Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't get it but why are folks penciling in a guy who's only accolade is that he was 2nd team center at Bama to be an automatic starter for us? I get Trey, Drew, and a healthy Chance Hall but I'm not sure I think Kennedy is automatic.

“Second team at Alabama” is better than pretty much anyone else in the league.

They had mcglinchey penciled into one tackle spot though. Putting him and Nelson side by side was a no brainer

Yea i get it. I don’t think tackles are quite as important as they are in NFL because you’re not facing the elite pass rushers every week tho. I still have faith in drew.

Reactions: T Dog
I guess I don't get it but why are folks penciling in a guy who's only accolade is that he was 2nd team center at Bama to be an automatic starter for us? I get Trey, Drew, and a healthy Chance Hall but I'm not sure I think Kennedy is automatic.
Kennedy has been working with the ones from the moment he stepped foot on campus.

Reactions: T Dog
You could ask Notre Dame the same question regarding Quinton Nelson. You could have an A+ guard of a B or B+ Tackle.
Broached this in the hypothetical Wanya Morris/Darnell Wright LT/RT conversation. Then as now my take is that you play them at the spot they can do better than the other candidates or where there isn’t a deficiency. I posited that Morris seems meaner and able to impose a mauling presence than Wright while Wright could flourish at LT. Morris could be better than Wright on the blind side but there would be no deficiency. With Trey, I don’t see anyone that can man LT suitably but can be sufficient at guard. Wanted Quenton badly for my Bears so I’m familiar with your example, but Notre Dame had a first round pick at OT, so they could allow Nelson to concentrate and dominate. I’ve never bought the scouts who projected Trey as an OG exclusively. Based on last season I see him as the very rare Bruce Matthews type, who could be a Pro Bowler at OT, OG or C. Health permitting, a team will draft him and play him wherever they need him...and be happy.

Whoa dude. Pump the brakes on that go Vols excitement. Don't want people to expect anything good to happen this year. You should probably go with a "be mildly mediocre Vols."
1534383787075.gif
Eh scheme will help more than anything on that.
Agree. Is Richmond really still struggling that much, or are others just stepping up?

QB Narcisse at LSU reportedly may be leaving.

He's gone, going to Mississippi Gulf Coast College or somesuch. And, a 2nd of their 4 "even" QBs is also leaving, Justin McMillan.

That leaves them with two scholarship QBs, Burrow from Ohio State, and Brennan, neither of which has ever started a college game, if I'm not mistaken.

Because we don't have a true center other than him. The closest we have is Ryan Johnson, and he's more of a guard than centee
Very true; but, I think we'd be ok if Johnson did have to play there.
I'm sure we all have certain ones that we are anxious to see how they come along under this staff, some moreso than others...Johnson is one of those for me. I like the kid! True, die-hard, VFL. But Kennedy is the man at C.

Reactions: Rishvol
Yea i get it. I don’t think tackles are quite as important as they are in NFL because you’re not facing the elite pass rushers every week tho. I still have faith in drew.
I don’t mind Richmond at LT, but I have a hard time seeing Tatum being better than trey at RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back