Vol fan in Central Arkansas

terrimahan

I see lots of signs of Volunteer fans in Central Arkansas. Next weekend we are in Dallas and notice there is a Dallas gathering on game days to watch the Vols. We are going to crash that gathering for the weekend. Got me thinking...anyone on here from Central Arkansas and have an interest in setting up some sort of gathering at a local sports bar (or any sort of restaurant with a back room and tv and alcohol) to watch the Vols during the season?

Right now its my kids families and myself that usually gather at my house to watch but would be fun to have a bigger crowd as I see more and more UT stickers and plates on cars around!

I went to school in Little Rock, and the best thing that came out of a horrible first marriage is still there. My 15yo is a freshman at Catholic. We don’t see each other as much as we’d like, but we make a point to get to one game a year (Florida two years show was a highlight). If you get something going, I’ll definitly make the trek from Nashville to LR to watch a game with fellow Vols fans and my favorite Rocket. My boy gets a lot of flack from his friends for his blood running Orange in a sea of Hogs, but he knows what’s up. I can’t wait for his dedication to the Vols to be paid back by Pruitt and the boys over the next few years!!

I see lots of signs of Volunteer fans in Central Arkansas. Next weekend we are in Dallas and notice there is a Dallas gathering on game days to watch the Vols. We are going to crash that gathering for the weekend. Got me thinking...anyone on here from Central Arkansas and have an interest in setting up some sort of gathering at a local sports bar (or any sort of restaurant with a back room and tv and alcohol) to watch the Vols during the season?

Right now its my kids families and myself that usually gather at my house to watch but would be fun to have a bigger crowd as I see more and more UT stickers and plates on cars around!

I live in Central Arkansas as well, nice to have fellow Vols in hog country. I’ve always said Arkansas is a very underrated state for its natural beauty, and the people here are great

Having spent some time at an Air Force base now closed in Arkansas years gone by I can attest that state and it's motto are totally true, it is the "land of opportunity." Because there's not much there! LOL, It has gotten better and the Ozarks are okay, but man along that I-40 corridor other than the spot they call Little Rock, it may as well be a moonscape. I feel for ya man, get back across the river to God's country when you can! GBO!!

Having spent some time at an Air Force base now closed in Arkansas years gone by I can attest that state and it's motto are totally true, it is the "land of opportunity." Because there's not much there! LOL, It has gotten better and the Ozarks are okay, but man along that I-40 corridor other than the spot they call Little Rock, it may as well be a moonscape. I feel for ya man, get back across the river to God's country when you can! GBO!!
Blytheville? I was there for 3 LONG years and 3 LONGER months! Lol

Blytheville? I was there for 3 LONG years and 3 LONGER months! Lol

You guys are talking about the absolute worst parts of Arkansas. It’s like making a generalization about the state of Tennessee based on that time you hung out in the worst neighborhood in Memphis

Blytheville was an appropriate name for that AFB. The rest of the state is a lot more scenic.

I travel regularly to Bentonville (guess who)...including this Wednesday...

Not a fan of that area. But the Ozarks are quite nice, and as my wife of 30 years calls him...my “boyfriend” lives there...I WANT his garden!

8dc4a0d5-d995-4b8f-94e5-d1698d7e48f1.jpg

You guys are talking about the absolute worst parts of Arkansas. It’s like making a generalization about the state of Tennessee based on that time you hung out in the worst neighborhood in Memphis

True, the Ozarks are full of beauty, especially in the fall, most people there are friendly, like an old favorite shoe.... Good folks plain as they come, real people

I’ve spent many a happy afternoon throwing discs at Burns park in North Little Rock. Best disc golf course I’ve ever played. And the lakes around Hot Springs are awesome. That being said the drive from Memphis to LR is torture. How many decades does it take to fix the interstate outside of West Memphis?!?!?

Reactions: malinoisvol

Hey I used to live in Conway and went to UCA. I live in Knoxville. I've been a Vol fan my entire life. Glad you are representing the Big Orange. What city are you living in?

I spent a lot of my youth in DeQueen and Mufreesboro and have traveled pretty much the whole state. It's got some pretty parts no doubt. Blytheville just isn't one of them. Lol. I did meet my wife in Blytheville, so we do have a sentimental attachment to it.

Anyone that was stationed there will tell you its not the end of the earth, but, you can see it from there. Haha

Reactions: The Original Fade
I spent a lot of my youth in DeQueen and Mufreesboro and have traveled pretty much the whole state. It's got some pretty parts no doubt. Blytheville just isn't one of them. Lol. I did meet my wife in Blytheville, so we do have a sentimental attachment to it.

Anyone that was stationed there will tell you its not the end of the earth, but, you can see it from there. Haha

Every two years, I go to Little Rock for military training to get recertified in HazMat.
It is a few hours drive from Nashville to THE ROCK
I always enjoy my time there. Plenty of things to do on the weekend

Small world; I spent five years in Polk County (Hatfield, Cove, and Vandervoort).

Reactions: malinoisvol
Hey I used to live in Conway and went to UCA. I live in Knoxville. I've been a Vol fan my entire life. Glad you are representing the Big Orange. What city are you living in?
I live in Conway as well. I work at the local sports station in LR so hear about the Hogs all the time. Grew up in Conway actually.

Been in LR for 7 years now. You can find Vols fans anywhere.
Right? I see there everywhere. I have vanity plates with GO VOLZ and I have folks always commenting and such. So thought for sure if we could find a few folks at least and start something local would be good. As I said my kids, their spouses and myself gather up and watch every weekend just about and usually attend a couple of games each year. I would gladly work to organize it if others would be interested.

I went to school in Little Rock, and the best thing that came out of a horrible first marriage is still there. My 15yo is a freshman at Catholic. We don’t see each other as much as we’d like, but we make a point to get to one game a year (Florida two years show was a highlight). If you get something going, I’ll definitly make the trek from Nashville to LR to watch a game with fellow Vols fans and my favorite Rocket. My boy gets a lot of flack from his friends for his blood running Orange in a sea of Hogs, but he knows what’s up. I can’t wait for his dedication to the Vols to be paid back by Pruitt and the boys over the next few years!!

I am with you on that. My little granddaughter says “you know what the razorbacks make me do...Throw up in my mouth a little bit” and the Razorback fans cant be mad because she is so little and cute. My son married and converted his wife from a long time Hog fan and he is waiting for her to be paid back for her dedication. She flipped from a Hog fan after several trips to Neyland with the one that pushed her being the last minute win against South Carolina three years ago I think when the place was just electric as usual. We will let you know if we get something together and next time you are in town for a game you can join us!

I live in Central Arkansas as well, nice to have fellow Vols in hog country. I’ve always said Arkansas is a very underrated state for its natural beauty, and the people here are great

Lived in Arkansas for virtually my whole live but my ex was a Vol fan who grew up in Chattanooga and after about three trips to Neyland I was hooked. Of course that was back in 94-96 so back when we ruled. Was in the stand with my kids first game to watch Tennessee beat Arkansas in what we affectionately call the Stoernover. I work at the local sports radio station so very interesting for me this time of year!

Reactions: The Original Fade
The Chenal area of LR is very nice! The closer you get to Fayetteville/Bentonville, the better it is.

Yes west LR is nice. I live in Conway which is also a good area. Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers area is very nice area of the state.

I travel regularly to Bentonville (guess who)...including this Wednesday...

Not a fan of that area. But the Ozarks are quite nice, and as my wife of 30 years calls him...my “boyfriend” lives there...I WANT his garden!

8dc4a0d5-d995-4b8f-94e5-d1698d7e48f1.jpg
[/QUOTE

P Allen Smith does have a fabulous garden for sure! His garden is in LR though...I think he does have a house in Eureka, right? Traveling back and forth to Bentonville would get old depending on the direction coming from thats for sure.

VN Store

Back