Windy's football discussion thread.

^^^^^

758a30f7199e7576ad01ccb72e245bc7.jpg

Reactions: hmanvolfan
Of course, the focus is on who will start at QB for the Vols. In a Knoxville News blurb praising Chryst, there was a bit of promise about the secondary - "Each quarterback was victimized by a newcomer in the Tennessee secondary on interceptions that were as much about sterling defensive efforts as anything else. Bryce Thompson picked off Chryst while Trevon Flowers snagged an interception off a Guarantano toss."

The season ticket book is a cool idea, but it's a missed opportunity I think.
I like the idea but kind of a depressing marketing stunt saying we are irrelevant. Love the tickets are legends at UT though. Got mine but 20 years!

Attachments

• 40D4AA39-8C61-4EFC-BEA6-4FD851BD71E5.jpeg
    40D4AA39-8C61-4EFC-BEA6-4FD851BD71E5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
From B/R: Anonymous Coach rips Saban

Nick Saban is generally recognized as one of the best—if not the best—college football coaches in the country after winning six national championships in his career.

However, at least one of his peers thinks the Alabama head coach is overrated.

"If you had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year [you'd win like Nick Saban]," an anonymous coach told Chip Patterson of CBSSports.com. "He shows up at every single game with a better roster than the teams he's playing."

"If you count cheating and getting the best players in the country as part of running a program, he's the best in the country," the coach added. "It's like saying an NFL coach is the best coach in the league if he gets 25 first-round picks every year."

From B/R: Anonymous Coach rips Saban

Nick Saban is generally recognized as one of the best—if not the best—college football coaches in the country after winning six national championships in his career.

However, at least one of his peers thinks the Alabama head coach is overrated.

"If you had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year [you'd win like Nick Saban]," an anonymous coach told Chip Patterson of CBSSports.com. "He shows up at every single game with a better roster than the teams he's playing."

"If you count cheating and getting the best players in the country as part of running a program, he's the best in the country," the coach added. "It's like saying an NFL coach is the best coach in the league if he gets 25 first-round picks every year."
I can't stand Alabama, but the bolded is the definition of butthurt. Recruiting the best and getting the most out of them is the job description. I'd love to know who the anonymous coach is.

Reactions: malinoisvol
But it is strange how he gets the best players in the country every year. I understand a lot of players want to play for a winning program but come on. I think the reason they win so much is because they have the coaches to make them better players. We have one of those coaches now.

VN Store

Back