Trump says US will institute tariffs on steel and aluminum imports next week

Its a game of chicken, who will jerk the wheel first. If its not done now we will never get into Chinese markets with our goods. They have taken protectionism to another level using the Japanese model (import only raw materials). The company my wife works for is a heavy Chinese importer and they have stopped ordering goods until further notice. I am not worried, for the 10 employees here there are 10,000 on the China side. I like our odds.

Reactions: davethevol
Its a game of chicken, who will jerk the wheel first. If its not done now we will never get into Chinese markets with our goods. They have taken protectionism to another level using the Japanese model (import only raw materials). The company my wife works for is a heavy Chinese importer and they have stopped ordering goods until further notice. I am not worried, for the 10 employees here there are 10,000 on the China side. I like our odds.
My customers aren’t ordering anything new just existing items. Was able to get most of the tariff covered by the Chinese.

What does your wife’s company import?

I hate that part about him. Like swallowing something sour. He feels like the news media does not recognize any achievements and slants even good news to make it seem bad. On this point I agree.
Ironically, they feed on each other, as much as they claim to hate each other.

Somebody has to be. The MSM hates everything he does.

Stay outraged.

Trump told Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes in November of 2016 that his "fake news" mantra wasn't even genuine. Basically, he does it to proactively discredit any negative stories which surface. The "fake news" mantra keeps him from having to defuse the story itself. He just has to attack the messenger. That mantra can be effective as long as his core base of support is indoctrinated with it every day... and sure enough, the one thing that Trump never fails to say every day is "the media is fake news".

"And he said, 'You know why I do it? I do it to demean you all and discredit you all, so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you,' " Stahl said.

'60 Minutes' correspondent: Trump said he attacks the press so no one believes negative coverage

How is Trump's trashing of the messenger any different from what the Clintons perfected with the "bimbo eruptions?" Trump learned from the masters. He is a very shrewd politician.

Congratulations on being just like the Clintons?

tenor.gif

Is this Leslie stahl claiming he told her this or is it on video? She's a liberal jack wagon of loother proportions is why I ask.
You don't believe her? I didn't think this was any dramatic revelation. It's pretty obvious this has been Trump's strategy from the beginning. It allows him to control the message without having a state-run media, like more authoritarian countries. Pretty brilliant, honestly.

You don't believe her? I didn't think this was any dramatic revelation. It's pretty obvious this has been Trump's strategy from the beginning. It allows him to control the message without having a state-run media, like more authoritarian countries. Pretty brilliant, honestly.

If it’s not on tape no. She pulled the same crap when Reagan was in office and I still don’t understand how it didn’t cost her her career.

If it’s not on tape no. She pulled the same crap when Reagan was in office and I still don’t understand how it didn’t cost her her career.

Wow. The level of delusion is staggering.

Reactions: Mick
Wow. The level of delusion is staggering.

He need pictures of the moment when insertion occured. He says no because it wasn't on tape then he says she did the same thing with Reagan which there is no tape of.

VN Store

Back