Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you dug deeper into it, no one would know. But Butch actually had two years of no draft picks because he was re-tooling the roster.

Even so, Doeren didn't do much with the talent he developed or supposedly developed to be drafted. Not saying that Butch was great at developing talent, but those numbers are flawed and don't quite support the position that they are trying to support.

With that many 4/5* players there should have been more draft picks period. It doesn't matter if Jones was re-tooling the roster. If he was developing talent properly then that number should have been higher period.

247 is in the process of updating the 2018 team talent composite rankings but they don’t have everything done on the individual rosters yet. The numbers will adjust a little bit as 247 completes their work in the next several days but as it stands right now the average composite rating of our top 40 guys (talent-wise) is 0.9287. The average for WVU’s top 40 players (which I expect to increase marginally) right now stands at 0.8475.

Ainge said yesterday that we were one of the best teams and one of the most athletic teams that WVU will face this year.

WVU has a proven pass attack. We don’t and since everyone gets thrills from that aspect of the game they are dominating in the preseason perceptions arena.

Both teams have a lot of upperclassmen but they have the advantage of mostly being in the same systems for their entire careers. Around 72.5% of our top 40 guys participated in full contact in the spring. Around 7.5% were on injured reserve in the spring. Around 17.5% arrived on campus at the beginning of June and one guy (2.5%) has yet to report.

I think the only question we have is will our staff have had enough time to get our guys ready to play at or near their industry perceived talent level by the time we get to Charlotte.

“We’ve got some guys that I feel like can play winning football,” Pruitt said following Sunday’s scrimmage, which was closed to media. “They have the talent. They have the want-to. We’ve got to teach them kind of the know-how, how we want it done.”

Edit to add for reference: Alabama top 40 = 0.9717, Georgia's Roster isn't up yet, Auburn top 40 = 0.9250, Florida top 40 = 0.9031, South Carolina top 40 = 0.8860.

Last edited:
247 is in the process of updating the 2018 team talent composite rankings but they don’t have everything done on the individual rosters yet. The numbers will adjust a little bit as 247 completes their work in the next several days but as it stands right now the average composite rating of our top 40 guys (talent-wise) is 0.9287. The average for WVU’s top 40 players (which I expect to increase marginally) right now stands at 0.8475.

Ainge said yesterday that we were one of the best teams and one of the most athletic teams that WVU will face this year.

WVU has a proven pass attack. We don’t and since everyone gets thrills from that aspect of the game they are dominating in the preseason perceptions arena.

Both teams have a lot of upperclassmen but they have the advantage of mostly being in the same systems for their entire careers. Around 72.5% of our top 40 guys participated in full contact in the spring. Around 7.5% were on injured reserve in the spring. Around 17.5% arrived on campus at the beginning of June and one guy (2.5%) has yet to report.

I think the only question we have is will our staff have had enough time to get our guys ready to play at or near their industry perceived talent level by the time we get to Charlotte.
I hope you are bookmarking some of this wizardry to recall for the pregame thread. :)

I’m thinking through a way we can maybe go more in depth on a week to week basis. I’ll pitch you an idea soon. We can discuss over email “myVNusername”@yahoo.com if you’d like. Then we can pitch a clean product all at once

Just swapped from PSVue to YouTube tv and I love it. Get local channels and all the sports channels. Unlimited DVR storage. Hard to beat for $40 a month.

How is the streaming and the streaming quality? Do you use a separate app or the regular YouTube app?

Chatt I was listening to Podcast Ain’t Played Nobody, and they had Kevin Kelley on to talk some numbers. He brought up an interesting stat, which is that teams that gained four yards or more on the first play of a drive went on to score 70% of the time. I was wondering if you had any intel on Helton coached teams in this regard. I guess I could get off my ass and do it myself, though.

How is the streaming and the streaming quality? Do you use a separate app or the regular YouTube app?
You can use either one. My Xbox One for instance has the dedicated app but my laptop doesn't so I just use the YouTubeTV website. Quality is excellent, I run 60 mbps and routinely have at least 3 things running on Wi-Fi. No issue whatsoever.

Just swapped from PSVue to YouTube tv and I love it. Get local channels and all the sports channels. Unlimited DVR storage. Hard to beat for $40 a month.

Do you know if local channels are available in all markets? I'm on the verge of cutting the cable and have been considering installing an "old style" antenna to pick up the local stations. The main reason is to be sure I can get games that are broadcast on Fox, ABC, CBS, etc. If I don't need the antenna, that's a further savings. I'm still going to need some sort of device (Fire stick, etc.) for each tv, right?

Lastly, how does your HD picture compare to cable or DirecTV? That's somewhat of a concern as well.

Do you know if local channels are available in all markets? I'm on the verge of cutting the cable and have been considering installing an "old style" antenna to pick up the local stations. The main reason is to be sure I can get games that are broadcast on Fox, ABC, CBS, etc. If I don't need the antenna, that's a further savings. I'm still going to need some sort of device (Fire stick, etc.) for each tv, right?

Lastly, how does your HD picture compare to cable or DirecTV? That's somewhat of a concern as well.
HD picture quality is excellent. You won't necessarily need one if you have either a smart tv with the app built in or a device that has the app like an XB1. As of February 2018, Google removed YTTV from the Fire Stick. It will however work with a Roku. If you are near a major market, you will get all the local channels for that market plus any games broadcast on ABC, NBC, etc. I live in Murfreesboro and I get any in market games on the main channels plus the Braves and Preds on regional sports channels.

I have PSVue and it comes with the local Fox Channel in HD. I added the CBS App($5.99 per month) which allows me to watch live TV for the SEC games or bball, golf, etc. I tried the antenna, but since I live in the Mountains I couldn't get a decent signal. Also, for us it was cheaper to bundle internet and the bottom basic channels 1-13 with AT&T than it was to simply subscribe to their internet.

I would highly recommend Apple TV for your device to stream the live TV package you choose. I have both Apple TV and Roku in my house and its really not comparable how superior Apple TV is.

In regards to picture, it is very comparable to the AT&T Uverse I had before I cut the cord.

I may need to switch from Sling to youtube tv, I can already feel my arm itching from missing football on Sundays.

HD picture quality is excellent. You won't necessarily need one if you have either a smart tv with the app built in or a device that has the app like an XB1. As of February 2018, Google removed YTTV from the Fire Stick. It will however work with a Roku. If you are near a major market, you will get all the local channels for that market plus any games broadcast on ABC, NBC, etc. I live in Murfreesboro and I get any in market games on the main channels plus the Braves and Preds on regional sports channels.
I see that it only keeps the DVR stuff for 9 months. I sometimes keep movies and games longer (for example I still have 2016 Florida and Georgia DVR'd). Is this accurate?

I have DirectvNow and prefer that over slingtv. My bigger issue is going over my monthly data allowance. I only have 15mbps speed so it’s spotty with 2 other devices streaming. My options are limited since I live in the country. I’m sure there’s something better I just haven’t found it yet.

I see that it only keeps the DVR stuff for 9 months. I sometimes keep movies and games longer (for example I still have 2016 Florida and Georgia DVR'd). Is this accurate?
Hmm, I have never kept anything that long to verify but that seems to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back