Vols are basically returning 19 starters

bpalmer28

But you won't see it reported that way because Brandon Kennedy, Dominick Wood-Anderson, and Ty Chandler weren't starters last year.

Not counted in the 19 - Alontae Taylor, Jordan Allen, Bryce Thomson, and Jordan Murphy... freakin' BALLERS!!!

Get your popcorn ready.

Can’t wait! The rub comes with a)staying healthy, b) depth, and c) a ridiculous schedule mid season. GO VOLS!

Reactions: bpalmer28
It is crazy to think that last year we were missing arguably the 2 most talented/impactful players on both sides of the ball in DKJr and JJ. Not having those 2 guys had an undeniably huge impact on the overall struggles in 2017.

But you won't see it reported that way because Brandon Kennedy, Dominick Wood-Anderson, and Ty Chandler weren't starters last year.

Not counted in the 19 - Alontae Taylor, Jordan Allen, Bryce Thomson, and Jordan Murphy... freakin' BALLERS!!!

Get your popcorn ready.

How can they not count true freshmen as returning starters?? #everyonehatesus

Get your popcorn ready.
It's not reported that way because it's not that way. None of them started.....except for the freshmen (in HS) and Wood-Anderson (Juco).

It's not reported that way because it's not that way. None of them started.....except for the freshmen (in HS) and Wood-Anderson (Juco).
Don't miss the point my friend. I don't disagree with how news outlets report "returning starters". I'm just saying our team is as good as a team that does indeed have 19 returning starters. That's my thread title says "Vols are basically returning 19 starters"

Huh? Kenndy and Wood-Anderson are seasoned veterans and Chandler made some big plays last season. None of them are true freshmen.
Kennedy (7 games in mop up duty) and Wood-Anderson (juco). not exactly seasoned vets. But great additions.

Pointing out that players are returning starters implies a higher degree of familiarity with the system, which increases their effectiveness due to having a season or more of playing in the system.

So, one could argue that we are returning zero starters, since none of these guys played in Pruitt's offensive or defensive system last season.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
No, I'm arguing that there's little difference between the three guys I mentioned and a "returning starter".

In three seasons at Bama, Kennedy saw the field in 10 games and played less than 100 snaps. While I'm not saying that Kennedy can't or won't be a good pick up for the Vols, how in the world does that stat line indicate "little difference" between him and a returning starter?

And JUCO snaps are closer to high school than FBS.

VN Store

Back