Jalen Hurd on Baylor and leaving Tennessee...

I've been ok.

Actually, no I haven't. It's been a really hard year. Don't know why I'm saying this on a message board, just too tired to put up a front, I guess.
This damn thing has taken me for everything I had and the future I wanted for my family. Just "being there" for my kids as they grow is the attempted goal now.

Already regret typing this and feel a small sense of relief, guess we'll find out if I hit submit haha.

I hate to hear that, really do. I came across one of your posts the other day and meant to ask.

Here's to better days my friend.

Reactions: 1 person
I wish him well. Ready to focus on our players and coaches = Team. I'm hoping we do not have the circus events with Coach Pruitt. Just block, tackle, score, and come back to the huddle or sidelines like that great play you just made was expected and is a regular happening. No more dropping balls on the one yard line and kicking them through the end zone for the other team, piling on 15 yard penalties after the whistle, and no targeting please. Just make it like bizziness...win, win, win....do not tear down goal posts, just win.

I've been ok.

Actually, no I haven't. It's been a really hard year. Don't know why I'm saying this on a message board, just too tired to put up a front, I guess.
This damn thing has taken me for everything I had and the future I wanted for my family. Just "being there" for my kids as they grow is the attempted goal now.

Already regret typing this and feel a small sense of relief, guess we'll find out if I hit submit haha.

When health’s out of your own control, that’s gotta be scary. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family...the only ones who’s thoughts and feelings you need concern yourself with. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
I hate to hear that, really do. I came across one of your posts the other day and meant to ask.

Here's to better days my friend.

Despite me not being forthcoming, you, Behr, Jp, all asking has been really cool. Message board stuff may be trivial in my condition but I enjoy it because of you guys.

Now, you may wanna check on Behr and KB's blood pressure.

Reactions: 2 people
Michael Jordan quit about 10 times between baseball and basketball combined but that’s ok cause he’s MJ.

I wish Jalen the best of luck. It’s his life. Maybe if more players had quit on Jones we could have got rid of him sooner.

When health’s out of your own control, that’s gotta be scary. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family...the only ones who’s thoughts and feelings you need concern yourself with. :hi:

Knowing everything you've been through and still as full force as you are, I'll gladly take your advice.

Thanks Butchna.

Reactions: 3 people
Despite me not being forthcoming, you, Behr, Jp, all asking has been really cool. Message board stuff may be trivial in my condition but I enjoy it because of you guys.

All the same. Hope things take a better turn in near future.

As trivial as it is, it is interesting to know y'all without really knowing yall.

It's interesting to see the back and forths.

Reactions: 3 people
Eddie George never had a massive knee injury. Pretty sure he never had even a slight injury.

And when did Hurd ever have an injury that led to him having a “hard time walking”? Would appreciate an article or video to prove it.

It was an ankle and toe. Ankle was brought on by toe I think. I was wrong. But to compare a college back to a unique rib like George is insane. Average height is way shorter now and always has been.

I am not posting a video. I don’t even have one. I never said hey let’s shoot a video to let volnatiin know you are hurt. Sheesh.

Prayers for you sir. Prayers for health for you and your family and love from those who matter.

I've been ok.

I try not to ask how you're doing every time I see you, but know that I always want to. Sure hate hearing this.

Like Butchna said, a bunch of us are always here. Don't ever hesitate.

I try not to ask how you're doing every time I see you, but know that I always want to. Sure hate hearing this.

Like Butchna said, a bunch of us are always here. Don't ever hesitate.

I'm pretty sure I flew over your neck of swamp last nite about 9:30

Let me help some who may have a skewed and retarded view of the word "hate" within my head. I have hate for the amount of people you can count on less than the fingers of two human hands. One of those is a Palestinian intel agent known as The Mule who followed me all over Saudi Arabia from Dammam, mostly in Riyadh, all the way to Taif on the way to Makkah/Mecca which I had permission to enter but did not as my purpose had been solved before I arrived. This occurred while I lived there 1998-2000, prior to the 9/11 event. There is not a doubt in my mind now that I'm no longer constrained that were The Mule and I to cross paths again anywhere in the world (including Disneyland, The Happiest Place on Earth) again one of us would not leave that meeting alive. It's personal between us now as I do hate him and he very likely feels the same. Therefore when it comes to young Jalen Hurd or any college football player there's probably nothing they could ever do short of treason to rise to where I would "hate" them. Hope this helps and perhaps even educates to assist some in better use of the term hate and tossing it around regardingcollege football players.

Let me help some who may have a skewed and retarded view of the word "hate" within my head.

That's all I read.

Its a Sports message board for Gods sake. Let me know the next time we really want to literally "kill Bama"

And didn't you say it was distasteful to promote a Baylor player on a Vols message board? Why are you still discussing it?

That's all I read.

Its a Sports message board for Gods sake. Let me know the next time we really want to literally "kill Bama"

And didn't you say it was distasteful to promote a Baylor player on a Vols message board? Why are you still discussing it?

Where have I promoted a Baylor player? I have discussed my distaste for promotion of a Baylor player here. I discussed why I found promotion of the Baylor player distasteful as compared to how he stacked up against other former UT RBs. I have also discussed your misuse of the term "hate." It's your strawman you've set up I'm promoting a Baylor player. You set it up you knock it down all you want.

Where have I promoted a Baylor player? I have discussed my distaste for promotion of a Baylor player here. I discussed why I found promotion of the Baylor player distasteful as compared to how he stacked up against other former UT RBs. I have also discussed your misuse of the term "hate." It's your strawman you've set up I'm promoting a Baylor player. You set it up you knock it down all you want.

Okay, my bad on your use of "promoting". I read your post and then butchnas right under it and thought you meant we shouldn't be discussing Hurd in the FF.

Okay, my bad on your use of "promoting". I read your post and then butchnas right under it and thought you meant we shouldn't be discussing Hurd in the FF.

It’s hard to keep track of points when we’re being strenuously educated. :huh:

Nice article. I hope Jason makes it at receiver. I could see him as a all pro tight end with proper training and experience. The work at receiver will build his skill set no matter where the nfl wants him.

It is a shame it went down the way it did. I was a Butch supporter and now regret that, as Butch did not respect his players the way he should. Apparently Butch couldn’t have an honest open conversation with his players. Seems Jalen left because he couldn’t reach an agreement with Butch and staff. Butch needs a great deal of personal change to continue in coaching.

If I were in butches shoes I would have moved him as he requested. We had great talent at RB and didn’t need him there full time. I am sure Jalen would have returned to RB if injuries dictated.

He would have made a great TE here. Still should have handled it better with his team mates. They would have supported him if he managed it properly.

Story definitely had a Pro-Jalen slant to it, but I do think he is going to surprise some folks, and that comment about competing for the Heisman...well its a long shot but I would not be shocked if he was in the running. I am curious what CJP could have done with him if he was here, but we'll never know.

Wait a minute. I thought the issue was the way Butch and company were using him in their offense. I thought he wanted to run under a more traditional power game with a fullback. He stated he wanted to be a running back and not change positions here at TN. Now, all of a sudden, he's an elite wide receiver? Not buying it. The dude quit on his team.

I shared similar thoughts. What happened to him wanting to run with a lead blocker? Maybe I am not remembering it correctly but I thought that's what he wanted.

VN Store

Back