Assuming no Wednesday practice?

Yea have to have my Fingers fix toooo!!! No effort though??? Sounds like butch days. Coach will fix that!

IDK about "no practice" but CJP more or less said that "there wasn't no effort out there in practice today!" Major regression from Tuesday and he let the boys know straight up what he thought.
That’s not what he said. He said today’s practice was “not near as sharp as yesterday’s practice”....said “we let external factors (muggy weather today compared to great weather yesterday) affect how we practiced”. Talked about having good leaders on the team but nobody willing to confront their teammates when it was needed.

At no point did he say “there wasn’t no major effort” or that there was a “major regression”. Just didn’t say it. As a matter fact, at the end of his opening statement, he said “not as a good a practice as we’d like to have seen, but we still got some good work done”.

That’s a pretty far cry from what you said.

Pruitt confirms the team had a wonderful day of practice and he's proud of all the great leaders on this team.

1536802920465.gif

1536803356658.gif

Pruitt warns players not to lose their heads over a little piece of tail

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Not exactly a rousing endorsement of Warrior's potential there at the end. lol. Granted, we can see that ourselves but it is nice, I suppose to finally have a coach tell us the truth rather than "Everything is FINE".

Not exactly a rousing endorsement of Warrior's potential there at the end. lol. Granted, we can see that ourselves but it is nice, I suppose to finally have a coach tell us the truth rather than "Everything is FINE".

He doesn’t seem willing to say any player is better than “good” or has the potential to be any better than how hard they work. I like it. Nothing negative being said. Just straight up objective reality assessment. We can all see Warrior flying around making plays, but he’s had some awful coaching the last few years. If he totally buys in and keeps working hard I think he’ll be another Pruitt DB that gets drafted.

Warrior, like Kongbo, Richmond, and countless other highly rated players are busts so far.

Reactions: jeff1vol

If it was Butch, we'd have people here complaining he was throwing Warrior under the bus or blaming the players. Thank God for the new coach honeymoon period. Now, if we could only do something about the old coach ex-spouse syndrome.

Pruitt will have to fight the Butch Jones effect all season. I figure some are used to loafing in practice when he was here and glad to see Pruitt trying to turn that around.

Reactions: feathersax
He doesn’t seem willing to say any player is better than “good” or has the potential to be any better than how hard they work. I like it. Nothing negative being said. Just straight up objective reality assessment. We can all see Warrior flying around making plays, but he’s had some awful coaching the last few years. If he totally buys in and keeps working hard I think he’ll be another Pruitt DB that gets drafted.
Every assessment is open-ended. He would rather comment on how the work translates on the field after it has happened. I think he was pretty open in his comments - at least as critical as the situation allows. I can't wait to see him with a team he has conjured himself.

If it was Butch, we'd have people here complaining he was throwing Warrior under the bus or blaming the players. Thank God for the new coach honeymoon period. Now, if we could only do something about the old coach ex-spouse syndrome.

Coming from Butch, it would have seemed like throwing a player under the bus to cover his poor play calling and terrible scheme. No one is suggesting Pruitt is unable to call defenses or coach up top talent and Pruitt calls it as he sees it. He doesnt tend to spare himself or his other coaches in those assessments either so when Pruitt says it, it doesnt seem like an excuse but a matter of fact. I do like that he is always focused on the best the player can be. Unfortunately, in a number of cases, that ceiling is not as high as we would like (or thought it was).

Reactions: Alto1
Coming from Butch, it would have seemed like throwing a player under the bus to cover his poor play calling and terrible scheme. No one is suggesting Pruitt is unable to call defenses or coach up top talent and Pruitt calls it as he sees it. He doesnt tend to spare himself or his other coaches in those assessments either so when Pruitt says it, it doesnt seem like an excuse but a matter of fact. I do like that he is always focused on the best the player can be. Unfortunately, in a number of cases, that ceiling is not as high as we would like (or thought it was).

“The BEST the player can be”.

I like this.

Never be satisfied with just being a starter.

I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Butch ever said anything that was all that different from what Pruitt (or most other coaches) say. After the WVU game, Pruitt was asked why the team looked so bad in the second-half and what was different from the first-half, when they looked so much better. He said that the coaches called good plays in the second-half, too, but the players just failed to execute. If you recall, the second-half was the half where we stunk. So he appeared to happily take credit for the first-half, but in the second-half it was the players' fault. Or at least that's how those comments surely would have been perceived if they had come from Butch. Honestly, I don't recall Butch ever saying anything that sounded any worse than that.

But Butch didn't win, so people were more likely to find fault with everything else about him -- especially how he talked,. Because we all know that talk doesn't count for anything. And there's nothing worse than someone who keeps talking when all the while they're not getting the job done. Pruitt hasn't won anything yet, either. I just hope he starts separating himself from Butch soon in a way that is significant and meaningful.

Pruitt will have to fight the Butch Jones effect all season. I figure some are used to loafing in practice when he was here and glad to see Pruitt trying to turn that around.

Loafing? or just confused sh1tless with psycho-babble being shouted over the loud speaker and confused as all hell with music, and general disarray?
like a deer in headlights.

I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Butch ever said anything that was all that different from what Pruitt (or most other coaches) say. After the WVU game, Pruitt was asked why the team looked so bad in the second-half and what was different from the first-half, when they looked so much better. He said that the coaches called good plays in the second-half, too, but the players just failed to execute. If you recall, the second-half was the half where we stunk. So he appeared to happily take credit for the first-half, but in the second-half it was the players' fault. Or at least that's how those comments surely would have been perceived if they had come from Butch. Honestly, I don't recall Butch ever saying anything that sounded any worse than that.

But Butch didn't win, so people were more likely to find fault with everything else about him -- especially how he talked,. Because we all know that talk doesn't count for anything. And there's nothing worse than someone who keeps talking when all the while they're not getting the job done. Pruitt hasn't won anything yet, either. I just hope he starts separating himself from Butch soon in a way that is significant and meaningful.

Well, CJP took some of the BLAME for the WV loss. . . . something you never heard from Botch.

VN Store

Back