidence is there that this is actually happening?

The death toll was the product of independent research from multiple institutes, it’s not just a lazy tally of every single person who died in PR for 3 months

The death toll was the product of independent research from multiple institutes, it’s not just a lazy tally of every single person who died in PR for 3 months
I just want to see the evidence.

This wouldn’t even be an issue if Trump wasn’t foolishly blamed for all of the deaths.

There were a ton of failures that created the chaos after the hurricanes - much of it began long before trump. The response was sht, but the infrastructure there was awful and a result of years of corruption and failure to plan.

Still, trump suggesting the response was "tremendous" (it wasn't) and that the deaths weren't a result of hurricanes is stupid. If I were listening to him tout PR as a "success" while simultaneously telling North and South Carolinians that 'everything is super ready' for Florence - it'd be disconcerting.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

Help me out with the math, not my strong suite. PR has a normal death rate of 8.1% per 1000 residents, they have 3.4 million residents. How many die on average per year?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/trump-puerto-rico-death-toll/index.html

I mean come on guys. This is like saying the death toll from 9/11 isn't true.

I watched that storm pretty closely and don't remember those kind of numbers being issued at the time. I could easily be wrong but that would make the death toll 3 times higher than Katrina and more than any hurricane since Galveston in 1900. Would that not have been much bigger news, so much that everyone would know about it? If 3,000 were killed that was a horrible, horrible storm.

Help me out with the math, not my strong suite. PR has a normal death rate of 8.1% per 1000 residents, they have 3.4 million residents. How many die on average per year?

Well, based on those numbers, we’re talking about an island with 2-3 times as many people as New Orleans, with worse infrastructure, being hit by a stronger storm (Katrina was a Category 4 by landfall in NO). Katrina killed around 2,000 people. What type of death toll would you expect in Puerto Rico?

Well, based on those numbers, we’re talking about an island with 2-3 times as many people as New Orleans, with worse infrastructure, being hit by a stronger storm (Katrina was a Category 4 by landfall in NO). Katrina killed around 2,000 people. What type of death toll would you expect in Puerto Rico?

Can't do the math either?

I watched that storm pretty closely and don't remember those kind of numbers being issued at the time. I could easily be wrong but that would make the death toll 3 times higher than Katrina and more than any hurricane since Galveston in 1900. Would that not have been much bigger news, so much that everyone would know about it? If 3,000 were killed that was a horrible, horrible storm.

It’s almost like it was one of the strongest Atlantic hurricanes in history, or something.

Funny how you conveniently dodge the premise of hog’s post, then deflect to infrastructure and metro population.

New Orleans is in a bowl. A large portion of the city is BELOW sea level. Hurricane damage and death tolls are not transitive, regardless the category of the storm.

Nice to see that we have some armchair “Jim Cantores” here.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeD
I just want to see the evidence.

This wouldn’t even be an issue if Trump wasn’t foolishly blamed for all of the deaths.

Did you push for evidence when Trump said:

"The number of illegal immigrants in the United States is "30 million, it could be 34 million" or: "I watched in Jersey City, N.J. where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as the World Trade Center collapsed" or Ted Cruz’s father was with Lee Harvey Oswald before the assassination of President John F. Kennedy"............or the other thousands of lies this POS has told the nation.

VN Store

Back