Mountaineer fan here!

CliveWVU

I wanted to drop in and say hello and looking forward to the game in three weeks. We travel to TN often and this is a great matchup for me because the Vols are my second favorite team (hope you guys goes 11-1).

Anyways, I expect more Mountaineers hoping over and posting soon so we will all have some fun times ahead. Should be a good game, much respect to Tenn. Every program goes through hard times and I really expect Tennessee has finally found their man.

I wanted to drop in and say hello and looking forward to the game in three weeks. We travel to TN often and this is a great matchup for me because the Vols are my second favorite team (hope you guys goes 11-1).

Anyways, I expect more Mountaineers hoping over and posting soon so we will all have some fun times ahead. Should be a good game, much respect to Tenn. Every program goes through hard times and I really expect Tennessee has finally found their man.

WGWYFA

Welcome to volnation .

Welcome to VolNation. There are a lot of great folks milling about. Don't mind the roughians

Welcome to VN, Clive.. so, we all know about Grier and the WRs and the explosive offense.. curious to get your take on the D ? I’ve seen posts of people saying that last year it was a glaring weakness, but didn’t really watch y’all play any last year and haven’t looked into stats too much..

Any thoughts? Overall position strengths and weaknesses ? Didn’t you guys get a D grad transfer recently? Curious to get your take..

Looking fwd to a good game with the boys in orange getting the W !

Welcome pull up a chair and set a spell. Never mind some of the posters most here like some friendly discussion. Enjoy the game even though we are going to win .

Welcome to VN, Clive.. so, we all know about Grier and the WRs and the explosive offense.. curious to get your take on the D ? I’ve seen posts of people saying that last year it was a glaring weakness, but didn’t really watch y’all play any last year and haven’t looked into stats too much..

Any thoughts? Overall position strengths and weaknesses ? Didn’t you guys get a D grad transfer recently? Curious to get your take..

Looking fwd to a good game with the boys in orange getting the W !

Last year, our D was a weakness. It was partially due to injuries but also that the D was on the field too much. We scored too fast or went 3 and out, especially after Grier got hurt. I do think the offense will be explosive but will feature some better ball control to help the D rest some. Our O Line is big and experienced.

We got two grad transfers on the D Line, one from Clemson and the other from USC. Both big guys that should shore up the line. I expect it to be much better (and bigger) than last year and we have a freshman that is turning heads in practice. Our starting LBs are good, David Long is the one to watch for here. He will be in the backfield all day against everyone we play. But depth is a big question at LB. The secondary is my personal unknown. I’ve heard good things from practice and we have back some good talent and more experience but until I see it on the field, I won’t know.

Hope that answers some questions. Should be a dogfight, lots of fans excited and both teams jacked up and hungry for an opening win.

pcvss.jpg

Seriously though, welcome.

Welcome and thanks for posting! Glad to have you.

VN Store

Back