Gator fans smell like **** thread

I wonder what the posts would look like here if UT hired a guy with 9 years HC experience, who led a bottom feeder program to a #1 ranking, left that bottom feeder program as its all-time winningest coach....while UF hired what many considered to be Muschamp 2.0 (former coordinator with no HC experience with a reputation for being a good recruiter).

I guess you play the hand you’re dealt.
I wouldn’t have blasted him after the hire. Would’ve been prepared for a whole lot of meh due to his sucky recruiting. Prolly would have cast shade at Pruitt in Gainesville...and then shut up and prepared myself to take it when I saw the staff he hired and the recruiting. Yahtzee!

I wonder what the posts would look like here if UT hired a guy with 9 years HC experience, who led a bottom feeder program to a #1 ranking, left that bottom feeder program as its all-time winningest coach....while UF hired what many considered to be Muschamp 2.0 (former coordinator with no HC experience with a reputation for being a good recruiter).

I guess you play the hand you’re dealt.

We would be birdwalking with our chests out just like now. I’d personally be a little more confident about the long term future but everyone is undefeated right now so hope springs eternal.

You missed my point entirely. Mullen got results at a garbage dump program like Miss St, and because of that he will crush it at UF where he will have unlimited resources to win.
No I completely get what your saying. I’m disagreeing with you that he’ll do better here. Some coaches can’t handle the big scene with real high expectations. He’s a great coach for a school that will give him 8 years even if he isn’t dominating at first. In my opinion, it’s going to take too long at Florida for him to meet fans expectations. When he does worse then projected, fans are going to become very impatient, forcing them to redo this process in a few years.

The OP agreed with the comparison
The OP agrees there are personality similarities, I’m not saying he’s a worse coach then Butch Jones cause he’s not. He’s a great offensive mind. I was just saying they are both very cheesy and come off as used car salesman.

Lol some of y’all don’t even realize how terrible miss st was before Mullen more often then not they were a 2-3 win team

As far as coaching, Mullen is in a different league. But he's just as corny and nerdy as Butch was
Nah in all the time he was at miss st he didn’t say half the dumbass **** Butch did in his time with UT

Y’all should know this better then anybody

Nah in all the time he was at miss st he didn’t say half the dumbass **** Butch did in his time with UT

Y’all should know this better then anybody
He's making up for it at Florida. Gators after dark and that cornball photo with him kneeling down showing moose knuckle. He's definitely got some Lyle in him

Reactions: butchna
Some really home run threads in the Around the NCAA forum.....

Georgia is apparently Ole Miss 2.0 (nope) and Mullen is the new Butch Jones (nope).

I’m not sure Mullen gets 3-4 years to prove he can win at Florida. I mean they did just fire a dude who won the SEC east 2 times in the past 3 years. Lol.

But even if they give Mullen 3-4 years...if his recruiting doesn’t seriously improve...and in a hurry...what condition does that leave Florida’s roster in 3-4 years?

The stage in Gainesville is ALOT bigger than the stage in Starkville and Mullen seems to fluster easily if he’s asked a question he wasn’t ready for, the discipline bug is biting him right now and the I’m not sure he could recruit a drowning man into a life boat from the looks of it.

Just my opinion, but it’s hard to tell sometimes that he was the HC of an SEC school for a decade before he got to Florida. Maybe he coaches Florida to an SEC east title this year. Who knows really. But I’m actually a little surprised by Mullen’s shakiness right now tbh. Never expected that. I honestly Thought he was a homerun hire. (Still might be). But I’m not as sold on that now as I once was.

Muschamp was given a fourth year after 4-8 and Mac would have gotten his fourth year if he didn’t screw himself with the death threats ****

Mullen won’t have the same troubles the last 2 did with putting a competent QB/offense on the field

I’ll wait till he’s actually coached a game before deciding what could be a problem but I’m confident that won’t be one of them at least not for 3 or 4 years straight where UF has horrid offense

Hell im hopeful he makes Mac look like a damn fool this year and shows people there’s actually quite a bit of talent on UF offense

As far as recruiting he’s not great but last years class had a far better blue chip ratio then any of Mac’s if you include the 2 WR transfers Van Jefferson and Trevon Grimes who just got cleared to play in 2018 season the class was almost 70% four stars I’ll take that in a transition year after a terrible season on the field any day

Getting those 2 eligible is huge along with getting Jordan Scarlett back

If Malik Davis is really ready to go too Mullen gonna have some good pieces to play with

Last edited:
If Mullen can survive the pressure at Florida he will do well. At Miss St going to a bowl was good enough. I think schools like Miss St are easier to win at than people think due to the lower expectations.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
I’ll say this UF and UT have both made bad hires recently but i damn sure wouldn’t trade Mullen for Pruitt not after Mac and Muschamp before sure I probably would just for recruiting chops but Muschamp brought that too in the end it didn’t matter

UF needs to get the offense right and coach up a damn QB

Plus just look at the team Miss st is fielding this year it’s actually really fricking good hell I’d give MSU a chance against any team in the conference in 2018 even Bama they return damn near everybody they almost won last yr so they should go into that game feeling like they know they can play with them boys and beat em

Last edited:
I’ll say this UF and UT have both made bad hires recently but i damn sure wouldn’t trade Mullen for Pruitt not after Mac and Muschamp before sure I probably would just for recruiting chops but Muschamp brought that too in the end it didn’t matter

UF needs to get the offense right and coach up a damn QB

Plus just look at the team Miss st is fielding this year it’s actually really fricking good hell I’d give MSU a chance against any team in the conference in 2018 even Bama they return damn near everybody they almost won last yr so they should go into that game feeling like they know they can play with them boys and beat em
MSU will lose to Alabama,Auburn and LSU this season and go 9-3

I seriously doubt they lose to LSU lol no big time experienced RB like guice or fournette this year oh yea and the fact that Miss st embarrassed the hell out of LSU last year ya I don’t think so on that one

They could definitely beat Aub too IMO but who knows LSU tho I’m confident they win

I mean seriously idk if you forgot but after seeing this you think LSU wins that game?

Mullen does need to get his recruiting in order or he will be gone in 3 years. Can’t win in this league without talent.

VN Store

Back