Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not "mind" having Richmond at LT? If he plays LT this season then UT kids playin with possibly the worst LT in the SEC. He struuuuuggles.
I think Richmond is soft. At least that's how he's played up until this point. Not sure he's a player that'll mix well with this staff tbh. If he's at LT we have problems IMO.

Richmond is a player with potential that the previous staff was unable to develop. Maybe, hopefully, the new staff can tap that potential. It'll be interesting to see if he plays better this season.
He got reps at RT today so... We'll see

Richmond is a player with potential that the previous staff was unable to develop. Maybe, hopefully, the new staff can tap that potential. It'll be interesting to see if he plays better this season.
It’s also possible he just hasn’t played as well as we have hoped. I certainly don’t love the thought of him at LT

He got reps at RT today so... We'll see

I'm not saying he'll be a success. Lot depends on him, his attitude, and his work ethic. My point is simply let's see what the new staff can do with these players because we know Butch and staff were piss poor when it came to coaching players up. Several players have performed poorly based on our expectations. Now we get to see, is it because they were soft and overrated, or was it because they were poorly coached? I think that will be one of the more interesting things to see this season.

I'm not saying he'll be a success. Lot depends on him, his attitude, and his work ethic. My point is simply let's see what the new staff can do with these players because we know Butch and staff were piss poor when it came to coaching players up. Several players have performed poorly based on our expectations. Now we get to see, is it because they were soft and overrated, or was it because they were poorly coached? I think that will be one of the more interesting things to see this season.
Agreed.

Watching a replay of the ‘98 Arkansas game. I was at that game but this is the first time I’ve been able to see it on Tv. A few thoughts:

- Tee Martin really wasn’t very good —at least not that day. Terribly inaccurate.

- Travis Henry was a damn man. So powerful.

- We were so lucky. Honestly. God smiled on us.

Full confession ... I was standing in the breezeway on my way out when Stoerner fumbled. I saw the play but I was on my way out. That was the last time I gave up on the Vols.

Watching a replay of the ‘98 Arkansas game. I was at that game but this is the first time I’ve been able to see it on Tv. A few thoughts:

- Tee Martin really wasn’t very good —at least not that day. Terribly inaccurate.

- Travis Henry was a damn man. So powerful.

- We were so lucky. Honestly. God smiled on us.

Full confession ... I was standing in the breezeway on my way out when Stoerner fumbled. I saw the play but I was on my way out. That was the last time I gave up on the Vols.

I was there, too. Watching the replay, I didn't realize they were struggling with injuries to so many key guys during the game. Price, Wilson, and at least some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back